Picking a High School

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Picking a High School

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2012, 10:58 pm

Ok. I have been having some trouble lately. My mom wants me to pick a Highschool by the end of this weekend. It's either the School my Mom teaches at, which I don't know anything about which means I can start fresh; or the school my sister goes to where I hear there is a fight atleast once a week, but I might reunite with an old friend who had to go to a different school because of school zones but she might go to my sister's school, but if she dosen't it will be going back to the torture of something from my past. So which one do I choose? Please help.

The Story of my Past:
Spoiler! :
One day back in the fourth grade me and this jerk pretending to be my friend were hanging in the back of this weird game of soccer(?) outside when he asked me if I had a crush on anyone. It was the fourth grade and I was getting into girls so I thought that my best friend would make a good girl friend. Then the next day jerk face started up a rumor that we were dating. And then weird things started happening, really weird things, and one thing just made it bigger than I could imagine.

Conspiracy Time!

Chart Conspiracy:
[spoiler]One year ago I put something together. A small chart of what happened. So here is what happened in it: Jerkface like my best friend -> Jerkface finds me as barrier between me and her -> Jerface starts rumor -> Jerkface starts dating Best Friend's best friend -> Me and Best Friend begin coming up with ideas to stop it -> I tell Best Friend about Jerkface's plan -> Jerkface dumps Friend's Best Friend and askes out Best friend -> Best Friend turnes Down Jerkface -> Jerkface begins torturing me threought Middle School

You're gonna go Far Kid Conspiracy:
Spoiler! :
Ok, this may sound Paranoid but about a Month after it all began The Offspring produced their song "You're gonna go far kid". What if it was based off of it. I mean look at the lines!

And turning all against the one is an art that’s hard to teach

Another clever word sets off an unsuspecting herd

And as you step back in the line a mob jumps to their feet

Hiding himself in the crowd as the whole world turns against me.

With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
Hit ‘em right between the eyes
Hit ‘em right between the eyes

Bringing it out, adding to the rumor, and hiding it from himself.

So play it out I’m wide awake
It’s a scene about me
There’s something in your way
And now someone is gonna pay
And if you can’t get what you want
Well it’s all because of me

Continuously attacking me with this crap.

I just don't know how it is so similar.
[/spoiler]

Re: Picking a High School

Postby kite-lupine-aquila » January 7th, 2012, 11:40 pm

In all honesty, there will be drama at ANY High School, you should be focussing on your education when choosing a high school, not just your social life. High School is hard, it's like some cruel initiation into adulthood. But it will also hold some of the best times of your life. Just pick a school based on how it will fit with your education. Your social life will fall into place later, but as a heads up, kids of teachers in most, but not all, just most, cases don't do so great in their parent's school.

'Fly' is a fantasy-winged-wolf comic that follows the journey of an outcasted young pup named Alita.
kite-lupine-aquila

Postby Maiden-Mae » February 25th, 2012, 1:50 am

kite-lupine-aquila wrote:In all honesty, there will be drama at ANY High School, you should be focussing on your education when choosing a high school, not just your social life. High School is hard, it's like some cruel initiation into adulthood. But it will also hold some of the best times of your life. Just pick a school based on how it will fit with your education. Your social life will fall into place later, but as a heads up, kids of teachers in most, but not all, just most, cases don't do so great in their parent's school.

I totally agree with this statement and can add personal experience to the whole child/relative of the teacher. There is a whole separate big reputation drama you gotta deal with at school and at home. It'll clash more with your personal life, but if you're someone the teach'll be proud of then you've got no worries. In any case, if you're like, in my area of similarities, why don't you find a school you feel suited too. Like, I only picked out the school I was going into because it was heavy on the arts and business courses as long as it was in the district it was fine. Don't know what your situation is, but if you can pick and choose your high school it'll help you to whatever uni/college you want to go into.
Maiden-Mae

Postby desideraht » February 25th, 2012, 2:02 am

4th graders "dating"? Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this?

Anyway, you should pick the school based on:
1) Curriculum
2) Facilities
3) Safety
4) Activities
5) Opportunities

3 meaning... well if fights break out every week at that other school, I would likely avoid it. Sounds trashy. Just my opinion. I wouldn't worry about people drama. You'll get that no matter what school you go to. Worry about the things that a school can actually effect.
My original manga is indefinitely on hiatus (sorry!).
It is going to be gutted and restarted because I started it prematurely.
desideraht

Postby Guest » February 26th, 2012, 3:00 am

I went to a high school where I knew a total of two people, because the academics were better. I got away from the people who had been making my life miserable, and while, of course, I didn't get along with everyone, I made a small, very wonderful group of friends who are still friends with me to this day. My two cents.

Postby Xinea » February 26th, 2012, 3:21 am

Personally I think the whole weekly fight thing is kind of moot. Before I went to the school I'm at currently, my friends from my previous school would joke that I was going to get shot/stabbed whatever. And yeah, fights are more common than is ideal, but if you work on getting into advanced classes, get to know and hang out with the right crowd, you can pretty much avoid the fights altogether. If the school is big enough, you probably won't even be near the fighting except by being at the edge of the crowd watching if that's what you want. And part of high school is taking some of your first steps into independence. I don't think it'll be easy to take those steps if your mother is that close.
Xinea

Return to Life Issues