Let's Vent

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Let's Vent

Postby redandblack64 » July 31st, 2019, 5:20 pm

There are 2 extremely lazy roommates who wait up to four days to wash their dishes, and when called out on it, they make up excuses instead of doing them. The landlord charged them close to $50 for that, since there's a camera in the kitchen, and they whine about how he's being a "douchebag" for their laziness. Because he hates pests and wants the house to stay clean, he has the same rule that I had when I had an apartment: the kitchen needs to be SPOTLESS before midnight, NO EXCUSES. Yesterday, when they were watching Netflix but somehow didn't have any time to do their dishes, I asked a simple question: "So your fine with cockroaches, right?". Got a nasty look, and they still didn't do it. So from now on, I'm asking what the plan on naming their pet cockroaches.
redandblack64

Postby Ulta » August 1st, 2019, 9:07 pm

I hate that I have to rely on generosity to help pull me out of my living arrangements without sacrifices.

Not gonna go into the details to much...I basically hate where I live because the supposed family that lives here isn't being supportive of my dream of making my comic for a living. They look at my dream as a stupid decision and that I should give up and go back to a job I hate, but said job made the money come in and enough of it for me to move out on my own if I really wanted.

But if I did that, I'd have to quit working on my comic, because you know, real life is expensive and I'd need to work near every day of the week to be able to live on my own. No time or energy for the comic in that case.

So I'm staying in this un-supportive (but cheap living conditions) home, and hoping that if given enough time(or a miracle), maybe enough people will support my comic on Patreon to allow me to move out on my own. I'm trying to make my dreams come true...at the cost of stressful work environment. Real life is such a strangely cruel mistress.
Ulta

Postby Seven Rain » August 13th, 2019, 7:55 am

My computer issues never seem to end, but this time it's much more serious than "I switched to a new OS and I hate it." the fucking thing freezes during POST.
I might be stuck this way for months, weeks if I'm lucky. On top of the issue itself and finding money to resolve it, my last backup may not have completed properly so now I have to be paranoid about my data and hard drive the entire time I'm stuck waiting to try and fix this by buying new parts.
And even if I do get those new parts, there's a chance that won't solve the issue. It's not something I can troubleshoot, so I can only make educated guesses and hope for the best.
I was already unsatisfied with my update frequency this year, but now I have to tack on this forced hiatus. I hate having to be away from WOE for this long. Maybe if I get desperate I can try to do some drawing on this reserve laptop, but I don't have high hopes of that being doable.
Seven Rain

Postby Gibson Twist » August 20th, 2019, 2:53 am

redandblack64 wrote:The landlord charged them close to $50 for that, since there's a camera in the kitchen

Hang on. What?? Your landlord has a camera in your kitchen? That's...
Gibson Twist

Postby Soft Dorito » August 20th, 2019, 5:12 pm

I really don't know why but I feel like I'm about to lose it. I mean I know I'm not mentally normal whatever. But today I just can't seem to stop and get out of this hole. I really want to talk to somebody but I don't want to ruin anyone's day. God I wish I could afford therapy
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby JoKeR » August 22nd, 2019, 2:04 pm

Trigger warning:
Spoiler! :
YAY! Bought a PS4 ...finally enough money for it ...but I won't have enough time and energy to even play a single fuckin' game!
I'm soooo happy to have a job. I have money but no fun in spending it ....For what? Maybe for drugs?
I should do drugs ... then maybe I don't feel how empty I have become.

Drawing my comic ....hahahahahaha ...yeah ... maybe I should move on.

Becoming empty and losing your dreams ...that's how a worthy Adult should be.

Everyone but me is happy that I have this job. In Germany only those who work have worth. Meaningless what kind of work ...just work to be a worthy person.

This job is opposing to everything I am.
No creativity. (except for disguising the truth)
Phone calls. (I hate talking on a phone)
Multitasking. (I'm ADD... I have to concentrate immensely to get something done ...I concentrate so much that I get tunnel vision.)
I feel exhausted.

I'm tiered of it all.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby mitchellbravo » August 22nd, 2019, 3:08 pm

JoKeR, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time over there :( :( I'm sorry you feel pressured to abandon your dreams or silence them. I remember working my shitty job and it just sucks the life and love out of you. I hope you can find the strength or even just the momentum to stick with where you are until you find something better (though I'd be the last to judge if you quit before you had something else lined up). Or that things improve enough that you feel less strangled by the nature of your work and can compartmentalize "work time" and "JoKeR time" and find a way to enjoy the hobbies and things that bring you happiness.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby JoKeR » August 22nd, 2019, 8:44 pm

Thanks mitchellbravo.

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Seven Rain » August 23rd, 2019, 3:18 am

Shit man, you're one of my best buds and it sucks seeing you go through those feelings. They're feelings I've either shared or dreaded so I know how brutal it feels. I wish there was something I could do to help out but if you ever wanna chat on Discord you know you can hit me up anytime, for what that's worth.

