I'm a new artist but sux at it

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

I'm a new artist but sux at it

Postby Firebox Studios » November 13th, 2018, 10:00 am

Hey ya'll. Well,I guess I am Pansexual,depressed (for actually real reasons. unlike whiny kids nowadays.) I have anorexia (Cuz I despise my body.) I am also trans.

But fuck all that stuff. Hey! :) I am a new artist here and I have only copied stuff from the internet. I wanna start a comic idea but idk how to. It is about society never wanting mistakes or emotions anymore. They developed a new drink. TheY call it 'To Your Success'. If you drink it,it eliminates chances to make a mistake but prolonged use will remove your emotional attachments. The protag is a flourishing poet and he tries to limit the times he takes the drink.
Firebox Studios

Re: I'm a new artist but sux at it

Postby Smopit » November 13th, 2018, 10:37 am

Do you need advice on how to start a comic on Smackjeeves? Or just start a comic in general?

If it's to start a comic in general, you will get some great and more-knowledgeable-than-me-advice here in this forum. But I wanted to throw in the books Understanding Comics and Making Comics by Scott McCloud. They are great resources for anyone wanting to learn about comics.
Smopit

Re: I'm a new artist but sux at it

Postby mitchellbravo » November 14th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Hi Firebox Studios! I'm also interested to know the aim of your post, since the Life Issues forum is mostly for people who are venting or otherwise discussing something personal. Do you want this conversation to go more in that direction? Or are you more interested in talking about your comic? If it's the latter, you may want to post in one of these forums:
viewforum.php?f=23 Self Promotion
viewforum.php?f=19 Creative Showcase
viewforum.php?f=21 Art Tutorials and Techniques
Or in the Your Day in Webcomics thread.

If this is more just an introduction post to say hi to everyone, we can move it to the Introduce Yourself Here thread.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Return to Life Issues