What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby Candy150 » August 20th, 2019, 12:40 am

Hello! I read this webcomic around 2017 but i do not remember the webpage where i read it or the name/author's name. I remember she had a youtube channel where she uploaded speedpaints and sketchbook tours with some advice based on her experience drawing/writing the comic. (I am using female pronouns because i think she identified as female)

The comic was about a boy (teenager?) who was part of a sect/religion. His father was sort of the priest of the town and there was another boy living with them (i think) who was new to this religion. I also remember during one of the early chapters they go to an underground library or temple. It was all traditionally inked (which was most of what the author uploaded to youtube, but i think she might have deleted her channel) I remember the title being something to do with religion but i don't know what it was

I'm sorry i know it is really vague but if anyone knows what it is i'd be super greatful.
Candy150

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » October 4th, 2019, 8:37 pm

There was a comic called Squidward's birthday (or somthing like that) and I think it has been deleted but I would like to ask the author of the comic why they did it.
I forgot the author's name please message me the link to their smackjeeves account if you know who I am talking about.
All I remember they made a spongebob comic with a name like squidward's birthday.
The art style looked very much like the one in the spongebob cartoon
I know they did have a webtoon account with the comic but I think the comic there was deleted too.
Pidgeot Slayer

Postby catherineese » October 8th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Candy150 wrote:Hello! I read this webcomic around 2017 but i do not remember the webpage where i read it or the name/author's name. I remember she had a youtube channel where she uploaded speedpaints and sketchbook tours with some advice based on her experience drawing/writing the comic. (I am using female pronouns because i think she identified as female)

The comic was about a boy (teenager?) who was part of a sect/religion. His father was sort of the priest of the town and there was another boy living with them (i think) who was new to this religion. I also remember during one of the early chapters they go to an underground library or temple. It was all traditionally inked (which was most of what the author uploaded to youtube, but i think she might have deleted her channel) I remember the title being something to do with religion but i don't know what it was

I'm sorry i know it is really vague but if anyone knows what it is i'd be super greatful.

If I recall correctly, I believe this was Purgatory by Holly Brown.
catherineese

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » October 12th, 2019, 12:54 am

Why isn't this thread active? I really need to find the author! ;-;
Pidgeot Slayer

Postby mitchellbravo » October 12th, 2019, 10:55 am

I guess the post above yours didn't answer your question correctly? It's possible no one knows, that's why people aren't responding. A bunch of responses saying "I don't know" wouldn't be helpful.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby eishiya » October 12th, 2019, 1:22 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:I guess the post above yours didn't answer your question correctly? It's possible no one knows, that's why people aren't responding. A bunch of responses saying "I don't know" wouldn't be helpful.

The post was responding to someone else.

But mitchell's right, people might just not have an answer for you. Spongebob fancomics aren't exactly a popular genre xP
eishiya

Postby mitchellbravo » October 12th, 2019, 1:42 pm

D'oh- I scrolled too quick for my own eyes and thought the quoted post was also Pidgeot Slayer's previous post.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby accidentalhermit » October 12th, 2019, 3:49 pm

There's this webcomic I read a while ago (2013-2015), not sure if it was on Smack Jeeves, but it had a semi-realistic style, or at least not cartoony. It had a dark atmosphere. I can't remember what the plot was or even the main character, but I remember there was a pretty fancy, formal party and at the end of the first chapter (or maybe the second, I'm not sure) someone's hand was shoved in a blender. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
accidentalhermit

Postby jellyfishin » October 18th, 2019, 9:40 pm

Pidgeot Slayer wrote:There was a comic called Squidward's birthday (or somthing like that) and I think it has been deleted but I would like to ask the author of the comic why they did it.
I forgot the author's name please message me the link to their smackjeeves account if you know who I am talking about.
All I remember they made a spongebob comic with a name like squidward's birthday.
The art style looked very much like the one in the spongebob cartoon
I know they did have a webtoon account with the comic but I think the comic there was deleted too.

eishiya wrote:
mitchellbravo wrote:I guess the post above yours didn't answer your question correctly? It's possible no one knows, that's why people aren't responding. A bunch of responses saying "I don't know" wouldn't be helpful.

The post was responding to someone else.

But mitchell's right, people might just not have an answer for you. Spongebob fancomics aren't exactly a popular genre xP

Ah, that comment triggered my memory of my medical informatics class lessons! Non-popular subjects tend to be a lot easier to search than popular ones, as their nonpopularity gives them a sense of specificity.

This was actually really to find via a Google search. The comic is "Squidward's Birthday Gift". Google's cache shows that the artist made an announcement about moving to other sites (Google unfortunately did not snapshot the page of the news, so the reasons for moving I do not know). The comic exists on Tapas.io at https://m.tapas.io/series/SBG (though one can also find the comic on Tumblr through a bit more web searching).
jellyfishin

Postby Somone » November 12th, 2019, 7:29 am

I made a spare account because I didn't want people to recognize who posted this question just in case people think I am an unpleasant person or am crazy so I would prefer this to be separate from my real account.

A long while ago I scarcely remember seeing a video game on YouTube. I think it was a guy who had two pet owls. But one of them gets kidapped. He and his remaining owl had to go and rescue the other owl. The game was pixeled, 2d and seemed to be a platformer or a puzzle game. One of the owls was red (I think.) I cannot recall any names but I think the game was on Nintendo switch? I believe in the game the character was seen on the side. (like most Mario platformers)
Please help I really want to know if I am remembering gameplay from YouTube or if it was a dream.
Somone

Postby artofjoe » November 12th, 2019, 9:25 pm

Somone wrote:A long while ago I scarcely remember seeing a video game on YouTube. I think it was a guy who had two pet owls. But one of them gets kidapped. He and his remaining owl had to go and rescue the other owl. The game was pixeled, 2d and seemed to be a platformer or a puzzle game. One of the owls was red (I think.) I cannot recall any names but I think the game was on Nintendo switch? I believe in the game the character was seen on the side. (like most Mario platformers)
Please help I really want to know if I am remembering gameplay from YouTube or if it was a dream.

Is it called Eagle Island? I think that matches the description well.
artofjoe

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » November 14th, 2019, 2:22 am

i need to find another deleted comic, it was a slice of life or a gag a day (or both) comic where the character/author was a glaceon. The comic was in black and white (not sure if there was any colour)
Pidgeot Slayer

Previous

Return to General Discussion