Tell me if I should leave SJ.

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Tell me if I should leave SJ.

Postby YakkitySax » February 29th, 2012, 5:37 am

desideraht wrote:That would be nice. I am so used to religious people being intolerant, manipulative, and just... overall underestimating my intelligence due to who I am. It's very unkind. The people here seem nice, though. I've only had a couple people say off-putting things about transsexuality, and it was due to ignorance, not religion.

Dicks are just so welcoming. :lol:

I don't think we've ever had a transsexual (at least, not anyone who spoke up about it) on our forums before? We have everyone else on the LGBT spectrum, though. That explains the ignorance, anyway. We're all happy to learn from our accidental mistakes, though.

They're also better looking than vagina's in my opinion and I like girly bits.
I love you, spam bots.
jan83fry wrote:It's my pleasure to get an opportunity to discuss in this reputed forum. I love seeing people thrive online. It's such a great opportunity I have today.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby desideraht » February 29th, 2012, 5:40 am

YakkitySax wrote:
desideraht wrote:That would be nice. I am so used to religious people being intolerant, manipulative, and just... overall underestimating my intelligence due to who I am. It's very unkind. The people here seem nice, though. I've only had a couple people say off-putting things about transsexuality, and it was due to ignorance, not religion.

Dicks are just so welcoming. :lol:

I don't think we've ever had a transsexual (at least, not anyone who spoke up about it) on our forums before? We have everyone else on the LGBT spectrum, though. That explains the ignorance, anyway. We're all happy to learn from our accidental mistakes, though.

They're also better looking than vagina's in my opinion and I like girly bits.
Oops, just popped this forum's tranny cherry. >.> :lol:
I will answer any questions you all may have. *expressionless and patient* LOL.

HAHAHA, personally I find all human anatomy nothing short of interesting... I'm bisexual and don't have a strong preference either way, though I must admit I am just utterly fascinated with my boyfriends penis, LOL!! And envious. >.>; Alas, it is the fate of a trans man.
My original manga is indefinitely on hiatus (sorry!).
It is going to be gutted and restarted because I started it prematurely.
desideraht

Postby YakkitySax » February 29th, 2012, 5:53 am

Is it true that transsexuals have night vision? -tests that patience- (No, seriously, this comes from someone asking if people with dwarfism had night vision. I laughed way too hard.)

Oh no, I adore the human form. It's one of my favorite things to study. I still think that some girls honestly got the short end of the stick with the whole.. appearance of everything. And don't worry, someday you will have an amazing, glorious penis to share with the world, because honestly, medically, I think we're getting close to ones that are actually functional (without the use of pumps) and not just aesthetic. It'll be pretty cool the day that happens. I know we'll have fellas that waited for an operation rushing to get it done.

EDIT: In addition, I just want to say that I have a very close friend who is trans, who stated that he didn't want to get an operation because he didn't want to have something that didn't work naturally. Also sorry if any of my joking offends you. I like to joke with everyone.
I love you, spam bots.
jan83fry wrote:It's my pleasure to get an opportunity to discuss in this reputed forum. I love seeing people thrive online. It's such a great opportunity I have today.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby desideraht » February 29th, 2012, 6:21 am

YakkitySax wrote:Is it true that transsexuals have night vision? -tests that patience- (No, seriously, this comes from someone asking if people with dwarfism had night vision. I laughed way too hard.)

Oh no, I adore the human form. It's one of my favorite things to study. I still think that some girls honestly got the short end of the stick with the whole.. appearance of everything. And don't worry, someday you will have an amazing, glorious penis to share with the world, because honestly, medically, I think we're getting close to ones that are actually functional (without the use of pumps) and not just aesthetic. It'll be pretty cool the day that happens. I know we'll have fellas that waited for an operation rushing to get it done.

EDIT: In addition, I just want to say that I have a very close friend who is trans, who stated that he didn't want to get an operation because he didn't want to have something that didn't work naturally. Also sorry if any of my joking offends you. I like to joke with everyone.
I LOL'D! Dwarfism = Night Vision-- WTF??? :lol: That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Aye... I have a ridiculous love for the male form in general. Toned, but not overly large muscles. My BF is a great example... Skinny but his muscles are well defined. Yummy yum yum. That's all I can say. Hahaha. But... I do find women superior in beauty. Their faces can simply be so gorgeous. They have nicer hands, legs, and necklines, usually. But I find men sexier. Women defeat men in beauty... I think men generally beat women in sex appeal, though! Haha, that's ok, the man is supposed to please the woman's desires. Men just want mates already... I think a woman needs something better to look at, generally. ;) HA! This is all just generally speaking, though. You and I know both know we all come in all shapes, sizes, and preferences.

