Studying and webcomics

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Studying and webcomics

Postby Dave Hornet » February 5th, 2019, 2:47 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:
Dave Hornet wrote:Hmmmmm---I'm about to graduate High School and I just wanted to know what college is like and my mum's constantly telling me that I'll have to drop drawing when I begin college
With the looks of it, I might have to

Take a year off between high school and college if at all possible. Get a job or something, step back from studying for a while. That may not seem relevant to the topic, but it is.

Also, while you'll never have to stop drawing, be it for college or job or what have you, it's likely you won't be able to keep up with a regular comic production schedule while you're studying. And you shouldn't, there's a lot for you to experience in the next few years and you should experience it rather than worrying about getting a page of your webcomic done. Comics will be there later, whenever you want them, but those experiences probably won't.

Alright, I'll keep that in mind, thanks
Dave Hornet

Previous

Return to Life Issues