Feeling so sick when waking up

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Feeling so sick when waking up

Postby mitchellbravo » March 5th, 2012, 2:00 pm

This sucks. I've been having a problem where I'll wake up and feel like I'm melting in my own skin, and so dizzy I can't sit up or even roll around too much. I thought it was related to sinus things so I've been taking decongestants which have been helping a little bit, but then today it was so bad I couldn't do anyhting but lie there longer even though I really wanted to get up and do things.

I'm so sensitive to temperatures, or parts of me will be freezing cold while others are boiling, and when I ask a family member to feel how warm my arm is or whatever, my skin feels normal temperature ot them (maybe even a little cool) despite the fact that I'm sweating.

It was so bad this morning, I just sat up to go reach for like my glasses or somethign and felt so dizzy I almost threw up. Like when you get off of a spinning thing and your eyes keep moving in the spinning direction. I had that from fucking sitting up in my bed.

It doesn't seem to be related to the actual temperature in my room over the course of the night, as there are days when it's cold and i get this, and days when it's warm and I get this. Doesn't matter whether I'm at school, at home, or at someone else's house, so I don't think it's environmental. And it doesn't seem to be related to diet as far as I can tell. I also don't feel like it's hormone-related; I get hot flashes during times of the month but that's a separate issue and usually when I get that it isn't acompanied by the painful dizziness.

Our family friend suggested that it's probably related to my inner ear, which makes a lot of sense. She's going to be stopping in on Thursday to visit anyway so she said she'd help me then. I'm glad that she's coming, but at the same time Thursday is so far away :(

on the bright side if it is inner ear related, maybe that will explain why I am so prone to getting severely carsick so easily, and maybe the exercise she helps me do will help to eliminate that. I just hate wakig up like this and losing productive hours out of my day. I was going to buy a new pair of sneakers today, but I guess I'm going to have to wait.

eeuurgh
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Re: Feeling so sick when waking up

Postby Nikkinoodles » March 5th, 2012, 2:26 pm

I think maybe you should definately see a doctor about this. It can't be good that you're barely able to get out of bed. If it is a sinus thing they should be able to give you steriods for it (my gran has a sinus issue) and if it's an inner ear thing then they can give you something else. At the least the doctor would be able to put you on the right line for sorting it out if it's lifestyle related.
Eishiya said: wrote:groin attacks build character

Muh blog
Nikkinoodles

Postby mitchellbravo » March 5th, 2012, 3:47 pm

I think you're right, Nikki.

I did some looking into it and if I would hazard to guess, it looks like I'm dealing with something called "Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo" caused by disruption of stuff in the inner ear. I got a lot of ear infections when I was little, so perhaps they laid the foundation for such a condition. On the bright side it looks like, if that's what I'm dealing with, there are some fairly straightfowrad treamtents that can help.

Oy. Wish me luck!
mitchellbravo

Postby Nikkinoodles » March 22nd, 2012, 5:04 pm

Just a quick wondering but did you get this sorted out or at least diagnosed and treated?

Muh blog
Nikkinoodles

Postby mitchellbravo » March 22nd, 2012, 5:52 pm

I'm going to see a doctor about it probably after I graduate in May, once I'm home and can breathe :) For now, it's ... like.. okay? I guess? I still get the warmness but haven't had the paralyzing dizziness for a while, knock on wood. One strange thing that helps a bit is if I pick a stationary object to look at while rocking back and forth for about half a minute. I did that a few times one day and haven't had any problems since :| (In the privacy of my own room, of course, I imagine out in the grand world that would get me some weird looks). Thanks for checking up on me :)
mitchellbravo

Postby Nikkinoodles » March 22nd, 2012, 6:22 pm

Well at least you've found something to help for now. Who knows it might have had something to do with it being winter or some other random weather/season/nature related weirdness. I know I get killer headaches when the pressure changes too quickly and they go once it starts raining.
I still say go to the doctors as soon as possible or possibly a walk in center (although I'm not sure if they have those outside of the UK...)

Muh blog
Nikkinoodles

Return to Life Issues