I think I'm insane.

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: I think I'm insane.

Postby darkenergy » April 21st, 2012, 4:35 pm

Seat switching--nice! That wouldn't have occurred to me. But jacking up your schedule, especially when you're new to the school, is the wooorst...and it doesn't guarantee a reprieve, it just guarantees different idiots.

Sounds like it's giong better already, though.

Also, clay animation sounds awesome :O
darkenergy

Postby mitchellbravo » April 21st, 2012, 4:42 pm

KonaTobennh wrote:Oddly enough, the next day I went to the class, (Thursday, we use block schedule) the guy I yelled to was awfully quiet. Not sure if it was the parent-teacher conference that happened (not even sure if it was before class...), or because he took what I said literally? I'd rather not know. The more I look back at the situation, the more awkward I am.

Oh dude, high five! It's just like in the movies!

I wouldn't feel too bad about it if I were you. The way I see it, if people are going to willingly be jackasses, they can't be too surprised when someone finally "hits back" so to speak. I'll bet at least one person in the room breathed a sigh of relief when you reacted to the kid.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Guest » April 21st, 2012, 5:31 pm

Definitly not insane. Just bullied, I suggest finding a way to let the anger out. I suggest writing a blog or something.

Postby Guest » June 2nd, 2012, 10:22 am

Insane? Give me a break. I hope you've heard the saying 'your own rating of yourself is your worst enemy'.

You're not insane.

Postby SoupCandy » June 2nd, 2012, 9:58 pm

Like others have said, you're not nuts.

The people around you are acting out, damaging you, and of course, things don't change much when you get out into the real world.

Take it in stride, though. It'll be alright... Not perfect, but it'll be alright.

Though to everyone: Do not blame only the teachers, honestly. Teachers have barely any power and they're supposed to teach what the board picks. Now, there are of course some terrible teachers, and they're in only for the money... Which isn't much to begin with. That's why they stop caring or don't care to begin with. What's wrong with the system is a societal problem. This is a symptom that our issues lie much, much deeper. Needless to say, unruly douche bag kids are signs of a failing parental system, a failing social structure, and yes, finally, a failing education system. It's almost impossible to fix unless everyone wants things to get better, and that's just not happening.

In any case, things can get better. We've got to make them better. But I digress--this topic is about you, kiddo, not politics.
/threadkiller
SoupCandy

Postby pwii » June 2nd, 2012, 10:46 pm

No, not insane. I would've snapped a lot sooner than you. I don't think there's anything you can do except write about it, and how it affects your opinion on the school system. The people who would reform would listen to you most of all, because you've dealt with the ugly side.
Shoprocks wrote:Surely it's no coincidence that the more I talk about the characters, the gayer they get.

Interterrestrial wrote:...and I can tell you strange things that you probably never wanted to know like the fact that I have a can of beets in my closet and I didn't put it there
pwii

Postby The Bearded Man » June 3rd, 2012, 1:37 am

A little pessimistic remark on my side. Nothing humanity makes can be perfect and allot of problems in our systems (whatever the era or civilization) in place are caused by a fundamental sabotage generated through our (really normal yet very bothering) egoism and greed.

My little solution (open for amelioration and constructive remarks (cause what is the f***ing point to b**** on this thing if you don't propose a better solution?)): Get through with this obstacle that is obligatory and "necessary for opportunities" education, but on your spare time, educate yourself! Fill in for what the system fail to give you and it might be a good thing to put in place an easy to follow guide for this matter as in a suggestion list for topics to abord and reliable information sources for those topics.

Warning, I drift a little in what comes next. Yet, for me it is all linked stuff.
Spoiler! :
In my opinion, that is the only way to help the "good" knowledge to be spread and make better informed human beings, less susceptible to alienation of thoughts (well, much like brain-washing) and conformation to "fall in line" with our modern hidden-yet-not-so-doing-well-at-being-subtle dictatorship.

Above all, learn to question even your most fundamental beliefs and things you mark as "evident". I'm not asking to elaborate pointless conspiracy stuff that helps nothing (unless it doesn't drift off and simply inform of what is hidden and could affect us if we are not prepared). I'm asking to never trust blindly. Even if just for the sake of not being the bigger fool.

And for those ready to take the heat, be ready to act if things go south with some crazy laws being voted and stuff of the like.
The Bearded Man

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » June 5th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Ok, some interesting things have said here but this^ Do your thing, try to ignore the others (I know it's hard, they can be SO loud) and concentrate on what is explained to you, even if it's not enough because of distruptive people. The rest you'll have to fill in yourself whichever way you can.

Seeing as I was born in Spain and have lived here all my life I might be able to help you, therefore if you have doubts just ask, I don't mind.

Also:
Meanwhile, for those that are actually trying to study in Spanish class
Mientras tanto, para los que están intentando estudiar en la clase de español

I think you got that wrong because you broke the sentence up but, if you don't know, estudian is wrong because what They are doing is trying to study, not study.(they try - ellos intetan, are trying- están intentando)

Other than that:
SoupCandy wrote:Though to everyone: Do not blame only the teachers, honestly. Teachers have barely any power and they're supposed to teach what the board picks. Now, there are of course some terrible teachers, and they're in only for the money... Which isn't much to begin with. That's why they stop caring or don't care to begin with. What's wrong with the system is a societal problem. This is a symptom that our issues lie much, much deeper. Needless to say, unruly douche bag kids are signs of a failing parental system, a failing social structure, and yes, finally, a failing education system. It's almost impossible to fix unless everyone wants things to get better, and that's just not happening.

In any case, things can get better. We've got to make them better. But I digress--this topic is about you, kiddo, not politics.

I agree with that, just know it's not only in the USA.

So now you know, help is a PM away, and ignore those clowns as much as you can (there's a point where you cannot, unfortunately). I also think that you may have put him in his place a bit with what you said (or the parent meeting), which is good, sometimes to people like that you have to shove the truth in their faces, and you're even doing them a favor, they might grow up.
SkyWithFluffyclouds

Previous

Return to Life Issues