Thoughts off the top of your head

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

is this an out of body experience

Postby Cope » June 20th, 2019, 7:06 am

It's a bit of a surreal experience looking at comics so old I don't remember drawing them.
Image
User avatar
Cope
 
Posts: 12
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 11:11 pm

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby maelstrom51210 » June 20th, 2019, 10:06 am

For some reason I've been having dreams where my brain comes with what it thinks the plot of new superhero movies should be. I've had a dream where the finale of Avengers: Endgame was just Captain Marvel and Ant-Man getting into n intense game of handball with Thanos, and one where the Hellboy reboot consisted of walking around a bunch of high ways.

Last night I had a dream about what the X-Men would be like if it get rebooted into the MCU. It was actually pretty neat. The Juggernaut was the bad guy in it.
Image
User avatar
maelstrom51210
 
Posts: 354
Joined: December 22nd, 2014, 10:43 pm

Re: is this an out of body experience

Postby mitchellbravo » June 20th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Cope wrote:It's a bit of a surreal experience looking at comics so old I don't remember drawing them.

Photobucket is photobombing your sig -_-
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Image
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
User avatar
mitchellbravo
 
Posts: 6509
Joined: October 11th, 2010, 1:31 pm
Location: too tired

is this an out of ip experience

Postby Cope » June 21st, 2019, 6:17 am

mitchellbravo wrote:
Cope wrote:It's a bit of a surreal experience looking at comics so old I don't remember drawing them.

Photobucket is photobombing your sig -_-

They are? I thought they stopped doing that. It's showing up fine for me, even after ctrl+f5.

EDIT: switched to imgur, just to be sure.
Image
User avatar
Cope
 
Posts: 12
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 11:11 pm

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby Snapinator » June 21st, 2019, 9:56 am

Are plants lactose intolerant?
User avatar
Snapinator
 
Posts: 5
Joined: May 24th, 2018, 11:42 am

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby mitchellbravo » June 21st, 2019, 10:22 pm

In my 3rd party stat tracker, I saw I had 26 unique hits yesterday, which was more than I've ever had in one day. I looked into it and it's just the same IP address/location loading the latest page every few minutes, but with a different unique ID each time (so it's not counting it as a returning visitor). Is this what a bot looks like? or is it someone on a mobile device with my page open in their browser and it keeps reloading somehow each time they're checking their phone?

I didnt' get my hopes up too high since it seemed too good to be true lol, though it is still kinda disappointing
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Image
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
User avatar
mitchellbravo
 
Posts: 6509
Joined: October 11th, 2010, 1:31 pm
Location: too tired

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby JoKeR » June 22nd, 2019, 3:32 pm

Tested yesterday streaming ...it worked. I only have to test if sound is also transmitted.
I feel somehow thrilled about the fact that I can finally stream from my machine.
Image

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
User avatar
JoKeR
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: June 10th, 2010, 3:42 am
Location: A City with a huge cathedral

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby illusjason » June 25th, 2019, 2:02 pm

TheFunTrain wrote:Technology is evolving ever faster. I used to be able to tell if a TV was on in any room of the house by the distinctive 15.734 kilohertz whine of the CRT flyback transformer. It was my secret superpower because older people start to lose hearing above about 10 kHz. I looked up videos of it and they were painfully loud. Good to know that unlike TVs, I haven't changed. Like a lame version of the bell from The Polar Express.

All this because I was reading about analog video wondering if it was feasible to connect an RGB LED to a computer to make the case glow with the same colors as the monitor after I saw RGB lighted RAM sticks while looking from RAM since Cities Skylines now hogs up all my memory until it crashes since I stared playing it again after I saw Matt playing it again

Today's theme is apparently children's books with the latter reference being If you Give a Mouse a Cookie


I thought I was the only one that could hear that noise. I'd say a TV was on I can hear it and nobody knew what I was on about.