I really want a medically, biologically real penis. It demands the legalization and implementation of stem cell research. It is absolutely possible, but unethical to many. The "sacrifice" of an already aborted fetus could change my life forever. Just a few stem cells... I am hoping we can learn to harvest stem cells from adult patients so I could just use some of my own... but fetal stem cells are far more effective. I just think instead of throwing aborted fetuses away, we could use their stem cells to change/save lives. At present, they are literally thrown away as biological waste. Only a waste because it is "unethical" to make their deaths have meaning! Oh, the strange ethics people have... Aborted fetuses should all contribute to stem cell medicine. Those stem cells can regenerate damaged and lost organs, even restore sight to the blind!

Anyway... :lol:

I agree with your friend. For the same reason, I will not have genital surgery. Only chest surgery. Until then, we will be hoping. Fortunately, I don't mind vaginal sex, so it all works out... :lol: A small part of me worries... I could miss vaginal sex very much. It's so intimate. I feel no closer with my partner than when we make love this way. Other kinds of sex just don't feel the same... I may be unwilling to give up that closeness... But I might feel that way if I had a penis and were going the other way around, too. Part of me really wishes I could top him properly (without toys, that is). I know he'd like it, lol!

LOL SO MUCH TMI HERE. Well I am quite the open book... Also, there aren't many jokes that bug me. I only worry when it's clearly... transphobic rather than just good fun. I'll let you know if something rubs me the wrong way. I don't think you'll make that mistake since you have a dear friend who is taking the same path as I...
desideraht

Postby YakkitySax » February 29th, 2012, 6:31 am

Just remember to keep the TMI to PG-13 ya'll. (Or NSFW brackets or something. Whatever floats your boat.)

Actually, what's really cool is that we're currently able to grow a fully functional rabbit penis and surgically attach it to the rabbit. I mean, it isn't human, but that's pretty darn close to what we're going over. As far as I've read they can only duplicate the original organ using cells from it, but I'm sure we would be able to find suitable donors so that transsexuals can get in on the surgical procedure as well.

And with the joking you never know. My friend and I joke about the weirdest things, but some people might find it offensive.. Then again people find just about anything offensive so I just like to have my bases covered.
I love you, spam bots.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby desideraht » February 29th, 2012, 6:38 am

YakkitySax wrote:Just remember to keep the TMI to PG-13 ya'll. (Or NSFW brackets or something. Whatever floats your boat.)

Actually, what's really cool is that we're currently able to grow a fully functional rabbit penis and surgically attach it to the rabbit. I mean, it isn't human, but that's pretty darn close to what we're going over. As far as I've read they can only duplicate the original organ using cells from it, but I'm sure we would be able to find suitable donors so that transsexuals can get in on the surgical procedure as well.

And with the joking you never know. My friend and I joke about the weirdest things, but some people might find it offensive.. Then again people find just about anything offensive so I just like to have my bases covered.
Ooooh, will keep this in mind. Oh dear, that reminds me all too much of another forum I used to be on. The PG-13 rule was one I unintentionally broke frequently. At least we can use brackets here.

Oh, it's better than that. I heard they grew it right on the rabbit... and that the rabbit could produce sperm of it's own DNA. The only catch is that with humans we could only produce daughters as we would lack the essential male chromosome (Y) in our gametes... They would certainly all result in XX. The only way we can have sons is if they're transgender! :lol: Stem cells have the incredible ability to become absolutely anything, which is why they are so incredibly valuable. The idea is that we would use genetic data from our own bodies but tell it to grow male instead of female. It's a rather simple chemical instruction in the development process of a fetus. We could likely perfectly mimic this with artificial chemical messengers (or perhaps borrow some from a genetic male).

Generally I am not easy to offend... it is when one imposes, or presumes certain things... Such as trans people "inauthentic" men/women. That is utterly ridiculous. We are not "fake"... we are just a different variety. I will, however, never claim to be more than an artificial male. At present, however, I am not quite male nor female. I can deal with that. It's closer to my correct sex than what I started out with.
desideraht

Postby Elastikid » February 29th, 2012, 8:01 pm

I don't have the time to read through all ten pages of this but I'll leave a few words.

One of the reasons I have found this forum and website in general to be a nice place is because everyone is so accepting. Even if you have wildly differing opinions or beliefs or lifestyles, whatever it may be. People don't give you shit about it, generally. I have been to other forums like this as well, but I keep coming back to SJ because it actually gets a significant amount of traffic. Usually the only way to keep "civil" discussions is to limit it to a group of about 60 people on a forum, and I have been to places like that. You eventually get to know everyone's personality inside and out and it's no fun anymore. Here at least we get a large amount of new members.

I am personally an atheist as well and have posted at length about it (as I tend to do with everything else) but have never been attacked, so maybe you are going about it wrong?

