Thoughts off the top of your head

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby TheJGamer » February 20th, 2019, 11:19 am

Y'know? I think I inherited my mom's artistic talent. We're both pretty good at drawing, I found out we both love colored pencils yesterday, and we both have nice handwriting (my friends joke that I should turn my handwriting into a font and type my papers; they wouldn't know the difference).

My mom's a pretty good artist; she even gives me tips and suggestions from time to time! Some worked (I finally drew necks because of her), but some didn't (She suggested a few days ago that I try mechanical pencils for sketching; I hated them, haha).
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby maelstrom51210 » February 20th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Today I learned that I hate walking through kudzu with a burning passion.
maelstrom51210

Postby mitchellbravo » February 20th, 2019, 7:03 pm

kevansevans wrote:Yeah I just watched a few clips now. It's just... not really creative. The any resemblance of any gag theme is they're bickering brothers. That's it, they bicker, one or both gets there comeuppance, and then it's on to the next gag, which the gag btw, is more or less one of them gets slapped pretty much.

Don't forget, Daggett is wild and crazy and grouchy all the time, while Norbert is the suave, chill one who puts up with Daggett's antics.

For some reason what sticks out to me is the large R&B bear that was either a parody of, or was actually voiced by, Barry White.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Kiki-Wyvern » February 21st, 2019, 4:25 pm

what if i made a pmd comic with fakemon in it? hmmm
Kiki-Wyvern

Postby Mushroom Flabs » February 22nd, 2019, 6:11 am

What if we're all color blind, and tree's are actually yellow
Mushroom Flabs

Postby JoKeR » February 23rd, 2019, 6:42 am

Mushroom Flabs wrote:What if we're all color blind, and tree's are actually yellow

What if the colour you got taught to be green, looks in reality for everyone totally different... but we all agreed that this colour should be called green.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby kevansevans » February 23rd, 2019, 4:03 pm

JoKeR wrote:
Mushroom Flabs wrote:What if we're all color blind, and tree's are actually yellow

What if the colour you got taught to be green, looks in reality for everyone totally different... but we all agreed that this colour should be called green.

I know that this is just a silly philosophical question, but science has strongly suggested that we do see the same colors, as we associate certain colors as being safe or dangerous before we're taught what they are.
kevansevans

Postby Zombait58 » February 24th, 2019, 1:00 am

kevansevans wrote:
JoKeR wrote:

I know that this is just a silly philosophical question, but science has strongly suggested that we do see the same colors, as we associate certain colors as being safe or dangerous before we're taught what they are.

Actually, weirdly enough men and women perceive colors differently. It goes back to hunter-gatherer times. Also, women are said to have a larger color vocabulary than men because of evolutionary and biological factors.
Zombait58

Postby JoKeR » February 24th, 2019, 7:29 am

Zombait58 wrote:
kevansevans wrote:
JoKeR wrote:What if the colour you got taught to be green, looks in reality for everyone totally different... but we all agreed that this colour should be called green.

Actually, weirdly enough men and women perceive colors differently. It goes back to hunter-gatherer times. Also, women are said to have a larger color vocabulary than men because of evolutionary and biological factors.

What you mean, aren't those all colours?
Colour-wheel_MAN.jpg
Colour-wheel_MAN.jpg (9.94 KiB) Viewed 6167 times

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby kevansevans » February 26th, 2019, 2:43 pm

JoKeR wrote:What you mean, aren't those all colours?

One of the biological advantages women have over men is their eye sight. This wasn't a result of survival behavior, but more of a beneficial mutation due to women having XX chromosomes, while men have XY. All female chromosomes have an extra leg of blueprints on how to construct a human correctly, and this extra leg also happens to contain extra instructions on how to build eyeballs. Due to this extra stability in building ones eyeballs, it's extremely rare for a female to have any form of color blindness, on top of that it is only possible for women to develop Tetrachromacy, where they can perceive a fourth set of color combinations. This isn't to be confused with seeing colors that don't have names yet, but women with tetrachromacy will see things being much more vibrant and perceive things, that are thought to be colorless, filled with reds, blues, greens, whatever. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrachromacy
kevansevans

Postby mitchellbravo » February 26th, 2019, 3:42 pm

My weak eye interprets colors as warmer and brighter than my strong eye. I think it's got to do with years of squinting it shut to protect it in the sun, whereas I had to keep the strong eye open in order to still see. Alternatively the strong eye was patched when my eyes were still growing (?) So it either developed differently or the weak eye is more light damaged and the pretty colored world is just a nice side effect. I am not an ophthalmologist
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby eishiya » February 26th, 2019, 3:56 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:My weak eye interprets colors as warmer and brighter than my strong eye. I think it's got to do with years of squinting it shut to protect it in the sun, whereas I had to keep the strong eye open in order to still see. Alternatively the strong eye was patched when my eyes were still growing (?) So it either developed differently or the weak eye is more light damaged and the pretty colored world is just a nice side effect. I am not an ophthalmologist

I have the exact same thing, but no squinting or patching history.
eishiya

Postby avian-reader » February 28th, 2019, 8:21 am

Speaking of colours, I remember it was here that I first learnt about CMYK. Until my late teens I only knew about RGB xD

Also, hi! Hope everyone's doing well :) How long before I disappear for ANOTHER two years? ¬_¬
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby Seven Rain » March 1st, 2019, 7:45 am

Hey hey it hasn't been two years yet, not even one! I'm doing well but this place is still so quiet nowadays.
Seven Rain

Postby avian-reader » March 1st, 2019, 8:43 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Hey hey it hasn't been two years yet, not even one! I'm doing well but this place is still so quiet nowadays.

I'd actually forgotten my trip here last March xD Yeah, it's seemed pretty quiet for a while, I was honestly worried it wouldn't be around this time. Glad you're doing alright dude :)
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion