What is this consider?

Discuss specific genres here. If your post fits into one of the subforums, post it there.

What is this consider?

Postby alibb » October 21st, 2014, 2:07 am

http://writefanfics.com/storypage.php?id=158

I am not sure if this consider a comic novel or ilkustration novel or something else ...

Its basically one "story" or topic per page n not a long story with my chapters.

Help/critics would be much appreciated, thx
alibb

Re: What is this consider?

Postby eishiya » October 21st, 2014, 8:24 am

If you want help and critique, you're in the wrong forum. Try the Creative Showcase, or nominate it for a review.

It looks like a type of strip comic, since each strip is driven by visuals meant to be read in sequence. A lot of comics take the format of presenting a random idea per strip accompanied by narration rather than dialogue. The fact that it's a different idea with each page is par for course with comic strips (versus long-form comics which carry a narrative between pages).
I don't think you need to worry about that though. Categories don't mean much, and even for marketing purposes, they tend to filter people out rather than entice them. Present and advertise your story based on its merits, not on its categories.
eishiya

Re: What is this consider?

Postby alibb » October 21st, 2014, 11:11 am

eishiya wrote:If you want help and critique, you're in the wrong forum. Try the Creative Showcase, or nominate it for a review.

It looks like a type of strip comic, since each strip is driven by visuals meant to be read in sequence. A lot of comics take the format of presenting a random idea per strip accompanied by narration rather than dialogue. The fact that it's a different idea with each page is par for course with comic strips (versus long-form comics which carry a narrative between pages).
I don't think you need to worry about that though. Categories don't mean much, and even for marketing purposes, they tend to filter people out rather than entice them. Present and advertise your story based on its merits, not on its categories.

:D :D noted, thanks
alibb

Return to Genre-Specific Discussion