*EDIT*
And I know sometimes a vent is just a vent, I feel kinda hypocritical doing that thing people always did/said when I had my super low points and chatting never really helped me through things, (at least in the short term,) but I'm not as articulate as Mitchell and I really do wish you didn't have to feel so defeated, so continuing to extend an offer to talk or vent in private is all I can do. Apologies if I come off as insensitive at all, but don't forget even if everything seems shitty you've still got friends and fellow SJers who care about you.
Seven Rain

Postby Captain Ghost » August 23rd, 2019, 6:08 am

What you wrote sounds pretty close to how i felt when I was working at a call centre, JoKeR... I really hope you are able to find something that suits you better, that kind of stress is awful. Sometimes a job just ain’t worth it but societal pressure doesn’t always make it seem that way >_>;

Wishing you the best;;
Captain Ghost

Postby redandblack64 » August 23rd, 2019, 7:52 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:
redandblack64 wrote:The landlord charged them close to $50 for that, since there's a camera in the kitchen

Hang on. What?? Your landlord has a camera in your kitchen? That's...

...yup. There were some slobs living here before I moved in that didn't care if there were pests, so the landlord dealt with it by installing cameras over the sink.

JoKeR, I've been in a similar situation last year, when ironically I was a work-study at RMCAD. It was a minimum wage help desk job (the starting pay in the Denver area is like 47K, don't judge me for cussing out my boss over this when I got fired.) that didn't allow homework or working on personal projects at any point, and the schedule had some of us on campus for 16 hours in a row. By the time I went home, I didn't want to touch anything art related and sure as hell didn't want to socialize with anyone since it was a customer facing job. I'm wondering if you job is customer service oriented; those are exhausting for introverts like me, though I'm not sure what type of personality you have, so I can't make many assumptions. You could try a different type of job that suits you better if it's as easy to find a job where you are as it is here in Colorado.
redandblack64

Postby JoKeR » August 23rd, 2019, 8:04 pm

redandblack64 wrote:I'm wondering if you job is customer service oriented; those are exhausting for introverts like me, though I'm not sure what type of personality you have, so I can't make many assumptions. You could try a different type of job that suits you better if it's as easy to find a job where you are as it is here in Colorado.

I'm introvert as well and it's a call centre where we have to help the customer with their IT/server problems.
I'm in no way server-phile... everything is complicated and I have only a half-knowledge about this stuff ...but they want to keep me because they are low on manpower and I always keep my cool even when customers yell at me. But at the end of they day I'm depressed and exhausted and want to quit everything.

redandblack64 wrote:...yup. There were some slobs living here before I moved in that didn't care if there were pests, so the landlord dealt with it by installing cameras over the sink.

If a landlord would do this here, you would be able to sue them.

JoKeR

Postby redandblack64 » August 29th, 2019, 7:17 pm

JoKeR wrote:
redandblack64 wrote:I'm wondering if you job is customer service oriented; those are exhausting for introverts like me, though I'm not sure what type of personality you have, so I can't make many assumptions. You could try a different type of job that suits you better if it's as easy to find a job where you are as it is here in Colorado.

I'm introvert as well and it's a call centre where we have to help the customer with their IT/server problems.
I'm in no way server-phile... everything is complicated and I have only a half-knowledge about this stuff ...but they want to keep me because they are low on manpower and I always keep my cool even when customers yell at me. But at the end of they day I'm depressed and exhausted and want to quit everything.

The job I had before this one was the same; it was an underpaid helpdesk "workstudy" position that I got fired from for no specific reason. One reason was being "short" with "customers". Your coworkers are not your customers, and no one is paying for this service. I was the janitor of the tech sector, fetching forgotten passwords and cleaning computers for coworkers who made 2 to 5 times my pay, so instead of going off on customers, I just cut the conversation short. If the yelled at me, I cut them off mid sentence and got their problem taken care of. I'm still failing to see why wasting time conversing with people you don't like now want to talk to is in any way productive, and didn't care if someone was offended by this. I somehow lasted a year, and gave even less of a shit when I found out high school students with no experience were making 3 to 5 dollars more an hour doing the same job, in the same city, with a lighter work load. I got fired a week before I was going to quit, and soon after almost everyone else that worked there was let go. The turnover rate in there is higher than Wal-Mart and McDonalds, and the manager always blames his employees for his own shortcomings. My heart pumps piss for him.
redandblack64

Postby Gibson Twist » August 30th, 2019, 8:24 am

redandblack64 wrote:There were some slobs living here before I moved in that didn't care if there were pests, so the landlord dealt with it by installing cameras over the sink.

I am PRETTY SURE that's illegal.
Gibson Twist

Postby redandblack64 » August 30th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:
redandblack64 wrote:There were some slobs living here before I moved in that didn't care if there were pests, so the landlord dealt with it by installing cameras over the sink.

I am PRETTY SURE that's illegal.

Not in the US, especially not in Colorado. That kitchen is a part of the common area, and isn't considered to be rented out by the tenants, so it's no different than installing cameras in an apartment hallway. It would be illegal if the kitchen were a part of the unit a tenant rents out, though.
redandblack64

PreviousNext

Return to Life Issues