your day in webcomics

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: your day in webcomics

Postby Captain Ghost » November 30th, 2018, 3:16 am

I sketched and inked two pages of an old comic I can't seem to be able to drop/consider dead, despite not having updated in a couple years now. It's not really the Shiny New project I want to work on but I keep going back to it and thinking, 'gee, it'd be nice if this got finished...' The heart wants what it wants, I guess, haha.

Well. The pages objectively look like garbage but it felt Really Really nice to work on them again.
I've missed comics so much... ^^V
Captain Ghost

Postby JoKeR » December 1st, 2018, 12:13 pm

Ah yes ...the next page might be this time right on schedule.
And maybe I can work on the over next page as well. :D

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Seven Rain » December 1st, 2018, 2:51 pm

I've been getting back on track myself. Finally finished the extra art I had to get done for WOE and can knock the next actual page out today. Maybe even before 6 so I can get it uploaded today.

*EDIT*
I jinxed myself. BUT HEY! Still happy about my progress.
Seven Rain

Postby UrbanMysticDee » December 2nd, 2018, 3:16 pm

Actually drewed a page today. Not on the computer, by hand.

It's doubly significant because this is the first time I've set in stone the appearance of one of the most important characters who hadn't been introduced before because I had a different vision for the story before.

And the meaning of the dialogue is doubly significant too. Not only is she telling the other character to finish the last judgment, but she's also looking right ahead at me telling me to finish the story after 18 years.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby ShaRose49 » December 2nd, 2018, 7:48 pm

ashtree-house wrote:I decided to take some art lessons starting next week. 1. for something to do since all my friends and boyfriend have hobbies/clubs through the week and I need something to do too, 2. Because I am self taught and could use some concrete theory/techniques. Plus I really, really want to learn water color.

Hope the things I learn will impact my comic positively!

I got some art courses to hopefully help me learn some concrete theory and techniques, but I need to take more time to study them. It’s just taking forever for them to get past the super basic stuff like how to measure lines and spdraw shapes evenly
ShaRose49

Postby dyohna » December 3rd, 2018, 10:06 am

Today I started sketching the Christmas mini comic I was thinking about. I maybe spent half a day doing that and the other half on inking main comic pages.
I don't know if I'm going to release it in parts like I did with my Halloween comic but that's starting to look like the best option.
dyohna

Postby UrbanMysticDee » December 7th, 2018, 8:53 pm

After 5 long years I'm so eager to post pages as soon as I finish them that I have to exert effort to hold back, knowing that there will come weeks when I have nothing finished.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby Valigarmander » December 8th, 2018, 6:57 am

UrbanMysticDee wrote:After 5 long years I'm so eager to post pages as soon as I finish them that I have to exert effort to hold back, knowing that there will come weeks when I have nothing finished.

I understand the feeling. I recently updated my artstyle to be much more detailed and interesting, and I'm a little bummed that it'll be three months before anyone else can see it.

But it's comforting to know that you have a buffer to keep your comic updating regularly in case real-life stuff keeps you from making more strips, or even if you just feel like giving yourself a vacation.
Valigarmander

Postby JoKeR » December 8th, 2018, 4:40 pm

flue ... Ill... got painfull cramp in the right shoulder and neck from resting ...arm started joining in ...I feel the pain from behind my bladebone over the elbow into the fingers of my right hand.
AND I STILL MANAGED THIS UPDATE ...BOOYAAH ...ok a whole week later than planned, but it's done.

proud.

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby UrbanMysticDee » December 14th, 2018, 8:36 pm

Drew full-body Shekinah for what is technically a very late page, but I'm drawing these out of order so it doesn't matter. For 17 years I had no idea what Shekinah was, maybe some kind of bird or something. But today I've figured it out. She's a tree. Those appendages are not wings, they are branches, and that long tail is a taproot.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby eishiya » December 17th, 2018, 10:15 am

I keep forgetting this thread exists, and then when I do remember, I just feel "who cares that I did some work on my comic" ._.

But screw that, I inked four pages yesterday.
And today I realised the next chapter isn't actually... written, even though I need to start thumbnailing it soon. It's a mash of two separate ideas that still needs to be wrangled into something cohesive, oops.
eishiya

Postby simplykit19 » December 17th, 2018, 12:37 pm

i drew a couple of pages on my comic , still polishing n makin it pretty for you guys :D
simplykit19

Postby Captain Ghost » December 17th, 2018, 10:36 pm

I completed two pages yesterday for a comic that hasn't updated in about 1.5 years.
I know, logically, I should just leave it be,
but some part of me refuses to do so. So... I guess I may as well finish the darn thing so I can maybe try and move on to another project at long last, haha!

In any case, I thought merely inking the pages a few weeks back felt nice -- but completing them was a whole rush of satisfaction all on its own qvq I'm so jazzed.
Captain Ghost

Postby JoKeR » December 19th, 2018, 8:58 am

meh... couldn't work on my page ...too much work and I already sleep so less. I hope I can make it today. :(

JoKeR

Postby UrbanMysticDee » December 23rd, 2018, 5:26 pm

Finally finished drawing that one page, a good way toward finished editing it. Made a 3D pitchfork for another page so I can finish that one too. Very productive day
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion