post traumatic stress

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: post traumatic stress

Postby corruption » April 16th, 2011, 3:32 am

stripedwine wrote:
corruption wrote:What gives you idea I am 14?


It would be sad if you were any older.

Again: you're not really fit to give advice on this issue, or really any issue posted in this forum. I could go into a big long shpeal about psycho-analyzing you using your first post, but I'm not because it wouldn't be appropriate.

Antitime, Gibs basically has it right. Good luck.


I would be interested in that. Send it to me via private message. I could use a good laugh.
Being a wacko allows me to see things people normally miss, and only a wacko and truely understand another wacko's mind. I worked very hard on twisting my mind to be this crazy, and I love it!

Oh, and so you know, I'm in my late 20's
We are all corrupt in our own ways
User avatar
corruption
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: January 20th, 2008, 7:51 pm

Re: post traumatic stress

Postby blankd » April 16th, 2011, 4:19 am

corruption wrote:Being a wacko allows me to see things people normally miss, and only a wacko and truely understand another wacko's mind. I worked very hard on twisting my mind to be this crazy, and I love it!

Oh, and so you know, I'm in my late 20's

Your "helpfulness" has outstayed it's welcome. Your logic is flawed and will harm more people than help, I politely request that you cease posting in the "life issues" unless you have some credible reason to try anything you suggest (ie: Actual experience on the matter or basic studies/research(. "Crazy only understands crazy" is precisely the reason why should should desist, almost all of your "advice" in this subforum serves only to harm/hinder the person asking for help in the long run.

Just because the idea is different doesn't mean it's a good idea.
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
User avatar
blankd
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 12:43 am
Location: computer

Re: post traumatic stress

Postby Antitime » April 16th, 2011, 9:57 am

corruption wrote:
stripedwine wrote:
corruption wrote:What gives you idea I am 14?


It would be sad if you were any older.

Again: you're not really fit to give advice on this issue, or really any issue posted in this forum. I could go into a big long shpeal about psycho-analyzing you using your first post, but I'm not because it wouldn't be appropriate.

Antitime, Gibs basically has it right. Good luck.


I would be interested in that. Send it to me via private message. I could use a good laugh.
Being a wacko allows me to see things people normally miss, and only a wacko and truely understand another wacko's mind. I worked very hard on twisting my mind to be this crazy, and I love it!

Oh, and so you know, I'm in my late 20's

I've tried to be civil to you, but honestly, everyone else is right- you're obnoxious, you're delusional, and you're not in the least bit helpful. And I am not the sort to insult people at random, feel 'special' in knowing that I strongly dislike you and your poisonous personality.
I would disagree that one would have to be a 'wacko' to understand another wacko. I've been to the point of insanity before, it is not fun, it is not cute, and I would never go back. I smashed things, I stole things, I laughed hysterically one minute and cried the next. That is what it's like to be crazy. Crazy is not a fun, quirky way of looking at things, it is an unstable, dangerous way to live, and I'm lucky I'm even alive after all the suicide attempts. If you enjoy being delusional and sick, have fun living out the rest of your life in isolation, it won't be a long one.
On top of that, my teacher is not insane. She is a woman who has witnessed terrible things and is to the point where she is in need of someone kind and understanding to listen to her, even if it's her own student. The others were right, and you're wrong. You may believe that thinking outside the box is a good thing, and it can be. My experiences have taught me to be open-minded to other people's problems and to look past the facade people put up to look healthy. You're probably thinking to yourself 'how open-minded can someone be if they won't accept my crazy.'
I have one exception: I don't relate myself to sociopaths.
that's from one 'wacko' to another.
Image
The_Hankerchief wrote:Why choose when you can have 'em all? That's right, I'm talking about a Smack Jeeves Orgy!
User avatar
Antitime
 
Posts: 616
Joined: June 21st, 2007, 7:36 pm

Re: post traumatic stress

Postby Amante » April 16th, 2011, 12:09 pm

Antitime wrote:I've tried to be civil to you, but honestly, everyone else is right- you're obnoxious, you're delusional, and you're not in the least bit helpful. And I am not the sort to insult people at random, feel 'special' in knowing that I strongly dislike you and your poisonous personality.
I would disagree that one would have to be a 'wacko' to understand another wacko. I've been to the point of insanity before, it is not fun, it is not cute, and I would never go back. I smashed things, I stole things, I laughed hysterically one minute and cried the next. That is what it's like to be crazy. Crazy is not a fun, quirky way of looking at things, it is an unstable, dangerous way to live, and I'm lucky I'm even alive after all the suicide attempts. If you enjoy being delusional and sick, have fun living out the rest of your life in isolation, it won't be a long one.
On top of that, my teacher is not insane. She is a woman who has witnessed terrible things and is to the point where she is in need of someone kind and understanding to listen to her, even if it's her own student. The others were right, and you're wrong. You may believe that thinking outside the box is a good thing, and it can be. My experiences have taught me to be open-minded to other people's problems and to look past the facade people put up to look healthy. You're probably thinking to yourself 'how open-minded can someone be if they won't accept my crazy.'
I have one exception: I don't relate myself to sociopaths.
that's from one 'wacko' to another.

Not to mention it isn't very right to take pride in the fact that you're a "wacko" and tell everyone about it unless it's superficial.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
User avatar
Amante
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 6:52 pm

Re: post traumatic stress

Postby Antitime » April 16th, 2011, 12:25 pm

No crazy person wants to be called a wacko. Only someone who desperately wants attention and craves individuality because their life is a mundane shithole would want that. I'm sorry, but someone hit a nerve, and anyone who knows me knows how calm and understanding I usually am. :(
Image
The_Hankerchief wrote:Why choose when you can have 'em all? That's right, I'm talking about a Smack Jeeves Orgy!
User avatar
Antitime
 
Posts: 616
Joined: June 21st, 2007, 7:36 pm

Re: post traumatic stress

Postby corruption » April 18th, 2011, 4:44 am

I admit I am a bit strange, and I often go astray when talking about matters. I also don't get my points across clearly, so I often offend people without trying. I also make assumptions based on peoples discriptions as I would use other ways to discribe the same things.

I also admit I was a bit out of line with "only a wacko and truely understand another wacko's mind." There are many types of people considered wacko. I am an eccentric myself, a whole different legue from many of the people who came seeking help here. I did not mean "wacko" to mean as insane or crazy.

Here are the points I was trying to make before, but in a way that is without most of my usual and often annoying ways of expressing myself.

Let us hope it get's things back on track

Some people can't deal with traumatic experiances when they happen. What they do is carry on trying to live their life, but are in a kind of shock.

Sometimes they do things to carry on they normally would not do as they are not thinking clearly. They do what they think they should be doing.

She will eventually come out of the shock, but if it is sudden, it can be very bad. If it is slow, then she can deal with it over a longer period of time, but in a more managable way. It will not be so horrible for her.

If you start to point out how she is refusing to deal with it, she will be forced to face it. It may start her slowly dealing with it, but it is risky. You may drive her away, or remove the state she is in suddenly. You don't know what will happen.

Now for new stuff

Looking back over the first entry, it seems she is coming out of that state of mind. If she does not have anyone to help her then she will not deal with it slowly. Talk with her, but be careful not to press her hard.

She may not be able to deal with stress normally while dealing with PTS. Also she may at times want you to leave her alone, as she may be having trouble dealing with it, and not want anyone to realize what she is going through. Just accept that and continue to helping her like you normally do. That is one way to let her know you are there in case she wants your help.

Also, I think that you may want to consider that she may have what is called Survivor's guilt. It when someone feels guilty they survived when other's died. You can try looking into that for ideas.
We are all corrupt in our own ways
User avatar
corruption
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: January 20th, 2008, 7:51 pm

Previous

Return to Life Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests