Starting out with drawing with depression/anxiety

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Starting out with drawing with depression/anxiety

Postby Faerieflower » November 29th, 2018, 4:23 am

ShaRose49 wrote:I encourage you to move forward with your comic! It sounds like you have a supportive boyfriend and I’m glad.

I can definitely relate strongly to your depression and anxiety issues, I even gave up drawing for a long time because of my fear and some lies I believed. I wanna tell you that sometimes the fear doesn’t leave right away, and it can take a long time. But if you’ll move forward anyway, in spite of that fear or those terrible feelings of hopelessness, you won’t regret it. It will get better. Speak hope into your life, say the opposite of how your feeling. Feelings can be liars, and fear is probably the worst one.

Thank you for your reply :)

You are absolutely right about feelings and especially fear, often common sense and a bit of mindful thinking can help with that but those skills are lacking in me when I feel depressed ^^''

Anyhow, I haven't been practising at all lately, but finally starting again. I hope to create some kind of momentum soon enough, bit of a snowball effect is what I'm hoping for really.
Faerieflower

Previous

Return to Life Issues