It's like the wilhelm scream nobody knew what I was on about when Id hear it in every film and they thought I was weird :D
Image
User avatar
illusjason
 
Posts: 6
Joined: December 1st, 2018, 1:35 pm

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby AshenSkye » June 25th, 2019, 8:36 pm

CRT monitors and televisions, fluorescent lights, the boxes on cords for laptops and game systems, plug-and-play critter-chaser-offers, they all make painful noises that normal people seem unable to hear. Modern technology seems to favor trading one migraine for another, a fantastic example being the road hazards known as xenon and LED. It's to the point I can't shop at some stores because I live with migraines and LEDs trigger them, and night driving is becoming increasingly dangerous.
[ Just Another Day ][ Etsy ][ Ko-fi ]

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle! | Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians. | Give 100% in all you do! Unless you're giving blood.
User avatar
AshenSkye
 
Posts: 282
Joined: May 1st, 2011, 10:46 am
Location: Appalachian Foothills

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby Raging Ghost » June 26th, 2019, 6:17 am

We live in a low-tech cyberpunk world.
Image
User avatar
Raging Ghost
 
Posts: 6240
Joined: August 30th, 2010, 7:24 pm

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby TheFunTrain » June 26th, 2019, 1:09 pm

illusjason wrote:
TheFunTrain wrote:[TV sounds]


I thought I was the only one that could hear that noise. I'd say a TV was on I can hear it and nobody knew what I was on about.

It's like the wilhelm scream nobody knew what I was on about when Id hear it in every film and they thought I was weird :D

If you're in the PAL region as opposed to NTSC, TVs scream at 15.625 kHz. Additionally, some older game consoles synchronize with the 50 Hz PAL standard, resulting in slower frame rates and even music. The Sonic the Hedgehog boss theme I thought was a cultural touchstone apparently sounded different to a large portion of the world.

AshenSkye wrote:CRT monitors and televisions, fluorescent lights, the boxes on cords for laptops and game systems, plug-and-play critter-chaser-offers, they all make painful noises that normal people seem unable to hear. Modern technology seems to favor trading one migraine for another, a fantastic example being the road hazards known as xenon and LED. It's to the point I can't shop at some stores because I live with migraines and LEDs trigger them, and night driving is becoming increasingly dangerous.
Recently, I drove a new rental car, and I really hope manufacturers get over the trend of shoving in as many technical gimmicks as possible. I don't need a wall of touchscreens, blinding search lights, and a beeping sensors that tell me I'm about to crash at highway speed. Since when did Honda Accord become a luxury brand?

Raging Ghost wrote:We live in a low-tech cyberpunk world.

Our technology is both more and less advanced than many notable cyberpunk worlds. Total Recall had self-driving cars on a Mars colony, but no internet.
User avatar
TheFunTrain
 
Posts: 213
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 11:59 pm

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby AshenSkye » June 26th, 2019, 8:02 pm

TheFunTrain wrote:Recently, I drove a new rental car, and I really hope manufacturers get over the trend of shoving in as many technical gimmicks as possible. I don't need a wall of touchscreens, blinding search lights, and a beeping sensors that tell me I'm about to crash at highway speed. Since when did Honda Accord become a luxury brand?

What scares me more is that there are touchscreen planes out there. DX
[ Just Another Day ][ Etsy ][ Ko-fi ]

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle! | Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians. | Give 100% in all you do! Unless you're giving blood.
User avatar
AshenSkye
 
Posts: 282
Joined: May 1st, 2011, 10:46 am
Location: Appalachian Foothills

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby mitchellbravo » June 26th, 2019, 8:39 pm

I feel empty and shitty and the person closest to me has no idea and doesn't seem too concerned
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Image
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
User avatar
mitchellbravo
 
Posts: 6509
Joined: October 11th, 2010, 1:31 pm
Location: too tired

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby kevansevans » June 27th, 2019, 1:48 am

mitchellbravo wrote:I feel empty and shitty and the person closest to me has no idea and doesn't seem too concerned


Need to talk?
User avatar
kevansevans
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 11:59 pm

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby mitchellbravo » June 27th, 2019, 8:20 am

kevansevans wrote:
mitchellbravo wrote:I feel empty and shitty and the person closest to me has no idea and doesn't seem too concerned


Need to talk?

I'm ok now, but thanks. The middle of the night is a bad time to feel alone.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Image
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
User avatar
mitchellbravo
 
Posts: 6509
Joined: October 11th, 2010, 1:31 pm
Location: too tired

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests