Let's Vent

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Let's Vent

Postby mitchellbravo » September 2nd, 2019, 12:19 pm

Feeling anxious & a little dizzy right now.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby JoKeR » September 5th, 2019, 12:44 pm

@mitchellbravo
Take a rest, please.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Soft Dorito » September 27th, 2019, 10:57 pm

I want to talk. I want to socialize. But I just can't seem to move forward with any of it. I want to return messages even more. I don't know what to say, though. I'm so tired.
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby jellyfishin » October 1st, 2019, 6:25 pm

Bank keeps sending me these flyers for a credit card with cash back promotion. Decided to apply since I need a credit card and cash back is good. Got denied because I have no credit history.

I'm not surprised by it, but it still baffles me: the bank's system thinks I'm a good candidate for the credit card because I have a checking account with said bank and the account is used to pay bills and such. Then my application is rejected because I've never been in debt.
jellyfishin

Postby eishiya » October 1st, 2019, 7:17 pm

jellyfishin wrote:Bank keeps sending me these flyers for a credit card with cash back promotion. Decided to apply since I need a credit card and cash back is good. Got denied because I have no credit history.

I'm not surprised by it, but it still baffles me: the bank's system thinks I'm a good candidate for the credit card because I have a checking account with said bank and the account is used to pay bills and such. Then my application is rejected because I've never been in debt.

Why would they want to give a credit card to someone who isn't going to give them late payment fees ;D
(Serious answer though: you can build up a credit history without going into debt as such, by having a credit card and always making payments on time. This does present a chicken-and-egg problem, one that's usually resolved by having someone with a good credit history co-sign for the card. If that's not an option, consider applying for a credit card with no perks (but also no annual fee), it should be easier to get approved for that. Then, when your credit score is high enough, you can get a better card and cancel the old one.)
eishiya

Postby Gibson Twist » October 2nd, 2019, 6:45 am

jellyfishin wrote:Bank shit

The bank didn't send you the application because they thought you'd be a good candidate for the card, they sent it because they have your address. There's no formula to it, just a name on a marketing call sheet. They cast a wide net sending thousands of the same letter over and over again. You'll probably get the same letter again before long, even though you were already turned down, and you might start getting them from other credit agencies. We get at least one of them a week, often more, from our own bank, from Chase, Capitol One, PayPal, Mastercard, etc. The incredibly insidious thing about it is it costs them nothing but a small amount of administrative time to turn down thousands of people, but each of those people takes a hit for the declined application and their credit score ends up worse.
Gibson Twist

Postby HolyGoldenCarter » October 5th, 2019, 2:36 am

I rarely ever vent, but even still, hours and hours after this happened, my nerve is still struck.
Overheard my mom and my brother speaking downstairs. She wants him to make food for a tea party. Through and through, he sounds like he's in a bad mood, so I'm already thinking it won't end well in some way or another.
I was right, but I didn't expect it to go the way it did.
Mom mentions that I can pick up the materials for him at the store, which is true, he sends me lists so he can make food. He scoffs and says "Mariah is anything but reliable."

I try so hard to be a good sister for him and no matter what, it just doesn't seem to work out. It does make sense why, though. Sometimes people who are starkly different from another really can't cooperate. There have been rare times where we spent time together, but it was usually with other friends or family around. The only time he asks me anything is when he gets home from work, and it's always 'when did Mom leave?'

I don't think my brother loves me.

On the bright side, when I gain the money to move, he won't have to see me again and I can put all this behind me. You can't be unreliable to someone if they rarely want anything to do with you.
HolyGoldenCarter

Postby Vitotamito » October 14th, 2019, 4:24 am

Not sure what you're venting about, but I want some curry now
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby artofjoe » October 14th, 2019, 6:01 am

Vitotamito wrote:Not sure what you're venting about, but I want some curry now

LMAO, these spam bots just get crazier and crazier as time goes it seems! XD And same, curry sounds real dang good about now.
artofjoe

Postby jellyfishin » October 15th, 2019, 10:31 pm

artofjoe wrote:
Vitotamito wrote:Not sure what you're venting about, but I want some curry now

LMAO, these spam bots just get crazier and crazier as time goes it seems! XD And same, curry sounds real dang good about now.

I remember seeing the Malaysian curry spam post before it got removed, but reading this without context was hilarious in the vent thread.

Could go for some myself right now, though, as I need something to relieve my congestion. As much as I love fall, the cold weather and fall allergies makes me congested, and it just. plain. sucks.

But at least I am glad my congestion is weather related and not due to a virus. I am sadly reminded that I can't get the flu shot due to the risk of severe allergic reaction, and yet my brother, who is able to get the flu shot, never gets it. And he works in retail and interacts with many people on a frequent basis. :/
jellyfishin

Postby OujaAkuma » October 18th, 2019, 10:26 pm

Someone said they had a crush on me and it's been so long since that's happened but things went sour within 2 weeks and I ended up blocking him for vaguebooking about me negatively after he stood me up essentially. It was unneeded drama that I baked a large batch of cookies to eat it all in one night because I struggle finding people who genuinely like me that it makes me feel like I'm gonna be alone forever.

It's my negative thinking that pushes people away from me and my awful pride/ego doesn't help either. I really want someone to fall in love with me as that's never happenes in my 27 years of life. It's lonely being me. :(
OujaAkuma

Postby Gibson Twist » October 19th, 2019, 11:52 am

A Twitter twit told me they do the "proper writing" on a comic after they've already drawn the page, and then tried to explain to me that dialogue and narration are different things and that's what real writing is.Then they told me I needed to use my imagination about writing. I showed remarkable restraint, which is the most upsetting part.
Gibson Twist

Postby Vitotamito » October 22nd, 2019, 4:05 am

Gibson Twist wrote:Then they told me I needed to use my imagination about writing.

Unlock your brain chakra and experience this dude's higher plane of existence, bruh. Once you realize you and the page are the same thing you can expand your writing to the next level of reality.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Gibson Twist » October 22nd, 2019, 8:35 am

Vitotamito wrote:
Gibson Twist wrote:Then they told me I needed to use my imagination about writing.

Unlock your brain chakra and experience this dude's higher plane of existence, bruh. Once you realize you and the page are the same thing you can expand your writing to the next level of reality.

Hey, I know how to do drugs already!
Gibson Twist

Postby colinmooredraws » October 22nd, 2019, 5:02 pm

When you have to use a public facing thread system to get support on something, and people keep chiming in with the ever unhelpful "It's not happening for me!" Could they just...not?
colinmooredraws

PreviousNext

Return to Life Issues