The optimistic thread

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: The optimistic thread

Postby Captain Ghost » May 5th, 2019, 12:34 am

Things have been looking up of late and I'm really grateful.
It's incredible and just... i can't even describe how it feels to go from having perpetually zero energy and always coming home and being too anxious to get much of anything done to just, actually being able to Do stuff that I want to do?? Even if some nights I still overestimate a bit (... am working on being more realistic), it's leagues ahead of a couple months ago and just...

finally.

There's still a long road ahead on a lot of stuff and I have no idea where i wanna go in the next few years, which is kinda new to me, but I think it'll be okay not knowing for now~ just enjoying the present.

Today was neat! hit up a craft fair at my old high school, the local comic con was a lot bigger than i thought it would be, hit that up, too, found some cute stuff!
haircut, checked out a new sweets place and got yummy ice cream + macarons, bought blackout curtains (hisses at the early morning sun) & work shoes, mowed the lawn.....

anyway I'm rambling but just... wanted to get all of this out somewhere. I'd always thought myself a mostly optimistic person but that took a serious dive this past year or two and it finally feels like I can maybe be that person again.
Captain Ghost

Postby UrbanMysticDee » May 5th, 2019, 4:54 pm

Firefox decided it no longer wanted the Internet to be safe and disabled all addons, and then wants you to download the shit new version 66 that spys on you and has no usable features, so I switched to Waterfox and now the Internet is safe again and treats me like an adult and lets me download any addon I want, even if Big Brother doesn't approve of them. The Internet works again and I am happy.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby mitchellbravo » May 13th, 2019, 3:28 pm

I MAY BE TIRED BUT AT LEAST I STOPPED MYSELF FROM FLIPPING THE OVEN PIZZA "TO HELP IT COOK EVENLY"
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Soft Dorito » July 26th, 2019, 2:17 pm

So I posted in the vent thread about some of the crap from my last job, and today arrived to my temp gig to a nice note thanking me for a great 1st week and have gotten so many compliments today. It's really nice to be appreciated.
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Vitotamito » July 28th, 2019, 6:50 pm

I haven't posted in a while, but I just had a really insanely positive day today. After losing my dream job a few months back, I got an editing gig doing videos for a youtube channel, and I finished my first video, which launched today, and it's on track to get like, 4-5 million views in one day. It's insane and surreal that this is just what I'm going to be doing now two weeks a month. I've always been like, okay at editing at best, but I hopped right in and picked up where the last guy left off whose been editing professionally for over a decade. FEELS GOOD.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Raging Ghost » August 5th, 2019, 12:48 am

I finally got a corgi. ...did I already posted about that in the past on this forum?
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » August 5th, 2019, 3:35 pm

It's awesome seeing so much positivity in this thread lately. I should post about how awesome my life has been too, I'm just weirdly shy about this, but HERE GOES!
I've been in a relationship with SJ's Sentiashinou for almost a year now and it's been the most amazing, wonderful thing ever! I've never been so happy, nor have I ever been able to walk through life with so much confidence and so little anxiety. (Sorry if you read this while lurking the forums and get embarrassed, but I couldn't help but gush about it here, haha. <3)

And the crazy thing is I have this site to thank for it. If it weren't for SJ we'd probably never meet, let alone find the courage to get to know each other and visit each other. It's like the stars aligned in so many ways, and I've just been full of appreciation for this place and all the people who read WOE and encouraged me and made me want to make this my life, and all the people who posted here in the forums and befriended me and made this place my online home-away-from-home. Life is awesome.

Raging Ghost wrote:I finally got a corgi. ...did I already posted about that in the past on this forum?

I've seen the pics on FB and she's a real cutie.
Seven Rain

Postby ebonykun » August 8th, 2019, 6:32 am

I was able to figure out some CSS stuff for my comic site. It's simple and cute, the way I want it, and I'm really pleased! I'm still adding more things to it, so far making pictures to pretty it up has been fun.

I've also reached my 250 pages milestone -- hurrah! Hope I can keep on and reach 500, and then, if possible -- 1000!
ebonykun

Postby Gibson Twist » August 9th, 2019, 11:44 am

Seven Rain wrote:I've been in a relationship with SJ's Sentiashinou for almost a year now.

Hey, that's fantastic! Good news, high fives!
Gibson Twist

Postby sentiashinou » August 9th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:I've been in a relationship with SJ's Sentiashinou for almost a year now.

<3
sentiashinou

Postby Seven Rain » August 9th, 2019, 11:35 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:

Thanks my man, high fives indeed!
Seven Rain

Postby UrbanMysticDee » August 11th, 2019, 2:16 am

It took about 6 hours but I think I finally got Windows 10 to stop updating permanently. That almost makes Windows 10 usable. Almost.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby mitchellbravo » August 16th, 2019, 8:28 am

Seven Rain wrote:MUSHY STUFF

This is so lovely to hear and I'm thrilled for both of you :D :D
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Seven Rain » August 17th, 2019, 4:55 am

mitchellbravo wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:MUSHY STUFF

This is so lovely to hear and I'm thrilled for both of you :D :D

Thank you~
I hope the mushy stuff brightens some days in here like it brightens mine, hahaaa.
Seven Rain

Postby Vitotamito » August 22nd, 2019, 7:01 pm

Seven's Relationship Post

Man, it's stuff like this that reminds me how much I miss being around here more. What a truly great community where anything can happen.

Also congrats!!
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

PreviousNext

Return to Life Issues