Let's Vent

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Let's Vent

Postby TheJGamer » September 4th, 2018, 9:17 am

eishiya wrote:
TheJGamer wrote:What the fuck happened to my school?

I'm starting tenth grade, an important year for college prep, tomorrow. Some of the classes are seriously out of whack, though. Ever since our Physics teacher retired last year, the subject isn't in the damn school anymore. Not to mention that Physics is an important subject for college admission. Also, I should be taking Calculus since I've always been one step ahead of my grade since 6th grade (I took Alg 1 in 6th, Geometry in 7th, Alg 2 in 8th), save for last year, when we resorted to Statistics after our math teacher suddenly passed away. Because of that, now I'm taking Pre-Calc like every other 10th grader.

This is really stressing me out. I can't think about not being able to get to a good college because of this stupid mess.

I did Pre-Calc in 11th grade (that was the norm in my school) and Calculus in 12th. I had physics in 12th grade, but in college I still had to take an introductory physics course which covered the same material. I still graduated college early.

My friend who goes to the same school told me not to worry since we're still technically on track. Your post made me more comfortable about this year, so thank you for that!
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby Soft Dorito » September 5th, 2018, 9:37 pm

Why do I feel like I'm about to fuck up monumentally. jfc come on new meds. Kick the fuck in.

Spoiler! :
So I've had this super irrational, totally not even a thing, stupid fear in the back of my mind for years now that dread over nothing because someone at work can and is planning on (for whatever reason) fucking up my day. It goes away mostly after I have decent anxiety meds, not like what I had until last week that literally almost cost me my job at one point because fuck my brain I guess, and I KNOW it's not a real thing but it's been floating around since I was a kid and doesn't seem to want to stop. Ugh. I hate my stupid gray skull meat. Can I get an exchange from the NOT paranoid af pile?
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby OujaAkuma » September 8th, 2018, 8:32 pm

I have such a terrible boss.
He's been always a handful but I ended up on his bad side because I refused to take his shift so he could go home to have cake (wasn't scheduled to work that shift, my only non-closing shift, I'm not taking it). So that was last week. This week? I got demoted BECAUSE I didn't take that shift. My boss literally went to his boss and complained out of his ass and lied thru his teeth about me. All because I wouldn't let him have cake.

I've applied to over 10 jobs since then and no ones calling me back and I'm so FRUSTRATED that I have to deal with him. He sends me a passive aggressive text message today and I cant wait to block his number. He is terrible. He's racist. And corporate doesn't care. :^)
OujaAkuma

Postby OujaAkuma » September 9th, 2018, 8:42 pm

OujaAkuma wrote:I have such a terrible boss.
He's been always a handful but I ended up on his bad side because I refused to take his shift so he could go home to have cake (wasn't scheduled to work that shift, my only non-closing shift, I'm not taking it). So that was last week. This week? I got demoted BECAUSE I didn't take that shift. My boss literally went to his boss and complained out of his ass and lied thru his teeth about me. All because I wouldn't let him have cake.

I've applied to over 10 jobs since then and no ones calling me back and I'm so FRUSTRATED that I have to deal with him. He sends me a passive aggressive text message today and I cant wait to block his number. He is terrible. He's racist. And corporate doesn't care. :^)

Well here's an interesting update.

I tried going to my old store and well, someone I considered a friend decided to barr me from going back. :^) I'm tired of cutting people out of my life but snakes are just too much of a daily routine apparently. It's been a rough week and I was thinking about this all day. I'm really bothered by this and people can be just so unprofessional. I'll just keep applying to more places.
OujaAkuma

Postby Seven Rain » October 6th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Today sucked. Not in a frantic/depressed kinda way but in an exhausting "I had all Saturday to myself and got absolutely nothing done and felt shitty and tired all day" way.
Seven Rain

Postby AshenSkye » October 10th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Nevermind the murder in the trash can. Just another case of nicking that one spot on my ankle while shaving again. @_@
[ Etsy ][ Ko-fi ]

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle! | Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians. | Give 100% in all you do! Unless you're giving blood.
AshenSkye

Postby ShaRose49 » October 11th, 2018, 3:11 pm

I didn’t realize this forum talked about personal stuff too, it’s so cool. I’m struggling with learning to drive, and studying for that. I’m not good at focusing or sleeping, which is not good for my driving or studying, and with all the studying there’s less time for the webcomic. :( I can’t wait till I get better at this stuff.
Last edited by eishiya on October 11th, 2018, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't link to your comic here. You can use the Self-Promotion forum and your signature for that.
ShaRose49

Postby TheJGamer » October 13th, 2018, 11:20 pm

Goddamn am I so frustrated right now. I've been working hard on an animation for school when all of a sudden the program I am using suddenly shits on itself out of nowhere. It crashed unexpectedly and I lost 2-3 hours' worth of work.

To be fair, it is kind of my fault for not saving every now and then, but still, what the fuck was that for, Windows?

EDIT: Oh freaking great, another bad thing happened today. I hit my left foot onto a wall. It wasn't that hard, but now my fourth and pinkie toes hurt and sting whenever I try and flex them upward and sometimes when I walk. I seriously hope it's not a fracture. =(
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby Seven Rain » October 14th, 2018, 11:21 am

I just. I gotta. I gotta vent. Let me scream at my keyboard with my fingers for a second.
Spoiler! :
I know that not many comic artists update a lot. I know it's not expected of any of us to update a lot. I know I shouldn't beat myself up for not updating a lot, especially when it can bring other artists down who don't update a lot, but please understand that it's a feeling I can't fight off. I don't have adult responsibilities and a life like everyone else. I'm a piece of shit and my art is all I cling to in a desperate attempt to feel like my life is going somewhere.
Instead of my day being filled with work and adult life that keeps me from updating, it's nothing but a big invisible wall of bullshit. There's nothing stopping me from working on my comic all day every day, and it's not even games distracting me, it's like my brain looks for things to do instead, even if it's just refreshing websites over and over again. It's filling me with despair that I've gone from updating every few days to updating every couple of weeks. I entertained thoughts of finishing this chapter by the end of 2018 but there's NOOOOO fucking way now.
I want to make it stop, I want to care, I want to work hard, but I can't figure out how to return to the way I was when I was updating all the time. Just. Fuck. Where's the miracle drug that makes me want to work and stop literally dragging myself away from what I know I want and need to do? I don't want to be 40 before I finish WOE. I don't want to be 60 before I finish The BJC or G8. I don't want to die before finishing all of these things that are so important to me, but no matter what I tell myself I can't focus.
Seven Rain

Postby eishiya » October 14th, 2018, 11:30 am

Seven Rain wrote:I just. I gotta. I gotta vent. Let me scream at my keyboard with my fingers for a second.
[snip]

I know it's not helpful to you, but fffffukken same. I manage to update with decent regularity, but I have way more time available! I want to use that time for comics, but my brain keeps dragging me away to do other things, mostly involving doing nothing except staring into space or scrolling on Twitter. My goal was to do 2-3 pages a week, and update 1-2 pages, and have my comic done ahead of time, so that I could get a head start on my next project. Instead, I do each week's page the day before the deadline or even morning of, even though I have many other days available during the week to do way more work. And the work is fun, so why the hell won't my brain let me do it?
eishiya

Postby mitchellbravo » October 14th, 2018, 7:33 pm

S-R and eishiya-
Every time I get a scene done my brain gets on this like endorphin lift of "OMG you're back! You're going to do this regularly again now, like the good old days!" and then for like a week or two I work on the next scene and then I get waylaid and don't finish it in any reasonable time. It's frustrating. Most of the people who used to regularly read or comment on my comic are long gone, and I didn't update consistently enough for it to be something they still check for anyway- let alone consistently enough for new readers to latch on.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Seven Rain » October 14th, 2018, 9:06 pm

eishiya wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:I just. I gotta. I gotta vent. Let me scream at my keyboard with my fingers for a second.
[snip]

I know it's not helpful to you, but fffffukken same.

Honestly it helps a lot more than you'd think. Some feelings and bad moods I feel silly for having or sharing and people usually try to extend a hand to help or talk but oddly enough it lifts my spirits a bit knowing that y'all share this with me right now. I can't blame depression for once so I have no idea where this lazy slump of mine came from, but sharing the struggle helps ease the pain a bit, somehow.
Seven Rain

Postby Paulie Blade » October 15th, 2018, 9:13 am

mitchellbravo wrote:Most of the people who used to regularly read or comment on my comic are long gone, and I didn't update consistently enough for it to be something they still check for anyway- let alone consistently enough for new readers to latch on.

I'm kind of the opposite. After the first two years of very inconsistent updates I managed to set a pattern of releasing one page a week. Perhaps not a very fast rate, but it's WAY better than a year or two ago. And somehow my readership disappeared at the same time :o I don't know if the quality of my comic declined, but I went from SOME recognition back to zero. I'm losing subscribers, I'm not getting any comments/likes/faves. I know it's not what I'm supposed to be aiming for but it really makes you think...
Paulie Blade

Postby JoKeR » October 19th, 2018, 5:29 pm

Got a new job and after the second week ...I CAUGHT A FUCKING COLD!! With everything included even the kitchen sink.
Can't got to work, can't make the comic... all I can do is sitting in front of my PC and read and sometimes fall asleep.

I HATE THIS FUCKING COLD! WHY NOW??!!!

I have to keep this job. I don't want to lose it again just because I caught the mother load of all colds since years.

GAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Zin Trollborn » November 2nd, 2018, 4:51 am

JoKeR wrote:Got a new job and after the second week ...I CAUGHT A FUCKING COLD!! With everything included even the kitchen sink.
Can't got to work, can't make the comic... all I can do is sitting in front of my PC and read and sometimes fall asleep.

I HATE THIS FUCKING COLD! WHY NOW??!!!

I have to keep this job. I don't want to lose it again just because I caught the mother load of all colds since years.

GAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Aww take care, if you need to sleep, just listen to your body and sleep! And get vitamins or stuff.

Well i'm saying that but....I'm starting a new job in few days and guess what. FUCKING CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROM KICKIN' IN. Can't even work on comic, can't even play video games and can't even sleep to pass time because all what I think about is the time lost at doing nothing because of this stupid weak hand of mine. Can't even appreciate to look at movies or series or cute animal videos because I'm so pissed about the whole situation.
I'll probably go roll down on the carpet.
And swear about life and stuff.
Just a comic banner down here.
Spoiler! :
Zin Trollborn

PreviousNext

Return to Life Issues