Just looking at your profile, it looks like you have only been here for a month. People probably haven't gotten to know who you are that well. Though you have accumulated a lot of posts, (about 10 per day :o ) it looks like most of them have been in the "Life issues" section. That's OK, but it means that people don't get to see your lighter side as much. I usually post all over the place but I personally have only seen your posts a few times, usually in controversial threads.

Try posting more in Forum games or Music or TV/Movies or something. People find it a lot easier to respectfully disagree with someone that they shoot the shit with on a regular basis. Whereas if the first time someone sees you post they think you are (in their minds, I won't speak to reality) ripping their personal beliefs to shreds, they find it much easier to respond in kind instead of treating you like a friend they are simply having a discussion with.

So yeah, that's my advice. You don't need to quit SJ. You don't need to stop posting in controversial issues altogether. You just need to cut it back, and temper it with some more light-hearted banter. ;)
Elastikid

Postby X4I » February 29th, 2012, 10:47 pm

My quick two cents:
Desideraht, please don't go anywhere. The more posts I read by you, the more I look forward to reading more of them.

I won't go into my personal experiences too much, but I know all too well that when one is attacked often enough, one will see it coming even where it isn't.
It's a perfectly natural response to bad experiences in the past. And, rather than fight or flee in blind rage or terror, it takes a truck load of courage to risk more bad ones in search of the good.
Yet it seems to me, that is exactly what you did with this thread.
I salute you for that.
(IMHO you win internets, +1 effective against the dreaded drama-llama ;-p )

Okay, that was my two cents..

..now onto the rabbit penis and gamete production news:
I came back here to post the above part of this blurb, but: Mind Blown!
WOW! That is awesome! Even if there is the XX only limitation, that is world flipping science win.
Do you folks have any idea where this was achieved? I'd love to find the publication of these results.
"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me."
Nathaniel Lee

X4I

Postby YakkitySax » February 29th, 2012, 11:05 pm

National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 106 No. 45, November 9, 2009

And a rundown of everything is here:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/ ... gineering/
I love you, spam bots.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby X4I » March 1st, 2012, 3:38 am

YAY! KTHXBAI!!
-dust trail stretches towards distant horizon-
(but for reals, thank you for giving my inner nerd something to geek out about, i'm going to enjoy reading that.)
"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me."
Nathaniel Lee

X4I

Postby kite-lupine-aquila » March 1st, 2012, 3:43 pm

YakkitySax wrote:I still think that some girls honestly got the short end of the stick with the whole.. appearance of everything.

-is visually lesbian, yet sexually straight- What I mean is, I ADORE the female figure and body and all that and find that MUCH more appealing than the male anatomy, yet I am completely straight... It's like my eyes are lesbian, but the rest of me isn't... I find this interesting. I find it even more interesting when you say the same for you when you like "girly bits" (eeeheehee! X3) Anyway, thought I'd jump in and be like "co-co-co-CONNECTION!" :'D

'Fly' is a fantasy-winged-wolf comic that follows the journey of an outcasted young pup named Alita.
kite-lupine-aquila

Postby Guest » March 1st, 2012, 9:30 pm

kite-lupine-aquila wrote:
YakkitySax wrote:I still think that some girls honestly got the short end of the stick with the whole.. appearance of everything.

-is visually lesbian, yet sexually straight- What I mean is, I ADORE the female figure and body and all that and find that MUCH more appealing than the male anatomy, yet I am completely straight... It's like my eyes are lesbian, but the rest of me isn't... I find this interesting. I find it even more interesting when you say the same for you when you like "girly bits" (eeeheehee! X3) Anyway, thought I'd jump in and be like "co-co-co-CONNECTION!" :'D

I still don't even understand what was meant by "some girls get the short end of the stick with the appearance of everything" O_o But, one of my best friends is a straight girl who loves the female form but still has no desire to actually get physical with women. (I'm not straight so I can't comment personally xD)

Postby YakkitySax » March 1st, 2012, 11:41 pm

karaokepriestess wrote:I still don't even understand what was meant by "some girls get the short end of the stick with the appearance of everything"

And we're keeping it that way.
I love you, spam bots.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby Guest » March 2nd, 2012, 1:17 am

YakkitySax wrote:
karaokepriestess wrote:I still don't even understand what was meant by "some girls get the short end of the stick with the appearance of everything"

And we're keeping it that way.

I guess I've just never run across that... problem... xD

Postby adrilahan » March 13th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Please don't leave me here, desideraht! It's nice being able to talk to someone who understands me and my issues with being biologically female instead of biologically male. If I've insulted you with some of my replies on religion, I'm sorry. I don't think I have? But, the point is, if I have, it wasn't meant to be insulting, it was meant jokingly, I just happen to be the kind of person who surrounds themself* with people who are coarse of personality sometimes.

*mini rant about this subject on its way to the rant thread now.
adrilahan

PreviousNext

Return to Life Issues