Let's Vent

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Let's Vent

Postby Kiki-Wyvern » February 21st, 2019, 10:33 pm

GamerDude123 wrote:
kmarwx wrote:Everyone who's responded to you thus far has been attempting to help you fix your problem, not to purposefully annoy or irritate you. This community is a very welcoming one, and the subject matter at hand doesn't warrant any such behavior like the kind you think they are showing you. I promise you, as a member of the community for five years, that every one of these people is willing to help you in any way they can so long as you don't blow things out of proportion like you are currently doing. Transphobia was never brought up in any of these people's comments towards you, and the "change your username" comment wasn't meant to be a command. It was simply a suggestion that might help others know which pronouns to address you with. If you have any further problems with anybody in this thread, please feel free to use the PM system to communicate further, as I can imagine this kind of argument is not welcome nor desired in a thread such as this one.

moderators are harassing me via pm and will not answer to my inquries

i am sorry...my life is extremely stressfull....bullies at school not understanding their privilege -_-

It's so obvious you're a troll, but it's also really sad that you think it's okay to act like this.
Kiki-Wyvern

Postby eishiya » February 22nd, 2019, 8:11 am

Kiki-Wyvern wrote:It's so obvious you're a troll, but it's also really sad that you think it's okay to act like this.

That drama was from 2014, there's no need to dredge it back up. I don't think that user is even on SJ anymore.
eishiya

Postby Seven Rain » February 22nd, 2019, 10:15 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they dug it up because Kevans has the beginning of the exchange linked in his sig, haha.

*EDIT*
Apparently Brody Stevens committed suicide. Why is it always the celebrities who seem to love life and positivity the most that reach this point?
I've gone through times in my life that I felt so depressed that dying instead of waking up in the morning seemed like it would feel like a weight lifted off of me and everyone else, but suicide or self-harm have always been out of the question no matter how bleak things looked. It's made me more sympathetic when people feel even more hopeless than me, so much so that they can go through with something like that. Whether it's a friend, family, random guy down the street, or celebrities like Brody and Robin, I sympathize more now that I know how deep depression can go.

Losing Brody is particularly painful because although he's not a massive celebrity or a guy with six Netflix specials or an actor you see in all kinds of movies, his social media was unique in that rather than some random intern posting things on his behalf, he would just post photos and videos and selfies and silly little quips from things in his every day life. Goofy license plates and dudes at coffee shops rolling dice on their table or taking selfies in front of statues and rambling about baseball, vids of him driving to a comedy club or show in another town, and there'd be maybe 20-100 likes/reactions. I wouldn't say it was so intimate that it felt like being friends with him, but it felt like a sincere look into his life. All the silly little things that he thought were amusing enough to take pictures of. Now that he's gone there's no one posting anything about his passing, just a link to an Instagram post from three days ago about a coffee mug.
Rest in Peace, Brody. I wish things hadn't ended up this way.
Seven Rain

Postby pixlyJolt » March 7th, 2019, 2:16 am

GamerDude7 is still here, & yeah, he's a troll. I always see him around.
pixlyJolt

Postby Seven Rain » March 10th, 2019, 2:59 am

I'm just a walking pile of depression. I can't go a fucking week feeling happy about anything before I'm dragged back down. I'm overly-sensitive about everything and get overloaded with hurtful shit on social media yet I can't pry myself away from trying SOMETHING to grow my comic audience, even though my presence on twitter probably does nothing even close to accomplishing that. Venting here right now makes me feel nothing, no catharsis. Sometimes I get lucky and feel better, but right now I'm just stuck in that same old loop of not getting anything done because I'm sad, then feeling sad that I'm not getting anything done. I vent on twitter, I vent here, I probably alienate friends and potential readers with it all, but I don't know what else to do.
How am I supposed to finish all the comics and stories I want to write and draw in my life if I have to stop and mope for a week between every god damn page? How am I supposed to stay happy when the slightest thing can fire me back into a wormhole of trying not to cry? And don't even get me started on all the anxieties I have that I might someday ruin the only thing in my life right now that truly gives me hope for the future.

