Thoughts off the top of your head

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Thoughts off the top of your head

Postby jellyfishin » October 7th, 2019, 5:07 pm

KatsuTG wrote:
eishiya wrote:
KatsuTG wrote:I realized today not everyone puts their cereal on top of the fridge and I'm just weird

I keep opened cereal boxes in the fridge, how's that for weird?

That sounds like something that's cursed at first but I'd be lying if I said cold cereal didn't sound intriguing. Still weird though please stay 9 feet away

Try warm toasty cereal. I'm also a cereal-on-top-of-fridge person, but I put mine in near proximity of the steam radiator when the fridge top is occupied by cookies and crackers.
jellyfishin

Postby eishiya » October 7th, 2019, 5:22 pm

KatsuTG wrote:That sounds like something that's cursed at first but I'd be lying if I said cold cereal didn't sound intriguing. Still weird though please stay 9 feet away

Regardless of where it's kept I prefer it with cold milk (reheated milk tastes weird to me) so it's always cold anyway, keeping it in the fridge makes no difference.
The reason I keep it in the fridge isn't for the taste, it's because leaving an unsealable box out tends to attract ants after a while.
eishiya

Postby Gibson Twist » October 7th, 2019, 5:27 pm

I eat cereal dry, like nuts or popcorn.
Gibson Twist

Postby redandblack64 » October 7th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:I eat cereal dry, like nuts or popcorn.

I can't be the only one who prefers Reese's Puffs dry.
redandblack64

Postby KatsuTG » October 8th, 2019, 3:41 pm

redandblack64 wrote:

I can't be the only one who prefers Reese's Puffs dry.

You are not, I love that actually lmao
KatsuTG

Postby Vitotamito » October 15th, 2019, 3:44 pm

Even Captain Crunch? Because shit even with milk that stuff cuts up my mouth.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Mundius » October 15th, 2019, 9:26 pm

Finally cleaning up from the massive storm we had. So many trees have been just ripped out of the ground, partially blocking roads, this is the most devastation I've seen my city in.
Mundius

Postby maelstrom51210 » October 17th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Sometimes while I'm driving I start thinking about Scorpion King 3 and I smile. It's one of those movies where if someone were to describe the plot, it would sound like they're making it up. But it's real.
maelstrom51210

Postby jellyfishin » October 19th, 2019, 10:57 am

The superintendent of the building I live in is in the process of switching out to digital key locks, and the guy responsible for setting up the new digital key system immediately pegged me as having a science-related job. When asked how he knew, he said that he noticed that I started making notes on which serial ID key number is assigned to which person living in my apartment, and that the people in STEM fields were usually like that.

... Is note-taking really that obvious of a dead giveaway for people who have STEM jobs/careers?
jellyfishin

Postby Gibson Twist » October 19th, 2019, 11:40 am

Vitotamito wrote:

Even Captain Crunch? Because shit even with milk that stuff cuts up my mouth.

I said cereal, not insulation. Gross, Vito.

jellyfishin wrote:... Is note-taking really that obvious of a dead giveaway for people who have STEM jobs/careers?

It's a rare trait among people in general which is at the same time common in a small handful of fields. Maybe not a dead giveaway but a safe bet.
Gibson Twist

Postby mitchellbravo » October 20th, 2019, 4:56 pm

My characters Aggie and Tony could do an excellent Maggie and the Ferocious Beast cosplay.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby eishiya » October 21st, 2019, 8:10 am

Reminder that if any of y'all want to take the reigns on this year's Secret Santa, the time for it is/was this month xP
eishiya

Postby mitchellbravo » October 23rd, 2019, 8:03 pm

Does anyone else here have That One Actor/Actress that keeps showing up in things? Idk how better to explain it. Not like a regular actor that everybody knows, like you can't claim John Travolta as your person. Like somebody from a movie or TV show you randomly zoomed in on for some reason and have since found them in a bunch of other things you also watch.

I'll give some context. When I was a senior in high school, I watched the movie "The Sting" for the first time, which near immediately became my favorite movie (and still is, though you could argue it's tied with Beavis and Butthead Do America). It came into my life at a critical point when I was a little bit depressed and leaning kind of hard into media consumption. There was probably a month or two where I would watch all or part of the film every night before bed; for a while after, I would watch the entire film once per month, gradually extending the refraciton period between watching. As one does when one becomes hinged on a film like this, I became keenly aware of different details and extremely familiar with faces of actors and actresses playing supporting or small roles in the film. One of which was the actor James Sloyan, who appears in only the first 5 minutes of the movie as the first guy the main characters con. Despite now having not watched the movie in any part nor its entirety in a few years, I still remember most of his dialogue, including the line "I just made the world's easiest five grand!"

Well, for the first few years after this zeitgeist of Sting-obsession, that was all there was of actor James Sloyan in my life. But over time, he has since popped up in multiple other things I've had fervent but less religious obsessions with, such as episodes of Matlock and Murder She Wrote. I'm in the process now of rewatching the X Files series (I only ever made it partway through season 4 the first time) and last night caught him in a season 1 episode- I don't know if I didn't notice him the first time I watched it 4 years ago, though I don't know how I could have missed him- more likely I just forgot this questionably significant identification. He is easy to spot with his distinctive wide face, chin cleft, and eye/eyebrow configuration, but the excitement I feel when I've spotted him in something is shared by absolutely no one. It's like finding an easter egg at a passover seder. He never appears as the main protagonist in anythign I watch, and I think I prefer it that way- he slinks in as a strong supporting actor and then quietly leaves, off to his next gig. The X Files episode I watched last night was actually even more noteworthy as I think that was the most recent thing I've seen him in and therefore the oldest version of him I've identified. I wonder if the No Small Parts series has done an episode on him or if he even qualifies.

Well, that's my story about actor James Sloyan, and the strangeness of how ardently I thrill about his appearances in my media
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby jellyfishin » October 23rd, 2019, 10:07 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:Does anyone else here have That One Actor/Actress that keeps showing up in things? Idk how better to explain it. Not like a regular actor that everybody knows, like you can't claim John Travolta as your person. Like somebody from a movie or TV show you randomly zoomed in on for some reason and have since found them in a bunch of other things you also watch.

I have something similar with certain voice actors. Especially Patrick Warburton. He's best known for the voice of Kronk from "The Emperor's New Groove", but it's fun to spot his voice in other media where he plays the role of a minor character.
jellyfishin

Postby artofjoe » October 24th, 2019, 1:59 am

^ This happens to me ALL THE TIME!

When I'm watching cartoons I always hear Keith David somewhere, and recently I've noticed Karen Gillan in a bunch of stuff.
artofjoe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion