Tell me if I should leave SJ.

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Tell me if I should leave SJ.

Postby desideraht » March 16th, 2012, 1:10 pm

adrilahan wrote:Please don't leave me here, desideraht! It's nice being able to talk to someone who understands me and my issues with being biologically female instead of biologically male. If I've insulted you with some of my replies on religion, I'm sorry. I don't think I have? But, the point is, if I have, it wasn't meant to be insulting, it was meant jokingly, I just happen to be the kind of person who surrounds themself* with people who are coarse of personality sometimes.

*mini rant about this subject on its way to the rant thread now.
I decided not to leave but I've been on a lot less because I'm so busy. TwT
My original manga is indefinitely on hiatus (sorry!).
It is going to be gutted and restarted because I started it prematurely.
desideraht

Postby HalfAssedChaos » March 16th, 2012, 2:27 pm

Very interesting thread, I learned quite a bit about a lot of people just reading through different responses and I found it quite interesting what everyone had to say. (No insults here) It reminded me of Highschool. :P

Anyway I guess I'll throw in my two cents, from what I read it just seems like there is a lot of miscommunication/misreading that is not only leading to confusion but to anger. This is incredibly common on forums because it is difficult to convey intonation through text, not to mention the incredibly wide range of unfamiliar faces. It seems like very other post was something along the lines of "No I didn't mean it this way, I meant it thiiiis way." Then I was all like, ooooooooh.

:P

This is simply that something happens online, and in real life. Personalities clash, its what happens when people come together. People have differing ideologies that others don't hold and some who hold them so dear that they get insulted at the simplest slight against it or suggestion its wrong. But its these things that make everyone unique, and without this sort of stuff life would be incredibly boring. Des, I do see a lot of anger in your words and personally I feel that you get easily worked up over little things people post, but what I also see is a passion in your convictions. I'm not going to hold your use of swears against you, fuck I love swearing more then any other shithead asshat I know....yeah I just wanted to comment on that so I could throw in some swears.

I think I'm just rambling so I'll try to wrap things up. Live and let live, it's a hard philosophy to live by and of course there are some situations where it isn't relevent, but its a decent thing to keep in the back of ones mind. (Also I'm not saying that to you directly, but to everyone in general).

Finally on a bit of a personal note, and I'm not sure if this was touched on or not as I skimmed through parts of the thread. But something that stuck out to me is that you said you were feeling overly emotional and easy to anger lately, and I'm really sorry to hear that. If it's something that's really causing you troubles then please talk to someone about it, I'm not speaking necesarrily of a therapist or anything like that, but even just close friends or family that may be able to give you advice. A lot of us have gone through similar situations, and it sucks, but it certainly helps to talk things out.

I apologize for any spelling errors and other crap, I'm in a bit of a hurry. Hope all goes well everyone!
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby cheezNH » June 11th, 2012, 1:02 am

"Tell me if I should leave SJ."

that title alone tells me that you're only posting here because you want confirmation of what you think and not what it really is.
you're akin to people who post on online threads about their cat barfing after eating random poisonous household chemicals, asking for advice, only to decide that it's not that big of a deal after all.
or, you just want people to fawn over you and go, "PLEASE DON'T LEAVE SJ OMG."

grow some fawking balls. stand by your work. you put so much effort in it already. back that sh*t up and OWN IT.
cheezNH

Postby blankd » June 11th, 2012, 1:13 am

cheezNH wrote:"Tell me if I should leave SJ."

that title alone tells me that you're only posting here because you want confirmation of what you think and not what it really is.
you're akin to people who post on online threads about their cat barfing after eating random poisonous household chemicals, asking for advice, only to decide that it's not that big of a deal after all.

grow some fawking balls. stand by your work. you put so much effort in it already. back that sh*t up and OWN IT.

Er, hate to be a bearer of late(?) news buuuut, this sorta happened already.
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby elrotram » June 12th, 2012, 2:31 am

blankd wrote:

But then he had a change of heart and it was like a Christmas musical! Or something.
desideraht wrote:I decided not to leave but I've been on a lot less because I'm so busy. TwT
elrotram

Postby mitchellbravo » June 12th, 2012, 9:13 am

elrotram wrote:
blankd wrote:

But then he had a change of heart and it was like a Christmas musical! Or something.
desideraht wrote:I decided not to leave but I've been on a lot less because I'm so busy. TwT

Yeah, but the one you quoted was from mid-March, the one blankd quoted was from June 3.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Guest » June 12th, 2012, 10:52 am

In light of their last post and dA journal from five days ago, I'm pretty sure they're unfortunately not planning on returning to SJ.

Postby Applekai13 » June 12th, 2012, 11:19 am

What is his DA?

I'm watching you..... so you better not steal my cookie.

Check out my SKETCHBOOK! -> AppleKai's Sketchbook
Applekai13

Postby Guest » June 12th, 2012, 11:37 am

Applekai13 wrote:What is his DA?

It's the same as his SJ username, actually!

Postby Applekai13 » June 12th, 2012, 11:43 am

Thanks! :)

Applekai13

Postby mitchellbravo » June 12th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Erdgeist wrote:In light of their last post and dA journal from five days ago, I'm pretty sure they're unfortunately not planning on returning to SJ.

Did I miss the criticisms that took place here? I don't remember seeing anybody rip into Des's work in a way that was cruel. Was I being dense?
mitchellbravo

Postby Applekai13 » June 12th, 2012, 12:13 pm

@mitchell

It was mainly a bunch of religious talky stuff. If you don't frequent those forums, then you prolly didn't notice it :(

Applekai13

Postby Guest » June 12th, 2012, 12:16 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:
Erdgeist wrote:In light of their last post and dA journal from five days ago, I'm pretty sure they're unfortunately not planning on returning to SJ.

Did I miss the criticisms that took place here? I don't remember seeing anybody rip into Des's work in a way that was cruel. Was I being dense?

I think some critiques may have come across as being harshly-worded, but I don't think I recall anyone specifically harassing him or trying to being rude/cruel? I got back into the community a little late in the game, though, so I probably wasn't there for most of it.

Postby mitchellbravo » June 12th, 2012, 12:21 pm

Applekai13 wrote:@mitchell

It was mainly a bunch of religious talky stuff. If you don't frequent those forums, then you prolly didn't notice it :(

Oh, no I was there for the religious thing. I accidentally started the religious thing. I thought he meant critiques of his art. :/

I was uncomfortable in the religion thread, so I stopped reading that thread. A shame he couldn't have done the same, as I feel like one issue is kind of a strange reason to leave a community.

Well, it's over either way. I'm sorry he never felt like he fit in. I thought he was doing just fine. Not everyone on the forum is overly demonstrative in their affections for one another and it takes a while to kind of seep into the community, and maybe he didn't feel like waiting through the initial phase of wondering if you're accepted by the group.

Erdgeist wrote:
mitchellbravo wrote:

I think some critiques may have come across as being harshly-worded, but I don't think I recall anyone specifically harassing him or trying to being rude/cruel? I got back into the community a little late in the game, though, so I probably wasn't there for most of it.

Okay, sounds like a thing. Unfortunately that's the nature of crituqes, critics don't always take the effort to word their reviews as nicely as possible. I've seen some really harsh critiques in my time, but never saw any toward Des. I hope he'll get stronger about being able to take criticism in the future, because it's a good skill to have.

Alright, I feel kind of gossipy now still talking about a person who isn't here to give their side. But thanks you two for clearing up my confusion.

IRRELEVANT EDIT: omg my post count is 1337 i'm so damn cool
mitchellbravo

Postby elrotram » June 12th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Sorry, I got confused by dates and whatnot. I give up.
elrotram

PreviousNext

Return to Life Issues