Fuck I don't want to cry, I don't want to, it feels miserable and disgusting and it hurts so fucking much but it's like throwing up when you're sick; no matter how much you hate it or how much you try to hold it down and convince yourself you can avoid it, it just stays there until you let yourself fucking die. The pain and anxiety in my chest doesn't let up, I distract myself with games, I distract myself with dinner and a movie, and it just comes right back the second any of it ends. I don't want to cry, but I don't know if this bullshit will go away until I do. Then it's another game of "how long until it comes back".
Seven Rain

Postby Randumbz » March 24th, 2019, 11:16 am

I can’t believe that I’m going to graduate from college in just a couple of months. I still feel (and look) 15 and it seems like time has been moving so fast. The thing that’s stressing me out the most right now is trying to land a job after I graduate. I’m terrible in interviews and basically have no experience, so this might be tricky. I’m shecudled to take a civil service exam soon but I haven’t been able to study for it because I’ve had an insane amount of schoolwork to deal with the past few weeks. A government job would probably be perfect for me because of how low stress it is and how good the benefits are, but I’ll be shocked if I actually do well on the exam at this point. I’ve changed my mind about what I want to do with my life countless times but for the first time ever I finally have a clear vision of what I want. I can’t work towards that goal unless I land a stable job first and I honestly don’t know how I’ll manage that.

Seven Rain wrote:I'm just a walking pile of depression. I can't go a fucking week feeling happy about anything before I'm dragged back down. I'm overly-sensitive about everything and get overloaded with hurtful shit on social media yet I can't pry myself away from trying SOMETHING to grow my comic audience, even though my presence on twitter probably does nothing even close to accomplishing that. Venting here right now makes me feel nothing, no catharsis. Sometimes I get lucky and feel better, but right now I'm just stuck in that same old loop of not getting anything done because I'm sad, then feeling sad that I'm not getting anything done. I vent on twitter, I vent here, I probably alienate friends and potential readers with it all, but I don't know what else to do.
How am I supposed to finish all the comics and stories I want to write and draw in my life if I have to stop and mope for a week between every god damn page? How am I supposed to stay happy when the slightest thing can fire me back into a wormhole of trying not to cry? And don't even get me started on all the anxieties I have that I might someday ruin the only thing in my life right now that truly gives me hope for the future.

Fuck I don't want to cry, I don't want to, it feels miserable and disgusting and it hurts so fucking much but it's like throwing up when you're sick; no matter how much you hate it or how much you try to hold it down and convince yourself you can avoid it, it just stays there until you let yourself fucking die. The pain and anxiety in my chest doesn't let up, I distract myself with games, I distract myself with dinner and a movie, and it just comes right back the second any of it ends. I don't want to cry, but I don't know if this bullshit will go away until I do. Then it's another game of "how long until it comes back".

I don’t really know what I can say to cheer you up, but I hope that things get better for you in the future. I can kind of relate because there are a lot of things that I’ve wanted to do and the fear of failure has always held me back. I procrastinate all the time because if I don’t get started on my work then I can’t experience failure/rejection. Maybe you’re putting too much pressure on yourself. If you just do what you enjoy then people will be drawn to what you’re making. I don’t read webcomics on SJ that much anymore but I used to enjoy your series. Everyone feels depressed sometimes so just let it happen instead of dreading the thought that the feeling might come back
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Seven Rain » March 24th, 2019, 9:29 pm

I appreciate it my friend, but all the pressure I put on myself just comes from the very existential fear of how much I want to accomplish with my comics and how long it all takes. My biggest fear in the world is dying before I can finish all I want to do. That said my depression comes in such waves and patterns that at this point I'm starting to think more and more that it's a clinical depression or bipolar thing, but going to the doctor to ask about it or trying to take medication is a whole different ball game of anxiety and motivation.
But hearing words of support from SJers always helps me push on, even if I don't think so at first. Not that I'd want to make anyone feel like my moods hinge on my venting getting attention, because in the end it is just venting. Thanks for the kind words.
Seven Rain

Postby avian-reader » April 19th, 2019, 2:38 pm

eishiya wrote:
Kiki-Wyvern wrote:It's so obvious you're a troll, but it's also really sad that you think it's okay to act like this.

That drama was from 2014, there's no need to dredge it back up. I don't think that user is even on SJ anymore.

