Thoughts off the top of your head

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby Seven Rain » October 24th, 2019, 2:28 pm

I'm also like that with voice actors, though I'd say it's more of a general fanaticism with voice acting rather than a single voice, there are a lot that I hear all over the place and constantly blurt out "Oh hey it's _____!" but one that even peeps with little to no knowledge of voice acting will notice and hear all over the place is Steven Blum. Once you watch some Cowboy Bebop and someone points out a few other Blum roles you pretty easily zero-in on him all over the place, including non-anime roles. He has a recognizable voice, (and to be frank not a lot of range, whereas Chris Sabbat is in tons of stuff but has a quite a few different voices and tones,) so he's easy to pick out and man does he make his way around. For some reason one role that sticks out to me for being so unexpected was in an episode of Regular Show where he played some weird computer guy named Techmo.

I guess if I were to try and think of any "odd favorites" that I notice and get more excited about than others I'd say Chuck Huber, the voice actor for Android 17 and Shin-chan's dad. I dunno why he's such a stand-out fave of mine, but I get unreasonably excited when I hear him.

mitchellbravo wrote:though you could argue it's tied with Beavis and Butthead Do America

I would've never guessed something like that, that's awesome. Excellent taste.

jellyfishin wrote:Especially Patrick Warburton.

Yeah, he's great. My favorite role of his will probably always be Brock Sampson. For the briefest time in my life I used to think he and Diedrich Bader were the same person, lol.

artofjoe wrote:When I'm watching cartoons I always hear Keith David somewhere, and recently I've noticed Karen Gillan in a bunch of stuff.

Aah, Keith David is another awesome one that I agree on picking out in some surprising places and roles.
Y'all gotta be careful getting me all itching to ramble about voice actors, that's a pandora's box waiting to be opened.
(Follow me on Twitter for post-SJ news!)
Sonic-ock wrote:Been a while, made a lot of really great friends here. I love this community and I love you guys, it's been so real...
Seven Rain

Postby aswedewhodraws » October 24th, 2019, 2:58 pm

life is just a joke without a punchline.
aswedewhodraws

Postby TheFunTrain » October 26th, 2019, 11:34 am

For years now, I have been taking Newgrounds for granted and not giving it the attention it deserves. I can no longer offer a good reason why YouTube should be my go-to content browsing time-wasting site. When I gave up on broadcast TV at the end of high school, I slowly transitioned to the very different world of 2009-2010 YouTube. Many of the artists, animators, and content creators I enjoyed there got their start and built their following on Newgrounds. Over the years, YT transitioned away from a place where upstart content creators could eke out a living animating short cartoons and films. Now, it feels like a mega corporation distributing engineered pop culture on autopilot emphasizing maximum quantity at minimum quality. Watching video after video detailing Google's questionable management, I lamented the lack of any meaningful competition. Eventually, it occurred to me to follow the flash movies back to the source. Why have none of my friends or favorite content makers made me join NG yet? Last time I attempted to branch out, I closed the tab containing Tapastic in confused frustration. NG is proving more promising for browsing and actually discovering worthwhile art. Some day, maybe I'll dive in and actually make an account.
TheFunTrain

Postby maelstrom51210 » October 30th, 2019, 7:42 am

Now that I have a job that requires moving around the country a lot, one of my goals is now to try all the local fast food chains.
maelstrom51210

Postby Seven Rain » October 30th, 2019, 1:07 pm

maelstrom51210 wrote:Now that I have a job that requires moving around the country a lot, one of my goals is now to try all the local fast food chains.

If you're ever in central Iowa keep your eyes peeled for B-Bop's.
Sonic-ock wrote:Been a while, made a lot of really great friends here. I love this community and I love you guys, it's been so real...
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » November 4th, 2019, 12:47 pm

Chile, Lebanon and Hong Kong protesters have been inspired by Joker. No wonder why the medias wanted that movie to fail.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » November 4th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Chile, Lebanon and Hong Kong protesters have been inspired by Joker. No wonder why the medias wanted that movie to fail.

I like the comment "So, the film that was supposed to inspire mass shootings from involuntary celibates, is actually inspiring people to fight for their rights. Audiences are way smarter than journalists think."
I really need to get around to seeing that movie. I admit I was apprehensive about it but I keep hearing that it took a completely different direction from all the perceptions and speculation, and my friends wouldn't stop raving about it.
Seven Rain

Postby Oly-RRR » November 5th, 2019, 5:35 am

I'm baaaack! I sorted out my flat (mostly?), got a doggo (totally!) and getting back to making comics (hopefully). Glad to see the forum still going, I know it's only been a few months but it feels like AGES! Luv ya all.
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby Seven Rain » November 7th, 2019, 12:12 am

Is it just me or has there been an upsurge in these bots lately.
Seven Rain

Postby eishiya » November 7th, 2019, 7:57 am

Seven Rain wrote:Is it just me or has there been an upsurge in these bots lately.

A little bit, yeah.

Lately they seem to be doing their crap right after I go to bed, too, no matter how late or early I go. It's like they're waiting for me to go offline :V We really need a mod in a different time zone.
eishiya

Postby Raging Ghost » November 7th, 2019, 1:40 pm

For some reason, I thought of Eric Andre as the Joker. Why.
Raging Ghost

Postby mitchellbravo » November 8th, 2019, 1:37 pm

eishiya wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:Is it just me or has there been an upsurge in these bots lately.

A little bit, yeah.

Lately they seem to be doing their crap right after I go to bed, too, no matter how late or early I go. It's like they're waiting for me to go offline :V We really need a mod in a different time zone.

I'm sorry I don't check in more often- it's once a day if anything, and you almost always catch them before I even see them.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby eishiya » November 8th, 2019, 1:42 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:
eishiya wrote:

A little bit, yeah.

I'm sorry I don't check in more often- it's once a day if anything, and you almost always catch them before I even see them.

Aw, don't worry about it :D I think we're in the same time zone or close to it, so we're both gone at around the same times.
eishiya

Postby artofjoe » November 9th, 2019, 3:04 am

I really appreciate you mods catching those pesky bots, though they are sometimes pretty hilarious and uncomfortable! XD I have had some great laughs.
artofjoe

Postby mitchellbravo » November 11th, 2019, 8:15 pm

pet peef- People who don't understand ratios. You seen this? They say "1 abc to 3 def" to indicate there's supposed to be twice as much def as abc? What do they think a 1:1 ratio means?
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion