Any Sonic style comics?

Discuss specific genres here. If your post fits into one of the subforums, post it there.

Any Sonic style comics?

Postby Meleeman » January 5th, 2014, 1:24 pm

Idunno. I just feel like the only one out there on smackjeeves. I just wondered if there is anyone else trying to do what I'm doing.

I do realize it's not a popular artstyle, but the story is kind of the thing for me about comics i guess. The art style is just the medium to tell the story in. While alot of times it helps attract readers, the story I feel is the most important.
Meleeman

Re: Any Sonic style comics?

Postby eishiya » January 5th, 2014, 1:55 pm

You might want to look around in dA's Sonic groups. I've seen a lot of Sonic-style comics on dA, but not so many on SJ. It seems like most artists who work in that style aren't very serious about comics, which is probably why they stick to dA. Although it's just a style as you said, it's quite limited (mostly due to the obvious Sonicness of it), so artists who want to do more than just Sonic and Sonic-esque stories move on to less derivative styles (or styles derivative of something else, in some cases).
eishiya

Postby Meleeman » January 5th, 2014, 4:05 pm

so I guess i'm the only one who is seriously trying to use it. That makes me feel better. at the same token i'm trying to put an original story with an unoriginal artstyle that is limited and attempting to compensate for it.
Meleeman

Postby robybang » January 5th, 2014, 5:27 pm

Are you looking for drawn Sonic comics or sprites?

If it's the latter, throw a rock and you'll likely hit one on SJ. If it's drawn, there's not that many. A few good Sonic style artists have came and left, so some really good stuff I can't link to.

Right now, the only person on here that I can think of that does pure Sonic-style drawing is Saphire321.
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby Meleeman » January 6th, 2014, 1:13 pm

definetly the drawn are nice. I hate people who do sprite comics.
Meleeman

Return to Genre-Specific Discussion