What happened in Toronto...

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

What happened in Toronto...

Postby MK_Wizard » April 24th, 2018, 9:00 am

It should not have happened and hits me close to home because I happen to be Canadian. I take a lot of pride in living in one of the friendliest countries on Earth and to hear about an event in which a van is the murder weapon in a mass attack makes me sick. Car accidents and such happen all the time, but who has it in their heart to mow down people with their car on purpose? It's heart wrenching. It's not enough we have school shootings, criminals are now getting more creative in how they hurt other people?

Attacks like this should not become the new normal in any part of the world. If you suspect someone has dangerous tendencies, report it. Better to be a snitch than to hold your piece and wish you said something after other people paid the price. I really hope proper justice is served because there is no excuse for intentionally running over one person with your car let alone a whole group.
MK_Wizard

Re: What happened in Toronto...

Postby Quillpen » April 24th, 2018, 4:38 pm

That day in New York.
There was a similar attack last year in the spring (I think) in New York City. A person rammed their car into a shopping center, attempting to kill many people. The scariest part was... I was only two blocks down from the attack. Group field trip to the Muesums and sightseeing and stuff with some kids from my school. If we hadn’t stopped to rest for a few minutes, we would have been there.
We could have been hit.
We could have died.
I was still technically a bystander not a victim... but, it was still scary for me. I can only imagine what was going on in the heads of those victims- of any victim at all of something like that. It sickens me that people will do that sort of thing to other people. I’m looking for signs of another attempt. I can’t be fully ready but I’m prepared in every way I can be.
Pray for Toronto. And don’t just pray- take action to prevent more things like that.
Quillpen

Re: What happened in Toronto...

Postby MK_Wizard » April 25th, 2018, 9:19 am

I hear you, friend. It saddens me so much that people could have it in them to hurt other people like this. This should not become the new normal. We have to start taking action like supporting our cops more and fixing our justice system so that the criminals get caught and are given proper justice.
MK_Wizard

Return to Life Issues