Have you seen this kid around with a bad attitude who keeps saying he's a super villain? It's so crazy...

Why am I the one everyone seems to open up to about their secret traumas and personal drama? I know it sounds really shitty, and I am actually happy to be there for people and lend an ear, but sometimes it can get really draining.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby Seven Rain » April 21st, 2019, 4:09 am

My cat caught a mouse and tried to bring it into the living room and I freaked out and made her drop it so she doesn't torture it in the middle of the room but when I shooed her away and turned around the mouse was gone and now I don't know where it's hiding or if it's okay or how to get it out of the house and if it gets caught again after I saved it once I'm gonna be crushed god fucking dammit things like this are a constant reminder that I can't handle the real world in any way shape or form.
Seven Rain

Re: Let's Vent The Conjuring has the biggest plot hole...

Postby Xero Boomer » April 22nd, 2019, 11:41 am

I'm sorry to all "The Conjuring" fans out there but the very first movie in their franchise has a giant flaw at the end, and the flaw is this: who taught the witch how to drive? Their were no cars in her era so how did the witch drive her kids back to the house, it makes no sense! Are there diving courses in the afterlife?...smh
Xero Boomer

Postby mitchellbravo » May 6th, 2019, 8:16 pm

I feel lousy, physically, at this time and just want to go to bed. I don't feel like editing the comic page but also don't want to fall off the ball after so many weeks of consistent updates.

Emotionally I feel fine at least which is nice. I also just wish my apartment didn't smell like trash/spoiled food with seemingly no reasonable source (the trash has food in it but is also in the kitchen, and has a lid) despite me cleaning on a regular basis

edit: ahahahahaha holy shit. Tried to take a photo of my page and the quality of the image was so shitty it was unworkable. Just tried again and it came out better but still requires so much work to fix. Really not up for this at this time
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby mitchellbravo » June 9th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Thursday night I came down with a really bad stuffy throat to the point I couldn't sleep lying down and had to prop myself up awkwardly and barely got any sleep. Since then it's moved to become clogged sinuses and a tickling cough and just pervasive physical tiredness. It was worse yesterday, though today I had enough energy to do laundry and a little bit of tidying up. By evening I'm drained and have to get to bed, even if I'm mentally awake, I'm physically too tired to do anything, and too out of it to even read or do much anything like that. I'm bummed because a) it sucks and b)I was hoping to get a lot of coloring and stuff done this weekend, in addition to cleaning up the place more since it's gross.

I never used to get laid out this bad by a cold. This sucks!!
mitchellbravo

Postby mitchellbravo » June 12th, 2019, 8:56 pm

SKIN TMI
Spoiler! :
MY ECZEMA FLARE IS SO BAD RN THAT MY CHEST SEEMS TO HAVE 8 ASYMMETRICAL AND UNEQUALLY DISPERSED NIPPLES
I'M "SO GLAD" THIS IS HAPPENING AROUND BATHING SUIT SEASONE
mitchellbravo

Postby mitchellbravo » July 1st, 2019, 8:24 pm

Guess this is my thread now

Well, I realized I have either a sensitivity or an allergy to eggs, specifically undercooked eggs but possibly also cooked, undercooked I get bad cramps and diarrhea, not sure if cooked also gives me a problem but I have a million skin issues (see prev. post and last thousand posts in this thread i'm sure) so I'm trying to cut all eggs from my diet for a while until I get this shit figured out

Goddamn do I want a crepe or an omelet or just an over easy egg
mitchellbravo

Postby Seven Rain » July 3rd, 2019, 11:22 pm

Don't worry I've finally got something to contribute here again because fuck my shitty neighbors. They're horrible people but my living situation is beyond my control and I never have to interact with them so I just try to ignore how shitty they are, but I draw a line at animal cruelty, and if leaving their poor crying cat outside in this humidity with everything soaking wet from rain earlier in the night and fireworks going off constantly doesn't count as cruel then fuck everything. I can't coax the poor thing inside so all I can do is hope they'll come home and let their cat in instead of being negligent pieces of shit who went to bed with him/her outside all night.

I hate feeling helpless about people mistreating their animals.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Life Issues