is this your first comic?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: is this your first comic?

Postby racarter » January 30th, 2019, 10:29 pm

Witches of the Evening is indeed my first comic. Everything I read suggested doing a shorter comic instead of a long running one, but I loved this idea too much and didn’t want to get distracted with another comic.
racarter

Postby kzuich » February 8th, 2019, 1:40 pm

The Scientific Adventures of Pear is my first comic, yup. Chapter 00 was done in 2012 (so it looks kinda meh, lol), and then in 2016 I decided to work on it again. :)

I have learned so much about drawing, comic layout, just...everything since then. It's a bit meandering but I'm proud of it and how far I've come!
kzuich

Postby vanoso » March 5th, 2019, 9:44 am

While I haven't started posting it (I have started working on it though) the comic I'm working on definitely isn't my first. When I was in the fifth grade I wrote my first comic called "Kelly Fink: Awesome 5th Grader" which had silly stories about evil guinea pigs. Then in middle school I got really into anime and manga so I started writing my own manga-style comics. I have an old binder somewhere filled with all my attempts at writing shojo-style comics lol. The longest comic I'd ever written was about 30 pages, and it was pure nonsense to be quite honest! I also wrote one in high school that had a small following before I abandoned the project altogether. Now I'm hoping with the comic I'm working on now the plot will make sense and I''ll actually finish it until the end :p
vanoso

Postby Demon Works » March 9th, 2019, 12:38 pm

Yes... Unfortunately, I made the mistake of starting without any knowledge of stories etc. So I had to rewrite it. Man, was that a pain!

Check it out and tell me if its any good. XD

" Murder For Hire "
Demon Works

Postby jellyfishin » March 9th, 2019, 2:29 pm

The one I have on SmackJeeves is not my first comic, but it is the first one I'm taking seriously with doing scripts and thumbnailing beforehand. My first comics were actually comics strips for the school newspaper back when I was in high school (that experience actually ended up being a turning point for me because it was then I realized that I didn't like the idea of turning my art into a job, and would prefer keeping art purely as a hobby).
jellyfishin

Postby CatzillaDK » March 9th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Both yes and no!
It's the very first comic I've ever sat down and really thought about and the concept for it is from when I was around 12-15 years old.
I didn't work on any pages because I knew I wanted this to be big and perfect so I spend so many years perfecting the ideas of the comic, getting better artwise and all that jazz.
In the meanwhile I made a few smaller comics, and comicstrips.

But now 10 years later I can finally say that I'm making a comic. Not just a small comic for a school project, but my own huge creation and my own stupid ideas.
Last edited by eishiya on March 9th, 2019, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't link to your comic in your posts. You can use the Self-Promotion forum and your signature for that.
CatzillaDK

Postby ebonykun » March 12th, 2019, 12:14 am

Yes it is!
It's my first endeavour and the first one I'm posting online. I hope I can keep it up and complete it. :D
ebonykun

Postby ryoshockwave » March 13th, 2019, 7:51 pm

Mine's a remake of one of my first comics o:
ryoshockwave

Postby Ikualokatl » March 18th, 2019, 7:49 pm

Well, no. My current comic, PMD: Selene is the second reboot from my first comic, and let me tell you, it was a really bad comic. REALLY bad comic. A lot of bad ideas, bad gender differences, and bad drawings.

But for now, I'm trying to improve my art and drawings skills. As for the comic itself, it has better story, better characters, better backgrounds and better presentation, so I think it's worth reading! :)
Ikualokatl

Postby GnomeExterminator99 » March 19th, 2019, 12:58 pm

Yep! And I'm in the same boat. I wanted to do something shorter, but I'm just too attached to the story I decided to write to work on something else. I kept putting off starting it because I was worried that I wasn't good enough artistically, or hadn't settled into a style, but I'm glad I did! Better to start today than to put it off.
GnomeExterminator99

Postby MarMarTche » March 19th, 2019, 10:25 pm

Lol yes & no. I've done a lot of short one-offs and I started a graphic novel like a decade ago before I knew how to draw. Got about 20 pages in before deciding to learn to draw and trying again in a couple years.
It's been a long time coming and it finally came.
MarMarTche

Postby Measley » March 20th, 2019, 8:36 am

The Legend of Azure is my second comic series. My first series ran into copyright issues. :(
Measley

Postby MarMarTche » March 20th, 2019, 9:20 am

@Measley - What kind of copyright issues? I'm so curious.
MarMarTche

Postby c o r e » March 20th, 2019, 10:03 am

aw hell yeah
well not really but 4komas don't count and most of those were from the distant past

other than that image in my signature is the first "actual" comic i'm doing
c o r e

Postby genii » April 16th, 2019, 2:22 pm

This is a really fun thread. :)

I too used to draw little comics as a kid. They were absolutely awful, but so much fun and I was so proud about them. Haha! :-D

This is my first comic that I've shared online, or with anyone other than friends and family. :)
genii

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion