The Drunken Thread

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby lonk » August 2nd, 2011, 11:15 am

MacSimon wrote:I'll use this thread as an extension to say: What's your favorite alcoholic drink, folks?

On Argentina, beer's not really the most used way to get drunk. We use Fernet instead, mixed with lots of coca cola, because otherwise the taste is too strong.

I don't drink, but I use it some for cooking purposes; coq au vin, christmas brandy fruitcake, Baba au rhum....

djuedjfuwsdhc this is pure heaven
bricks wrote:my mother mentioned to my uncle that i would like horror manga for my bday....so he gives me horror manga.. aka horrible manga aka 2 vols of hetalia

Seven Rain wrote:Here, how about some more animals being d-Umm... Jerks.
lonk

Postby Nymine » August 2nd, 2011, 11:34 am

OHMAHGAW THOSE LOOK DIVINE.

I'm a glutton when it comes to good food. My grandma used to cook EVERYTHING good with rum. Rum balls, rum candies, rum cookies and rum cake. I don't know what they're called besides that and I think they were her own concoction but oh my GOD. The smell would knock you out and the taste would send you to heaven.
She also used to spice her windmill cookies with hazelnut liquor. Soooo much better than store bought.

As far as drinks go, I don't drink too often. I will with friends or via celebration(and on occasion to calm myself down after work but it has to be a really really bad work experience). And when that happens, I'm very boring and just go rum n' coke(if it's bad work though, typically a screwdriver {vodka and orange juice}). Has to be regular coke and cherry rum tho.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Snuffan » August 2nd, 2011, 11:59 am

Around here cider is the most popular thing to drink. Not because we like to get drunk, but because we like to pretend to get drunk. I guess vodka is the second favourite. People usually mix it with some soda. It tastes like hairspray.

But honestly, cider tastes like soda. Why did they put alcohol in soda? IT MAKES NO SENSE
Snuffan

Postby robybang » August 2nd, 2011, 12:11 pm

Snuffan wrote:Why did they put alcohol in soda? IT MAKES NO SENSE

Ask the people who created rum and coke and gin and tonic.
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby Nymine » August 2nd, 2011, 1:06 pm

Snuffan wrote: Why did they put alcohol in soda? IT MAKES NO SENSE

Why, because eggnog is seasonal of course!
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby H0lyhandgrenade » August 2nd, 2011, 4:02 pm

I was drunk... But now I'm just hungover, after just an hours ride back on the train... Oh man my heads killing me.
H0lyhandgrenade

Postby SuperBiasedMan » August 2nd, 2011, 4:12 pm

H0lyhandgrenade wrote:I was drunk... But now I'm just hungover, after just an hours ride back on the train... Oh man my heads killing me.

Drink is good for curing that.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Postby Snuffan » August 2nd, 2011, 4:14 pm

SuperBiasedMan wrote:
H0lyhandgrenade wrote:I was drunk... But now I'm just hungover, after just an hours ride back on the train... Oh man my heads killing me.

Oh SBM. Who would'vve guessed you're Irish?
Snuffan

Postby X4I » August 3rd, 2011, 2:13 pm

Snuffan wrote:
SuperBiasedMan wrote:

Oh SBM. Who would'vve guessed you're Irish?

Okay.. So i'm born in the Netherlands, raised a Dutch boy and am still living in Holland.. (gods we've got too many names for this mudhole!)
..and apparently, i think like an Irishman.
Honestly though, nom nom nom on a hair of the dog that bit you.. and you'll be right as rain..
..when you run into constable Badnews and his mate, constable Getcha Boot-In.

Honeslty, i'm a 10 right now. Don't ask no questions and i wont tell you too many lies..
Beer is an ugly thingy inna can wot's not generous when it comes to forgivvin the guzzly gullet.
Yeah shitty day and i drank till it stopped feeling all that..
..kinda ashamed of my self right about now, but meh. I'll have more opperational brain cells to regret this with in the morning.

Anyhoodies, the thingy with the alcahol in soda-pops.. It's all about gettin 'em young. I took marketing as a class (an upsetting, if not boring, one) and it all boils down to creating demand or creating fear.
All the others are doing it, so you fear being a "square"and thus decide to drink.. To help you along, the producers of "drink" will get you something that tastes ;ike rainbowdash just had a whizz on your tonsils.. That way you forgo the bad taste of it.. untill your hooked.
Thus bacardi breezers where born.

To be fair, they don't wanna keep you there, so alco-pops are seen as "for kids" (shift that demographic! SHIFT IT!) and thus encourages anyone drinking them to quickly proceed to the heavy stuff.. So as to avoid embarresment whilst embaresing one's self..
..i should know.. Have you read this post?

