I suck a writing! DX

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

I suck a writing! DX

Postby BloodyCow » March 16th, 2018, 6:54 am

Well, i suck at writing. I need a writer who could help with a story from the perspective of an artistic emo whos 17 years old, is in the 11th grade, and who's parents had recently died in a car crash(im an artistic emo so i can explain the P.O.V. of the main character, but i cant do a story at all!)
BloodyCow

Re: I suck a writing! DX

Postby eishiya » March 16th, 2018, 9:51 am

Are you venting, or seeking a co-writer? In the latter case, I recommend making a better-titled thread in the Creative Collaboration forum, as Life Issues is not the place writers go to find people to write with.

Writing is a skill that you can improve. Although getting someone else to write for you is a way to get your comic written a little faster (assuming you even find a writer who's significantly better), it'll also mean you'll be missing out on the massive improvement that comes from doing it yourself. Pin down the aspects of writing that you struggle with, and work on those, ideally one at a time if you can isolate them. If you list the things you feel the worst at, perhaps other people here can give you some tips on improving. And don't just say "everything" - putting in the work to break your problems down into manageable chunks is part of how you improve.
eishiya

Postby BloodyCow » March 19th, 2018, 7:04 am

eishiya wrote:Are you venting, or seeking a co-writer? In the latter case, I recommend making a better-titled thread in the Creative Collaboration forum, as Life Issues is not the place writers go to find people to write with.

Writing is a skill that you can improve. Although getting someone else to write for you is a way to get your comic written a little faster (assuming you even find a writer who's significantly better), it'll also mean you'll be missing out on the massive improvement that comes from doing it yourself. Pin down the aspects of writing that you struggle with, and work on those, ideally one at a time if you can isolate them. If you list the things you feel the worst at, perhaps other people here can give you some tips on improving. And don't just say "everything" - putting in the work to break your problems down into manageable chunks is part of how you improve.

I was mainly venting
BloodyCow

Postby JFP » April 30th, 2018, 11:39 am

The great things about comic books: you don't have to write a specific script if you're gonna be the only one reading it. You can write is as a poem, novel, movie script, play script, etc.

Take a look at David Mamet's script, entitled, Sexual Perversity In Chicago:

http://ouallinthetiming2011.blogspot.co ... cript.html

It's entirely dialogue-driven. If yer a person who is better at dialogue than description, then you can write your comic script like that. It's a real easy script to write.

If you're gonna be the only one reading your script: you can write it any damn way you like. Your comic, your rules.
JFP

Postby Otto Gruenwald » October 15th, 2018, 9:05 pm

Take your time and go through it slow. First drafts are always terrible, an you should go back through the draft at least twice before you publish it.
Otto Gruenwald

Postby EllisMatthews » November 13th, 2018, 1:42 am

Are you sure you want to go with the dead parents? It seems kind of cliched. If you want true writing advice, stick with topics that mean something to you personally; if you're just repeating trends, the story comes across as lifeless.
EllisMatthews

Return to Life Issues