Supermassive Black Hole A* - watercolor sci-fi and stuff

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

Supermassive Black Hole A* - watercolor sci-fi and stuff

Postby smbhax » July 13th, 2009, 6:10 pm

http://smbhax.smackjeeves.com

Supermassive Black Hole A* ("A star") is a hard sci-fi animated webcomic set around the gigantic black hole at the center of our galaxy, where energy is abundant and life is cheap.

I update with daily (usually multi-daily) single-panel cinematic-format strips Monday through Friday. The art that goes into the daily strips, plus lots more, gets bundled up into animated & voiced episodes approximately once a month; you can check those out through a handy link on the A* Smack Jeeves site above.

I always find feedback useful and helpful, so don't hesitate to let me know what you think. I haven't been in comics long and I know I have a lot to learn. :)
Last edited by smbhax on November 11th, 2016, 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
smbhax

Re: Supermassive Black Hole A*

Postby smbhax » September 18th, 2009, 3:32 am

The animated movie version of my 197 little A* episode 5 (multi-)daily comics is now online, so you can see how all those comics shoot by in a handful of minutes along with voices and music:

http://smbhax.com/ep/0005

:D
smbhax

Postby smbhax » December 23rd, 2009, 8:25 am

The episode 6 movie is online!

smbhax

Postby smbhax » March 9th, 2010, 11:02 pm

The episode 7 movie is online:

Starting with episode 8, I won't be producing movie versions anymore, but the comics are twice as big and a bit higher quality. Example:

smbhax

Postby smbhax » September 23rd, 2010, 9:58 pm

I'll be at the Jet City Comic Show

www.jetcitycomicshow.com

this Saturday (Seattle Center Exhibition Hall, 10 am to 6 pm) stealth handing out free postcards in the afternoon! :D

smbhax

Postby smbhax » November 3rd, 2010, 5:19 am

Well A* has just recently begun episode 11, with a different main character, and a story that sort of picks up where the previous one left off, but, uh, bigger? Also with this character in the lead role there will be more action, for instance in this episode we're going to try to blow up a planet, woo.

Also, there will be a show of prints of my stuff--mostly A* and the Princess--at the swanky Caffe Fiore coffee house in my own Ballard neighborhood here in Seattle, starting this very Friday, November 5th, and running through the end of the year. The official opening reception shindig will be held there 7-9 pm on Saturday November 13th (which is also during the neighborhood Art Walk, so people will be circulating among all of the area's various art places), and you yes you are invited!
smbhax

Postby smbhax » March 24th, 2011, 12:49 am

A* just hit its 1000th page here on Smack Jeeves! :D

Here's another recent page just to illustrate how things are going recently:

smbhax

Postby smbhax » April 1st, 2011, 6:00 pm

Framed prints of my work will be showing at the Rosebud Restaurant & Bar (Capitol Hill, Seattle) from tomorrow through June!

If you saw my earlier Ballard show, these are mostly the same pieces, although I think there are a few more that we couldn't fit in at that previous venue. : )
smbhax

Postby smbhax » November 11th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Oh boy it's been a while since I updated this thread : o. The comic's still be plugging right along, though, with one update per day M-F. Here are some recent, non-consecutive sample pages, in watercolor:

Thanks for looking! ^_^
smbhax

Re: Supermassive Black Hole A* - watercolor sci-fi and stuff

Postby smbhax » January 28th, 2017, 5:33 am

@Alt_NASA on Twitter is using my art (from this A* page) as their header image : ooo : )

:=ooo
smbhax

Re: Supermassive Black Hole A* - watercolor sci-fi and stuff

Postby smbhax » October 11th, 2017, 1:23 am

Who says a night club can't also be an aquarium. (Latest page. : P)

smbhax

Return to Self-Promotion