Looking for a good new Read.

Discuss specific genres here. If your post fits into one of the subforums, post it there.

Looking for a good new Read.

Postby Guest » May 6th, 2013, 1:19 pm

Hi!

Currently I'm looking for a good webcomic read. I wanted to know if theres any webcomics that anyone knows of that is mature (but not in the BL, sex, or Blood sense but it could have those) that also deals in social, political, economic, etc serious themes?

Thank you!

Re: Looking for a good new Read.

Postby Hatter98 » July 22nd, 2013, 11:57 pm

Wow, no one?

Under the dead skies and ae-02 (I don't know if it's political, but it seems good)
Hatter98

Postby dal segno » February 21st, 2014, 1:31 am

Doomsday, My Dear is a good match!
dal segno

Postby HABE » February 21st, 2014, 1:01 pm

Rindesei wrote:Hi!

Currently I'm looking for a good webcomic read. I wanted to know if theres any webcomics that anyone knows of that is mature (but not in the BL, sex, or Blood sense but it could have those) that also deals in social, political, economic, etc serious themes?

Thank you!

My all-time favorite Webcomic, Unsounded, has all those things and more. There are two volumes worth of story ready to immerse yourself in, and a healthy amount of side discussions about the world on the creator's Formspring to keep the fun going between its thrice-weekly updates.
http://unsoundedcomic.com/
HABE

Postby cebap » February 21st, 2014, 1:15 pm

I don't know if it's too political, but Haru-Sari has beautiful art, a serious plot, and very well thought out characters.
cebap

Postby ChibiSilverWings » March 3rd, 2014, 4:10 am

Dunno if it's kosher to suggest myself here but http://morphe.thewebcomic.com/ it's mature, and serious, though I'm not positive this is the kind of mature you're looking for?

Again, not sure if this is what you're after but, one that is super duper R-rated NC-17 that is gorey and very explicit. Trigger warning and warning for anything offensive that you can possibly think of, is Jack. Which I'm not going to link, google "Jack webcomic" and you'll find it. It's very much not for everyone, plus it's a furry webcomic, but I sure as heck can't think of too many other comics like it willing to go into such dark territory.
ChibiSilverWings

Postby Kikcac » March 3rd, 2014, 4:31 am

These two, Kanazato Funeral Planning Service deals with serious issues, politics too, if I remember well, and the story seems to have depth. I like it a lot it's also quite long now, so you have lots to read. Also it's divided into one-shots telling the adventures of the main characters. And Stolen, it contains homosexual theme, sets in a science-fiction world and also deals with it's politics.
These two are one of my favorites and I think they deserve more audiences, if you gave them a check, I'd be good if you tell me how you feel.
Kikcac

Return to Genre-Specific Discussion