Tell me if I should leave SJ.

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Tell me if I should leave SJ.

Postby mitchellbravo » June 12th, 2012, 3:15 pm

elrotram wrote:Sorry, I got confused by dates and whatnot. I give up.

oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby elrotram » June 12th, 2012, 9:39 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:
elrotram wrote:Sorry, I got confused by dates and whatnot. I give up.

elrotram

Postby KirbyHead » June 14th, 2012, 5:41 pm

Applekai13 wrote:@mitchell

It was mainly a bunch of religious talky stuff. If you don't frequent those forums, then you prolly didn't notice it :(

I found that odd, since even though people in the religious thread disagreed, they weren't really extremely vehement "I HATE YOU" words or anything. I feel like if you're going to get into a debate with people about religion on the internet, you're bound to get differing opinions, and you might get things that get pretty heated. SJ seems pretty tame when it comes to that. I don't think anybody who had opposing views was actually angry desideraht themselves, and was really focusing on debating their opinion, but maybe they felt that anyway? Which is a shame: I'm sure most of the people with differing opinions with them would say to them, if given the chance: "I'm not pissed at you personally. I just don't agree with you, and maybe it's better for us to avoid discussing this topic with each other in the future." Hell, I have lots of disagreements with some of my closest friends that end this way.
KirbyHead

Postby robybang » June 14th, 2012, 5:51 pm

KirbyHead wrote:I'm sure most of the people with differing opinions with them would say to them, if given the chance: "I'm not pissed at you personally. I just don't agree with you, and maybe it's better for us to avoid discussing this topic with each other in the future." Hell, I have lots of disagreements with some of my closest friends that end this way.

This. Despite anything I may have said to him in debates, I never attacked him personally for holding opinions I may have disagreed with. The thing is that he rarely partook in the breezy, silly conversations the forums have. I can see how he would get the impression that he was out of the loop since the conversations he took part in the most were hot button topics like religion and politics, which are inherently antagonistic.
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby Guest » June 14th, 2012, 6:18 pm

From what I saw, there appeared to be pretty reasonable discussion and debate; it even seemed to kind of drift off onto a happier note, I believe?
But yeah, jumping in on really controversial discussion generally isn't...the recommended way to integrate. Even though there weren't really any antagonism or bitter words (I think?), debating with people over such issues that one may feel really strongly about might not yield the most pleasant feelings.

The silly stuff is the best!

Postby YakkitySax » June 15th, 2012, 10:08 pm

I think this is done, guys.
I love you, spam bots.
jan83fry wrote:It's my pleasure to get an opportunity to discuss in this reputed forum. I love seeing people thrive online. It's such a great opportunity I have today.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Previous

Return to Life Issues