Thoughts off the top of your head

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby eishiya » June 18th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Glueckskeks wrote:
eishiya wrote:Today: 7 dead ants, one dead spider on the sill. One large half-dead something on the floor. Do they come here to die, or is my house just that lethal?

Who knows, maybe your house is the sacred pilgrimage site for bug sacrifices. D:
Do you have any idea where they come in? I had a small ant invasion a few weeks ago, but luckily putting baking powder everywhere they hung around got rid of them pretty quickly.

The window where they die, the frame isn't air-tight. I've tried the baking powder thing before, it didn't help.
As long as they're not invading my living/eating space, I don't mind too much.
eishiya

Postby Glueckskeks » June 18th, 2018, 5:19 pm

eishiya wrote:The window where they die, the frame isn't air-tight. I've tried the baking powder thing before, it didn't help.
As long as they're not invading my living/eating space, I don't mind too much.

Well, if they die right where they come in, it doesn't seem like a big problem :D
Glueckskeks

Postby Oly-RRR » June 18th, 2018, 5:25 pm

Glueckskeks wrote:Well, if they die right where they come in, it doesn't seem like a big problem :D

To continue the insect topic, found a fairly large bug in my room today. I threw it out of the window (I don't like killing them if it's avoidable) and I don't think it was a cockroach (smaller, no large antennae, no oversized legs) but I also haven't seen it flying (it was walking across a table and didn't buzz when I caught it) so how did it get here?? I think it probably just got carried in from the street on my backpack or something but argh, I so don't want it to be cockroaches.

I also want to binge-watch Fargo and I really should be doing other things. When you wish a tv series was an audio book...
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby kayotics » June 19th, 2018, 8:45 am

Also continuing the bug topic: We've had some pretty bad ants this summer. I don't know how they get in. Somehow they managed to get inside a CLOSED jar of honey. I live in a rented townhouse, so I don't want to get to the point of fumigating our home.

I bought some hardcore ant traps, they seemed to have good reviews. I'm going to commit ant murder. Sorry ants, but you got in my food.
kayotics

Postby Lutztoons » June 19th, 2018, 12:10 pm

Junebugs are probably the dumbest insects on the planet. None of them have gotten into my house, thank god, but they buzz around in front of the porch light and smack into the side of the house. I was trying to unlock my door one night and a junebug flew at me, whacked my arm, and landed on the ground with its legs flailing in the air. It turned itself right side up and crawled away, but somehow flipped upside down again and couldn't get back up. I guess it tripped. On any given night, you'll we like 20 junebugs flying around, crawling on the sidewalk, hitting things, and flailing around on the ground. Then they get back up and hit something else. Nothing's scaring them, they just do that.

Also I found a dead earwig in the basement. Yay.

Oly-RRR wrote:I think it probably just got carried in from the street on my backpack or something but argh, I so don't want it to be cockroaches.

Every time I see a long, brown bug, it freaks me out because I'm afraid that it'll turn out to be a roach. :? I also hope it isn't roaches!
Lutztoons

Postby Oly-RRR » June 21st, 2018, 7:36 pm

I lurk on similarly structured forums of rat communities and guuuuys, you won't believe how bad people are at using BBcode for posting pictures even with a link to instructions stuck at the top of relevant threads. I don't even know if it's the younger generation used to Instagram and tumblr or the older generation used to typewriters. Or just lazy people. Sometimes I forget I live in my small bubble of artists and then I'm reminded. :shock:

kayotics wrote:I'm going to commit ant murder. Sorry ants, but you got in my food.

Can't blame ya. Insects are pretty much biorobots so it's like, if we're talking about catching one bug and releasing it it's one thing, if it's an insect invasion it's another thing. Mammals are a different story entirely but I'm biased there.

Lutztoons wrote:Then they get back up and hit something else. Nothing's scaring them, they just do that.

Just following their programming. Mum once found a half-dead wasp in the sink and separated its head from the body to put it out of its misery and the body kept moving its legs for a while.

Bumblebees are probably my favourite insects and even they have this annoying thing when they all go bonkers around July and try to pollinate anything bright enough to be a flower (so... all my bright t-shirts). :lol:
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby UrbanMysticDee » June 21st, 2018, 8:55 pm

We need a biopic for Dat Face Soldier.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby TheFunTrain » June 23rd, 2018, 10:05 am

According to the NIST atomic clock website, the pink sand in my grandmother's hourglass measures three minutes to an accuracy of within one second.
"This job won't change me! I am immutable."
[Can't stop calibrating things]

Also, I am unreasonably proud that I remember the meaning of the Tempus Fugit engraving from a childhood visit. I don't want to become dependent on technology and never remember anything and/or have all of my long-term memories fade to black because I don't sleep enough.
TheFunTrain

Postby UrbanMysticDee » June 27th, 2018, 6:35 pm

Jurassic World is the exact same movie as Jurassic Park with all the intelligent and good parts removed and replaced with ACTION!!!! and DRAMA!!!!! and the characters have been made stupider.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby ashtree-house » June 27th, 2018, 11:49 pm

I finally watched Westworld season 2 finale. Anyone watch this show??

My brain.. it's.. *powers down*
ashtree-house

Postby Seven Rain » July 6th, 2018, 3:32 am

I got so much done today and yet so little.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » July 7th, 2018, 8:03 am

Studio Trigger has a Patreon now. On one side, I'm certain it's fake. On the other hand, anime isn't cheap.
Raging Ghost

Postby Master_72 » July 7th, 2018, 7:22 pm

What is up party people

Zombies are real and my revival is living proof of said fact.

What'd I miss
Spoiler! :

OFFICIALLY CROWNED CHAMPION OF FORUM GAMES
"You all may play the games, but I win them"
Master_72

Postby mitchellbravo » July 7th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Master_72 wrote:What is up party people

Zombies are real and my revival is living proof of said fact.

What'd I miss

hi
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Oly-RRR » July 7th, 2018, 8:20 pm

Master_72 wrote:What'd I miss

Maybe a handful of comic pages being made among all the sad talk and video game talk. :? Hi hi!
Oly-RRR

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion