Last night

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Last night

Postby Sonic-ock » March 22nd, 2012, 3:57 pm

Last night I mentioned that I was involved in an accident. Well, it was actually a major accident with two other vehicles involved. I was on lunch break and was headed back to work, there's only about two miles of highway between my work and this truck stop I was leaving. Everything happened so quickly, there was a head on collision, a car in my lane and one trying to cut across from the other side. There was in my lane between me and one of the ones that hit. The car in front of me managed to swerve and avoid the wreck, but all I could see was smoke. at the last minute I saw the vehicle in front of me, a silver Camry, I tried to break and swerve but it was too late, I clipped the rear end with my truck. I pulled to stop, my front end was smashed but the damage wasn't so much that I couldn't get out. I went to the Camry and saw that the driver was bleeding. He seemed responsive and I asked if he was ok, he asked if I could get the door open, but it was wedged. His airbags had deployed and I couldn't see into the passenger seat, but other witnesses advised me that his wife was there and that she was not responding clearly. I was also advised that the drive of the other vehicle was entirely unresponsive. I stuck around to respond to police and answer any questions I could. After filling out an affidavit I had found out that someone from my unit, I'm a corrections officer, had come to check on the accident. A traffic sergeant advised me that the other three individuals had suffered fatal injuries as result of the initial collision and that my involvement was minor and would have had no effect on the survival of those individuals either way. Everyone I spoke to that night assured me that my involvement had nothing to do with fatalities and that there was nothing I could have done and that the ages of the victims who were all senior citizens was a contributing factor in both the cause and the result of accident. I still feel so horrible, I witnessed these events almost in their entirety, I spoke to one the deceased, even at the time it was only apparent that he was injured, and I was completely undamaged aside from my vehicle. It was very difficult to type this, but I did want to clarify the situation and express my feelings. My heart goes out to the families of the deceased, and please drive carefully you guys.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Re: Last night

Postby Ddraigeneth » March 22nd, 2012, 4:03 pm

I was in an accident where I had to slam on my brakes, but I was still able to leave enough room to keep easing forward. So, the car behind me was able to stop in time, but the elderly woman behind them wasn't, so she slammed them forward into me. Nothing anyone could have really done. Her car was totalled, but no one seemed to be hurt at the time. Scary stuff, regardless. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Ddraigeneth

Postby RyoSoulreaper » March 22nd, 2012, 4:07 pm

Dude. I'm sorry about that. That was horrible.

I mean wow.....That really sucks.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby tezzle » March 22nd, 2012, 4:26 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that. It's great you're okay, but regardless that's rough to go through mentally. I've never been in a situation close to that...
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby YakkitySax » March 22nd, 2012, 4:28 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you. I understand the feeling and I've been in a similar situation myself. If you need someone to talk to who has been through something similar, you know how to get a hold of me. <3
I love you, spam bots.
jan83fry wrote:It's my pleasure to get an opportunity to discuss in this reputed forum. I love seeing people thrive online. It's such a great opportunity I have today.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby mitchellbravo » March 22nd, 2012, 4:40 pm

Holy fucking shit. Please take all of my hugs. I am so sorry :( Accidents like that, even if you know they weren't your fault, are still traumatising because you can't help but think of how close you came, and even if you've been assured that you're blameless, you always still wonder "maybes" and "what ifs."

Keep us in the loop with how you're doing. Even if you weren't physically injured, sometimes the psychological scars are worse.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Sonic-ock » March 22nd, 2012, 4:42 pm

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it, and even though it's only been a short time there are things I've come to accept, but there are still things I need to come to grips with. I just need time, also I'm sorry to hear that you've had a similar experience Yakkity, maybe we can talk about it at some point.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby Guest » March 22nd, 2012, 4:50 pm

Omigod...I'm so sorry, Sonic-Ock! I'm glad you're okay, though. I hope you feel better soon. *internet hugs*

Postby mosama » March 22nd, 2012, 4:56 pm

Fuck driving and fuck the person who invented cars. I've always hated driving its too dangerous. Can't we just ride very fast camels? Fuck.
mosama

Postby Nikkinoodles » March 22nd, 2012, 5:02 pm

I'm really sorry that happened to you, and to those poor drivers. I don't drive so I don't know how terrifying that could be but I'd imagine it's much much worse than being a passanger in a car that almost gets hit by a truck.

You should be proud that you tried to help, both the police and those injured. There's many I know who would have just checked their car and driven off but you didn't. Or they would have stayed in their car and waited until the police came. You didn't which shows what a good person you are.

Sorry again and take my virtual hugs.
Eishiya said: wrote:groin attacks build character

Muh blog
Nikkinoodles

Postby avian-reader » March 22nd, 2012, 5:28 pm

It's been said a billion times, but really sorry to hear about that. Hope you feel better soon. I have no idea how you go about this, so I'd just go with the Dementor treatment and say eat lots of chocolate.

Again, hoping things cool down soon for you mate.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby YakkitySax » March 22nd, 2012, 7:33 pm

Sonic-ock wrote:Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it, and even though it's only been a short time there are things I've come to accept, but there are still things I need to come to grips with. I just need time, also I'm sorry to hear that you've had a similar experience Yakkity, maybe we can talk about it at some point.

Any time you feel ready, I'm around.
I love you, spam bots.
jan83fry wrote:It's my pleasure to get an opportunity to discuss in this reputed forum. I love seeing people thrive online. It's such a great opportunity I have today.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby blankd » March 22nd, 2012, 10:36 pm

Oh jesus that's rough, I hope you feel better soon SonicOck. )8
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby JoKeR » March 23rd, 2012, 6:37 am

I can't describe it in words ... speechless.

I hope you can get over it soon.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Cave » March 24th, 2012, 6:28 pm

Oh my gosh.... *hugs* Sorry to hear this happened. :( But it's best to let out emotions rather than keep them bottled in.

mosama wrote:Fuck driving and fuck the person who invented cars. I've always hated driving its too dangerous. Can't we just ride very fast camels? Fuck.

I hear ya. I love driving, lots of fun, but honestly other drivers scare me. I wish licenses were harder to get or tougher penalties for disobeying the law. 10 years driving and no accident (though come close a couple times) *knocks on wood*
Cave

Next

Return to Life Issues