Let's Vent

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Let's Vent

Postby mitchellbravo » October 22nd, 2019, 5:53 pm

colinmooredraws wrote:When you have to use a public facing thread system to get support on something, and people keep chiming in with the ever unhelpful "It's not happening for me!" Could they just...not?

This is my pet peeve along with similar posts in threads seeking homes for pets. "Is anyone able to adopt this special needs cat?" and then 1,000 obfuscating, unnavigable posts of "SWEET BABY, I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE IN SUCH A BEAUTIFUL ANIMAL, I WOULD CARE FOR HER AND GIVE HER THE MEDICAL CARE SHE NEEDS, I BLIEVE PETS ARE GODS PRECIOUS TREASURES, GIFTS FROM THE LORD, HOW THEY ENRICH OUR LIFES, i live 2000 miles away and am allergic"
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby colinmooredraws » October 22nd, 2019, 8:44 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:
colinmooredraws wrote:When you have to use a public facing thread system to get support on something, and people keep chiming in with the ever unhelpful "It's not happening for me!" Could they just...not?

This is my pet peeve along with similar posts in threads seeking homes for pets. "Is anyone able to adopt this special needs cat?" and then 1,000 obfuscating, unnavigable posts of "SWEET BABY, I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE IN SUCH A BEAUTIFUL ANIMAL, I WOULD CARE FOR HER AND GIVE HER THE MEDICAL CARE SHE NEEDS, I BLIEVE PETS ARE GODS PRECIOUS TREASURES, GIFTS FROM THE LORD, HOW THEY ENRICH OUR LIFES, i live 2000 miles away and am allergic"

UUUUGH! File that along side "I'd LOVE to get a commission but here's 18 reasons why I'm broke right now, while I do nothing to share your post about it."
colinmooredraws

Postby Seven Rain » October 23rd, 2019, 10:20 pm

No matter how great my life gets or how bright the future is nothing can save me from the stress and anxiety of dealing with my family and life in this place.
I'm so fucking lucky I wasn't just consumed and warped by these horrible, self-centered, angry people my whole life. I don't know how I became who I am when I'm constantly surrounded by hate.
Seven Rain

Postby artofjoe » October 24th, 2019, 1:55 am

I've been sick all week and I missed welcoming one of my best friends back home because of it. Hopefully I get better soon so we can hang out.
It's hard to motivate myself to draw when i'm sick because I don't want to drool/sneeze on whatever i'm doing. XD ewwwwww
I don't get sick often, so I always forget how much I hate it and i'm reminded how lucky i am to not be sick all the time.
artofjoe

Postby Seven Rain » October 28th, 2019, 4:45 pm

This is a more petty vent than usual but I often joke about always feeling like I'm 5 years behind everyone in terms of maturity, interests, thinking, etc. and as much as I joke it can feel like a very real statement and feel very frustrating. The more I get into retro gaming in particular the more I want to kick myself for missing the boat on so much. Gamecube controllers, CRTs, PMVs, limited grassroots/indie peripherals and devices, aging consoles and memory, aging batteries, so many things I'm growing/have grown obsessed with now that had I known and thought about several years beforehand would be so much easier to come by and appreciate. Not to mention all the electronics, components, games, systems, etc. I've gotten rid of over the years.

I wish I had the mature reverence for these things that other retro gaming enthusiasts share. When I hear people say they kept their consoles and games pristine and intact since childhood while I roughed things up and sold stuff for new games, it boggles my mind and makes me wish I had more foresight. Open your minds and broaden your horizons, youthful folks. Don't be like me and be late to every party and slow to every learning experience. Not that 28 isn't still young enough to learn and do tons of things, but the simple ephemeral nature of old electronics only makes this hobby more difficult and more expensive as time moves on, and I'm still largely in the learning process. It's exciting yet I'm always going to live with envy of those who got into it sooner, hahaha.
Seven Rain

Postby jellyfishin » November 7th, 2019, 7:02 pm

You'd think that a vacation to Europe is going to be fun or relaxing. No, it was anything but so. And, of course, it always has to be my brother and father who ruins it in some way.

My father? My mom tells my father to get rid of his water bottle before going to check in - guess who decides to leave a water bottle in his backpack and triggers a security check that almost causes us to nearly miss the flight by five minutes? My mom tells my father it's not practical to buy a giant water bottle pack on a long walk because it will make the backpack too heavy to carry - guess who wants to make a detour to the hotel because the backpack is too heavy? My mom tells my father it's not a good idea to carry a pocketknife to a monument where security checks are needed to enter - guess who brings a pocketknife to a monument with high security and is now unable to enter? (And, no, this isn't just some weird case of my father ignoring my mom. He just seems to ignore these big important things in general. I often had to keep asking him to leave me be when I was studying or doing homework, this back when I was student - because guess who interrupted me every ten minutes when I'm trying to finish up a paper due the next day?)

My brother? My brother criticizes everything I do, and it's been mentally and emotionally stressing (I think the only reason I haven't snapped and hurt him is more due to the fact I know I would get in trouble for it as opposed to knowing that hurting others is wrong). On this particular trip he was criticizing how I refer to the map app frequently on my cellphone to figure out if I still am going in the right direction, then snatches the phone to take a look at the map so he could walk ahead. He was always complaining about me moving too slow when I wants to stop and look at something while insisting everyone else stop when he wants to stop and look at something. And he wants us to schedule how we visit things because he wants to see something specific before it closes, even if the schedule is inconvenient. At a dinner, he thinks I'm not being a good friend with an old high school buddy because I'm not using my Instagram account (which is more of an art portfolio thing for me) to follow her Instagram account (which she's using for personal family stuff), despite being that we're already connected on Facebook. And geez, he always finds it acceptable to use his family as an emotional punching bag whenever he's irritated by something, such as a train delay caused by bad weather.

That last part being important, because, father and brother combined has never been a good thing in the household. Having them in this close proximity with each other is just... well, it's been pretty horrendous.

My mom and I both were the ones who invested in this trip. I told my mom next time that it should be just two of us traveling on vacation. Also discussed with her about ramping up the search for an apartment for me (I had normally taken this search slow because New York City is just expensive, but now I'm likely gonna expand the rent range in my search efforts if it means getting out faster).

Sorry for the text wall. Just needed to vent here on my last vacation day before traveling back home since I'm stuck in a hotel room with everybody instead of my own room right now where I can fume in solitude. BI
jellyfishin

Previous

Return to Life Issues