Small Discord Group

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Small Discord Group

Postby serenitysquirrel » October 27th, 2016, 8:50 am

Hello everyone! I am looking to jump-start a small dicord group centered around all things comics and am looking for just a few nice people to help with this!

What We're About
A supportive group centered around the creation of comics (including art, writing, paneling, etc.) along with the more marketing side (cons, websites, promotion, printing, merch). We are inclusive & diverse, enjoying the differences in people's backgrounds and ideas.

Goals
Networking is a great goal and always happens when you make new friends! I also have solid plans for things such as prompt challenges and promotion plans for all group members interested.

<3
Comics are a fantastic medium that include both story and art. Weather you're the role of a writer, artist, letter, or prompter, you're amazing for doing the things you do and keeping at it. That said, I am looking to allow only a few people in at a time as to not overwhelm the group as a whole.

Please just drop me a note in this thread if you're interested or have any questions!
serenitysquirrel

Re: Small Discord Group

Postby eishiya » October 27th, 2016, 8:59 am

I believe people on the forum have tried and failed this before, but keeping the group limited to a few people at a time sounds like it could help this survive. Even if the group never actually gets to the point where you have to turn people away, just knowing that there will never be more than a few people talking at the same time is very encouraging. I am unable to talk to more than a couple of people at a time, so I've always stayed away from the Skype and Discord groups people have proposed. If that's something I don't have to worry about, I'd love to try it out!

It's a shame Discord doesn't have screen sharing yet though. Not being able to share what we're working on for feedback and rotten vegetables sucks.
eishiya

Postby serenitysquirrel » October 27th, 2016, 9:07 am

So far the best answer to screen share is a pinned google hangouts group, and GH is pretty easy on the computer too, allowing for more than three people. But WIP's are super welcome in chat as well! I never want anyone to feel discouraged from doing their comics and rockin it' the way they love.

Right now most of the group are people I've known a good while. They have various levels of experience in different areas but are some of the nicest and chill people I've ever met.

I'll PM you the link!
serenitysquirrel

Postby xX-DragonFairy-Xx » October 28th, 2016, 2:07 am

I'm super interested as well! I love small group chats and have been looking for some more artists to connect with. Prompts and such sound so fun. Let me know if you have any space <3
xX-DragonFairy-Xx

Postby serenitysquirrel » October 30th, 2016, 12:42 pm

Group is going great so far. Will be opening it up for another person or two in a few days.
serenitysquirrel

Postby serenitysquirrel » January 29th, 2017, 3:56 pm

If anyone is still interested, opening group for 1-2 more people.
serenitysquirrel

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » January 30th, 2017, 8:24 am

serenitysquirrel wrote:If anyone is still interested, opening group for 1-2 more people.

*raises hand*
SkyWithFluffyclouds

Postby serenitysquirrel » February 19th, 2017, 9:40 pm

Do you have a start of a comic somewhere?
serenitysquirrel

Postby z3ir4m » March 22nd, 2017, 10:51 am

I could be interested too. I've already one small group for this kind for sharing advices and experiences around comics, but another group, moreover a english-speaking one, could be an awesome experience too.
z3ir4m

Postby cloverthegreat » March 24th, 2017, 3:31 pm

I finally discovered that discord isn't just voice chat. I'm interested.
cloverthegreat

Postby Oly-RRR » March 24th, 2017, 7:16 pm

I'm rarely active in group chats but I'd like to give it a go! :)
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby ewolf20 » April 2nd, 2017, 8:35 am

Do it!! I'm so excited.
ewolf20

Postby serenitysquirrel » April 16th, 2017, 8:30 am

Guys, make sure to include a link to your comic and a little about yourself. :)
serenitysquirrel

Postby Pooie » April 20th, 2017, 11:24 am

Hey, I'm interested in joining this comic creator's discord! I'm a bit bored with a lot of inactive servers, and would like to connect with the Smackjeeves community more. my discord is kimoi#1802
Pooie

Return to General Discussion