Your Funeral

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Your Funeral

Postby Prime » March 28th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Stupid MF playing full blast, and be buried with a Playstation 3.

And some guy playing Resident Evil 4.

and AC/DC.

And everyone will get drunk :)
AWWW YEAH. IT JUST GOT REAL *Puts on sunglasses*

I am a member of the Ultimate Badass Crew of Badasses.
Prime

Postby tezzle » March 28th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Prime wrote:Stupid MF playing full blast, and be buried with a Playstation 3.

Hopefully by the time you die there will be quite a few generations of Sony consoles to come after that one. So you might want to rephrase that. Unless you're going for nostalgia, in which case I'd go for something a bit more traditional like a PS1 or a NES or have a second grave bought next to yours and bury a stand-up arcade game in it.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Prime » March 28th, 2011, 7:44 pm

I want to be buried with a N64, Gamecube, PS3, up to PS10 if it gets that far, SNES, and a NES.

Oh, and with a copy of Super Metroid, Mario World, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Goldeneye 007, Zelda : Oot and Shigeru Miyamoto to come to my funeral. And I need a 50 foot tall SNES.
AWWW YEAH. IT JUST GOT REAL *Puts on sunglasses*

I am a member of the Ultimate Badass Crew of Badasses.
Prime

Postby Applekai13 » March 28th, 2011, 7:58 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:
Applekai13 wrote:B) Mixed into paint, and have it made into a beautiful painting, maybe a self portrait

I'm quite interested to know how one would make a self-portrait with their own ashes.

Haha! Good point. What I meant is it would be a picture OF me XD

I'm watching you..... so you better not steal my cookie.

Check out my SKETCHBOOK! -> AppleKai's Sketchbook
Applekai13

Postby Guest » March 28th, 2011, 8:40 pm

I want to be buried,No where near any church though (I haven't entered a church since last summer but that doesn't count because it was a greek wedding and i only went for the free food at the reception...I hated not wearing pants)
Maybe put my ashes on a beach? or in the ocean? I'd like to be close to water
Oh and I want a huge party after,with loot bags because no party is good without loot bags!
and only happy music should be played,and the song to my girlfriend (if i have one)
because whenever I date a girl i've always made a love song "our song"
And i'll get my friends to play all my favorite songs off my Mp3
(But my laptop that stays with me)
And if I don't finish my comic by then my last words will be me telling my friend how it ends so she can draw the rest of it for me

Postby Elastikid » March 29th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Hmmm... my funeral...

I don't want people to be overly sad at my funeral. Then again, I don't want people to bottle-up their emotions either. It should be an honest expression of how everyone feels.

My opinion is that funerals are for the living... They aren't for the benefit of the person who has passed away, they are for the benefit of those left behind in the void after that person has departed.

I'd probably have my father give the eulogy proper. Then I would ask that everyone attending who knew me well enough got up and said something about a shared experience I had with them. Something that left an impression on them.

Afterwards... I think the Irish probably have the best idea. You get drunk and have a celebration of that person's life, you reminisce about the person who died and the times you shared with them. You laugh, you cry, you hug each other and are there for each other.
Elastikid

Postby Sasoman » March 30th, 2011, 2:54 pm

Just realized this is in life issues...te he

I'll have two funerals, one I'll emerge and declare a miracle, the other I'll be dead, so I don't particularly care what happens.
Last edited by Sasoman on March 30th, 2011, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasoman

Postby MacSimon » March 30th, 2011, 3:39 pm

...I think i stick with what tezzle said, the funeral is for the living, maybe our choice or burial and dispose it's the part that we get to choose.
That, and the song, and if any religious prescence appears.
MacSimon

Postby blackmoongirl2424 » March 30th, 2011, 11:39 pm

Mmmm I've thought about it alot:
I want a casket of the shape of a Coca-Cola can OR a Reese peanut butter cup (the box/bag considering it'd be weird for them to prop by corpse to fit into a circle)
I want a huge party with a lot of fun and loud music
This must play during the "Viewing" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjX2KYuAJcA
And THIS during my burial and they have to take out a bottle/can of Coca-Cola and make a toast~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbDN8FxMGEg
If I wanted to be crazy I'd do like a famous cartoonist and have myself cremated and the bits of my bones left smashed so I can be put into the printer for my comics everyone that likes my stuff can have a little piece of me. owo
blackmoongirl2424

Postby avian-reader » March 31st, 2011, 1:38 am

reverendjack wrote:i think it would be awesome if i could fake my own death, then preside over my own funeral without anyone knowing. like, fat-suit, fake mustache, and fake accent-style...
Don't you think dressing as this guy is kinda conspicuous?

tezzle wrote:have a second grave bought next to yours and bury a stand-up arcade game in it.
You could always be buried inside one of those :)

Personally, I would love to have a Sky Burial. Only thing is, I don't think it would be allowed over here, and this might happen.

I agree with Tezzle on this one of course, and the most options I'm getting from Mum is which hymms, lol. So it's Colours of Day, Blessed Be God (awesome hymm), and some other one I can't remember. I do demand an organ though, even if it's just on a keyboard. Folk bands just spoil it for me personally, and I don't think people join in as much as with organ music.
Last edited by avian-reader on March 31st, 2011, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby darkenergy » March 31st, 2011, 1:55 am

Sky burial would be badass. Personally I would like to have it done in a place where children might see what's happening. Best way to impact lives is early trauma, right? :D

Anyway, in all seriousness I demand everyone be smashed and happy. Cremation is the one I've generally gone for, but I need to see how ecofriendly it is. No use aerosolizing all the yummy toxins inside me.
darkenergy

Postby avian-reader » March 31st, 2011, 2:04 am

darkenergy wrote:Sky burial would be badass. Personally I would like to have it done in a place where children might see what's happening. Best way to impact lives is early trauma, right? :D

Anyway, in all seriousness I demand everyone be smashed and happy. Cremation is the one I've generally gone for, but I need to see how ecofriendly it is. No use aerosolizing all the yummy toxins inside me.

Woohoo for child trauma!

Could always go in for resomation, so long as you are cool with being dissolved. Sounds better than burning I have to say, and you could be smashed too, or at least your bones can be. Or you could always give your body to Von Hagen, who will no doubt still be around due to some freak accidental full body plastination.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby darkenergy » March 31st, 2011, 2:32 am

avian-reader wrote:
darkenergy wrote:Sky burial would be badass. Personally I would like to have it done in a place where children might see what's happening. Best way to impact lives is early trauma, right? :D

Woohoo for child trauma!

Could always go in for resomation, so long as you are cool with being dissolved. Sounds better than burning I have to say, and you could be smashed too, or at least your bones can be. Or you could always give your body to Von Hagen, who will no doubt still be around due to some freak accidental full body plastination.

Oooh, that's pretty exciting. Medical science is another thing I'd go for (Von Hagen is badass, but the whole pure 'art' thing is kind of disappointing)! Although...forensics science would be even more fun. I hope the Body Farm never closes.
darkenergy

Postby Guest » April 4th, 2011, 5:25 pm

THERE WILL BE NINJAS FUCKING EVERYWHERE AND IT WILL BE SWEET.

Postby Amante » April 4th, 2011, 5:28 pm

///// wrote:THERE WILL BE NINJAS FUCKING EVERYWHERE AND IT WILL BE SWEET.

Ninjas having sex everywhere?
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

PreviousNext

Return to Life Issues