What was your first webcomic?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

What was your first webcomic?

Postby Junoro » March 8th, 2016, 12:41 am

What was the first webcomic you ever read? :D

Mine was those Neopets plot flash comics! Anyone remember the Lost Desert Neopets comic? Or the Darigan Citadel one? Yeah, good times.
Junoro

Re: What was your first webcomic?

Postby rattt » March 8th, 2016, 12:43 am

the disappointing tale of a land shark :o
rattt

Postby Spelledeg » March 8th, 2016, 12:44 am

Oooh! I also read the Neopets flash comics! I read those before I knew what webcomics were haha. The first non-neopets webcomic I read was probably Seed or Property of Hate though.
Spelledeg

Postby Memoria Caelestie » March 8th, 2016, 12:47 am

Mine was the adventure of raven having a all the boys from teen titan crushing on her while she not like any of them back! Also she was a demon and also a ninja and also had mummy!
Memoria Caelestie

Postby xXBabble_PWNXx » March 8th, 2016, 12:48 am

My favorite first webcomic was Kramer

Also please please friend me on PS4 for Kramer friends of Kramer

Comics are good but Kramer is good too Please
xXBabble_PWNXx

Postby rattt » March 8th, 2016, 12:53 am

go home
rattt

Postby Zarl » March 8th, 2016, 2:58 am

I was more into animation stuff from Albino Black Sheep up until I ran into MSPA, but I think I ran into that possibly around the same time as Nedroid? I wouldn't know which one I found first because I started to read them about the same time after leaving highschool.
Zarl

Postby mitchellbravo » March 8th, 2016, 7:20 am

Ohhh it took me a minute to really think through it. My first webcomic I can actually remember reading was this one, which someone introduced to me when we were in tenth grade. Looks like the last update was in 2012, but it stopped updating regularly long before that. Wow, that was a real throwback for me.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby AshenSkye » March 8th, 2016, 8:24 am

My very first one? I don't remember. I can tell you the first two, but I don't remember the first. Malakhim and TallTails. Way back in 2004. Malakhim is now being turned into a book series while TallTails is complete and they just change the post date so it always has "new pages" posted. ;)
[ Etsy ][ Ko-fi ]

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle! | Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians. | Give 100% in all you do! Unless you're giving blood.
AshenSkye

Postby IvyDoodle » March 8th, 2016, 11:35 am

I didn’t even know web-comics were a thing until my friend (Miley_silus) showed me smackjeeves and his own comic during my college years… and then when I got to browse the site I found Mokepon xD
I didn’t believe that and for a second was thinking that it wasn’t possible, but nope the dates sorta match up, was round 2010 I think. Unless you count Si’s comic then it would be ‘Ore', the comic he abandoned on his old account the cheeky devil.
IvyDoodle

Postby Seven Rain » March 8th, 2016, 3:29 pm

I think it was this, like... Old sprite comic about the space pirates from Metroid.
The comic was set in the Metroid universe, but instead of featuring Samus, it was about the space pirates getting into shenanigans and being generally incompetent, with the main protagonist being some lame Mega Man base sprite edited to resemble the space pirates. Looking back it was pretty generic sprite comic stuff but it was new to me back then, and back then I actually found it funny.
I'm not 100% sure it's the first webcomic I read, but it was 100% for sure the first sprite comic I read.

F@NBOY$ gets an honorable mention, I started reading that foreeevvveeerrr ago, and over the years the humor seemed to grow up with me as I read it. Looking back on the old pages they're really cringe-y, but the later stuff is still really good. Too bad it's either dead or I have an obsolete bookmark for it, because last I checked it hasn't updated in like a year.
Spoiler! :
It also gets an honorable mention as the first forum I ever tried to actively take part in, though I was really childish back then and most of the other forum-goers were tools, so it was a bad experience.
Seven Rain

Postby mountainya » March 8th, 2016, 3:33 pm

Mine was Gunnerkrigg Court. It's got a huge, and I mean HUGE archive, but it's so worth the binge. Funny thing is, I first found the print version of the first book at the library and looked to see if there was another, and...well, you know the rest :D
mountainya

Postby mikemacdee » March 9th, 2016, 2:45 am

I wanna say it was Road Waffles on Keenspot. I still couldn't tell you what it was about.

You read some pretty bad stuff when you're young...
mikemacdee

Postby JoKeR » March 9th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Oglaf ...really, what did you expect?

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Vitotamito » March 10th, 2016, 12:33 am

Holy shit it's no longer on the site:

http://dreamwalkerchronicles.smackjeeves.com/

Still the best comic ever to have been on this site by far.

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.kidjutsu.com/comic/dreamwalk ... volume-one
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Next

Return to General Discussion