Anyhow.. enough drunken ranting from me, send in the grammar nazi's, so i can ignore them on grounds of having a pounding head.
Be sober at y'all later.

(honestly, sorry about writing all this nonsense and sorry for clicking "submit".. Even having written this last bit.. But hey, 10 outah 10 will get you this dumb..)
"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me."
Nathaniel Lee

X4I

Postby Vitotamito » August 4th, 2011, 2:42 am

I am so drunk right now, possible slurring my speech, yet somehow I'm still able to type well. I just won a game of beer pong in which I was stumbling drunk and I made almost every cup we hit except for two. I was disgusting. But yeah, I didn't eat anything tonight. SO I'm a bit... yeah... on a scale of 1 to drunk I'm drunk.

Please note that this is the first time I've been this drunk in... ohhhhh a full year.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby CaptainCricket » August 5th, 2011, 12:09 am

...WHY IS THERE NO TONIC IN MY HOUSE.

I could just go get some tonic but I'm trippin' some pretty severe balls on some benadryl. That is what I hate about benadryl. It clears my nose right up at the cost of turning me into a drooling zombie (who can apparently still type fine, if very very slowly).

...My dumb self DID, in fact, try a bit of the gin straight. HOLY CRAP THE BURN, worse than sambuca. Mmmm, sambuca. <3

...NEED TONIC
Also visit my other sites~
Hungry Robot: Mostly graphic novel and book reviews. Occasional other stuff.
Holden Has A Sketchbook: A dumping ground for art.
CaptainCricket

Postby Psikey » August 5th, 2011, 12:37 am

CaptainCricket wrote:...WHY IS THERE NO TONIC IN MY HOUSE.

I could just go get some tonic but I'm trippin' some pretty severe balls on some benadryl. That is what I hate about benadryl. It clears my nose right up at the cost of turning me into a drooling zombie (who can apparently still type fine, if very very slowly).

...My dumb self DID, in fact, try a bit of the gin straight. HOLY CRAP THE BURN, worse than sambuca. Mmmm, sambuca. <3

...NEED TONIC

Holy crap.
Benadryl is so trippy.
As a 12 year old boy, my allergies were KILLING me.
I took like 5 of them, because I didn't know any better and I didn't know they could get you high.
Bugs. Crawling all over my skin. Flying around, then disappearing. I looked at myself in the mirror in the middle of the night, and just stared at myself mindlessly for God knows how long.
Upside, music sounded awesome. But other than that, it was horrible. I don't see how people could abuse it for fun.
I had some really vivid dreams, too.
You might remember me as Kazuuu.
Psikey

Postby TCF » August 5th, 2011, 1:03 am

Does benadryl have that dxm stuff in it? When I was younger my friend told me we could get high off cough syrup which had dxm, so we had like half a bottle each and dayum did we get a high off it.
TCF

Postby CaptainCricket » August 5th, 2011, 1:46 am

To clarify, I am not abusing Benadryl, nor do I advocate doing so (you crazy kids).

My allergies were just through the roof today.
Also visit my other sites~
Hungry Robot: Mostly graphic novel and book reviews. Occasional other stuff.
Holden Has A Sketchbook: A dumping ground for art.
CaptainCricket

Postby Vitotamito » August 5th, 2011, 3:34 am

TCF wrote:Does benadryl have that dxm stuff in it? When I was younger my friend told me we could get high off cough syrup which had dxm, so we had like half a bottle each and dayum did we get a high off it.

My friend used to down Robitussin like it was gatorade and get super trippy. In fact, we lost states in Odyssey of the Mind for that very reason. Never done it myself.

Bugs. Crawling all over my skin. Flying around, then disappearing. I looked at myself in the mirror in the middle of the night, and just stared at myself mindlessly for God knows how long.
Upside, music sounded awesome. But other than that, it was horrible. I don't see how people could abuse it for fun.
I had some really vivid dreams, too.

Bud, I think you just described why drugs are fun perfectly. NOT THAT I AM ADVOCATING THEM IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. I'm just saying, hallucinating and listening to music and eating food is waaaay better when you've been doing something before hand. I'M NOT ADVOCATING INGESTING GROUND UP MORNING GLORY SEEDS either, because it's actually very dangerous and makes you sick as a dog for like an hour, but that's some powerful stuff there. I was in the shower singing a song about how I was "Froggy McFrogerson, Attorney at Law" for a half hour and then my roommates let me cook. Why oh why did I bet my roommates that the seeds wouldn't do anything to me? But overall? Best birthday ever. I REPEAT, I'M NOT ADVOCATING ANYTHING HERE.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion