What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby Ddraigeneth » September 6th, 2012, 3:05 pm

I know we've had a variety of threads when people needed help remembering a comic or whatnot. Hoping this can just be a general thread for those nagging games/books/movies we can't quite recall.

Looking for: For starters, my husband remembers having an anime VHS when he was little. Only scattered memories of it, but a guy was in a forest when it turned dark and evil, the trees were dead, there were red things floating around, with a half-spider-woman. He thinks it was this same guy who had the woman he loved turned into a wooden doll as some form of spite/punishment.

Not much to go off of, but I thought maybe it would spark something.
Ddraigeneth

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby eishiya » September 6th, 2012, 3:27 pm

For the sake of people browsing this thread, I think it would be good practice to prefix requests with a bold Looking for: and answered requests with Found:.
eishiya

Postby Ddraigeneth » September 7th, 2012, 6:51 am

Sounds good to me.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Piano-kun » September 9th, 2012, 1:24 am

Looking for: The artist of this painting-
Spoiler! :
Piano-kun

Postby robybang » September 9th, 2012, 2:06 am

Piano-kun wrote:Looking for: The artist of this painting-
Spoiler! :

Found: Khang Le

By the way, did you know you can just drag and drop images into Google image search?
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby CB_Young » September 9th, 2012, 10:27 pm

Loooking for:

I know that this is a lite vague, but I dont guess it can hurt to try. When I was about 10 years old, I saw this TV show that had this dead woman in a canopy bed, and then anothr woman being decapotated by a ceiling fan. I remember the set having a lot of blue tones on it.

My sister and I were talking about horror movies the other day, and we have the same recollection of this scene that scared the hell out of us both when we were kids.
I'm showing my age, but this was on tv in the mid 90's.
CB_Young

Postby Durvin » September 19th, 2012, 6:30 pm

Ddraigeneth wrote:Looking for: For starters, my husband remembers having an anime VHS when he was little. Only scattered memories of it, but a guy was in a forest when it turned dark and evil, the trees were dead, there were red things floating around, with a half-spider-woman. He thinks it was this same guy who had the woman he loved turned into a wooden doll as some form of spite/punishment.

If you're sure it was a guy, no idea. If it might have been an adorable unicorn, it sounds a lot like "Unico and the Island of Dreams", an anime that was technically made for kids but was seriously freaking disturbing, with this terrifying marionette that turned people into wooden dolls and built a city of out them. An adorable baby unicorn was somehow supposed to fix it...there was a douchebag cat with visibly dangling testicles...they talked to the Trojan Horse at one point, which was a giant rocking-horse in the dimension of lost toys...My ex-girlfriend saw it as a kid and she's scared of puppets to this day.

If that was it, cool; if not, and you enjoy anime that TV Tropes would call both "Nightmare Fuel" and "What Do You Mean, It's For Kids?", I would totally recommend tracking it down.

Anyway, I've got one: looking for something about a city that's hanging by chains from the underside of a cave; I feel like it's from something about "Dungeons & Dragons", but I'm not positive. I'm really good at visualizing things, and really bad at remembering things, so I'm not even sure if it was actually pictured or just described.
Durvin

Postby Mundius » September 19th, 2012, 6:33 pm

Looking for: A Russian game made for really old computers (that run Windows) where it's something to do with a caveman bashing objects and secret places appear and it was really cool and cryptic. There was also an ice or ice mountain level that wasn't super-easy to find. It's most likely in Russian.
Image < An abuse of the popularity and abundance of Boy Love comics, surreal
Mundius

Postby LibertyCabbage » September 20th, 2012, 1:35 pm

CB_Young wrote:Loooking for:

I know that this is a lite vague, but I dont guess it can hurt to try. When I was about 10 years old, I saw this TV show that had this dead woman in a canopy bed, and then anothr woman being decapotated by a ceiling fan. I remember the set having a lot of blue tones on it.

My sister and I were talking about horror movies the other day, and we have the same recollection of this scene that scared the hell out of us both when we were kids.

Is it this episode of Tales from the Crypt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2611MSQzoCE
ImageImage
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
LibertyCabbage

Postby CB_Young » September 25th, 2012, 8:22 pm

LibertyCabbage wrote:
CB_Young wrote:Loooking for:

Is it this episode of Tales from the Crypt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2611MSQzoCE

That's it! Thank you, I have been trying to find what that was for at least 16 years.

And watching it now... I'm slightly embarrassed that I was frightened by this.
Last edited by CB_Young on September 28th, 2012, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CB_Young

Postby JoKeR » September 27th, 2012, 5:40 pm

Mundius wrote:Looking for: A Russian game made for really old computers (that run Windows) where it's something to do with a caveman bashing objects and secret places appear and it was really cool and cryptic. There was also an ice or ice mountain level that wasn't super-easy to find. It's most likely in Russian.

How old and for what system? ...I'm a retro gamer maybe I can help you.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Mundius » September 27th, 2012, 6:04 pm

JoKeRcologne wrote:
Mundius wrote:Looking for: A Russian game made for really old computers (that run Windows) where it's something to do with a caveman bashing objects and secret places appear and it was really cool and cryptic. There was also an ice or ice mountain level that wasn't super-easy to find. It's most likely in Russian.

How old and for what system? ...I'm a retro gamer maybe I can help you.

PC, most likely. By what I remember from the PC, it was either a Windows 95 or a 98... yet this was many years ago. The only thing I definitely remember was that I loaded it through either FAR Manager or a system similar to it. I remember playing it in 2002, and it was 2D and topdown.

(I'm a retro gamer too, but this is that ONE title that I can't find at all)
Mundius

Postby JoKeR » September 29th, 2012, 11:53 am

Ok this is a tough one ...I have no clue and google is not helping in this issue ... searched for 2 hours.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Mundius » September 29th, 2012, 1:15 pm

JoKeRcologne wrote:Ok this is a tough one ...I have no clue and google is not helping in this issue ... searched for 2 hours.

I've searched for it for 6 years, no amount of Google-fu will help you. Yes, I tried searching in Russian as well, led me NOWHERE.

Neither my mom nor her old coworker remember the name.
Mundius

Postby mitchellbravo » October 5th, 2012, 11:15 pm

This mostly fits in this thread so I figure I'll put it here.

Okay, so, this book, right? I remember when I was little and had just learned to read (or read on my own I guess), I borrowed this book from the elementary school library. I remember reading it to my dad.

Uh, except... the copyright date is 2002? And for me to have read it as a fresh young reader, it would have had to come out in the early 90's. I see the video special came out earlier than that, but I specifically remember it being a book.

I definitely remember it being a little girl with cancer, and I remember she had a wig and all the other kids were confused why she had it, and it was because her hair had fallen out from the cancer treatment. I'm quite certain it was Charlie Brown, but the 2002 book seems to be all I can find.

edit: JUST KIDDING FELLAS
http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Why-Charlie-Bro ... k-/1559251
^1990 edition right there, glad to know my brain didn't just create a false memory. I guess they just advertise the more recent editions since, well, they're more recent.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Next

Return to General Discussion