Historical Fiction

Discuss specific genres here. If your post fits into one of the subforums, post it there.

Historical Fiction

Postby ElleMakesComics » October 21st, 2014, 11:41 am

Hi!
I'm trying to build a community of Historical Fiction comic creators. Does anyone know of any historical fiction comics? (Especially that are on-going?)

-Elle
My Historical Fiction webcomic, btw: http://christmastrucecomic.com/
ElleMakesComics

Re: Historical Fiction

Postby eishiya » October 21st, 2014, 11:55 am

Please don't advertise your own comic outside of the Self-Promotion forum. You're welcome to have a link to it in your signature, but putting it in your post makes the entire post come off as a sneaky attempt to advertise.

There are too many historical comics on SJ to list. And if you include historical fantasy, that list grows even more. A quick glance through the hot & upcoming and popular sections on the main page should give you many comics to look at, and you could search as well (some use "historical" in their descriptions, many other use specific era names, e.g. "Victorian", "Medieval", "Roman", etc).

If you're hoping to use what people post here as a starting point to contacting authors and asking them to join your community, I think that's a bad idea. Instead, make the community, link to it from your signature and SJ profile, and post in relevant threads on the forum and on historical comics you like. Let people discover your community through those links instead of bugging them about it, they'll be more inclined to join that way.
eishiya

Postby Zico » January 31st, 2015, 1:16 pm

ElleMakesComics wrote:Hi!
I'm trying to build a community of Historical Fiction comic creators. Does anyone know of any historical fiction comics? (Especially that are on-going?)

I'd love to be in that community. In my comic (which I'm not trying to advertise I'm just talking to Elle I swear please don't yell at me eishiya TT___TT) I'm trying to get a bit serious about the historical background, but research is pretty hard!

I thinck it would be great if there was such a community where authors could help each other, answer questions and share sources. That would make research more bearable.
Sorry for my bad english...

Zico

Postby UrbanMysticDee » February 1st, 2015, 3:24 am

Zico wrote:I thinck it would be great if there was such a community where authors could help each other, answer questions and share sources. That would make research more bearable.

Research is the fun part.

I don't have any historical comics, unless 2012 counts as history, since it is in the past, but if there are going to be questions and answers and research then I'd definitely like to get in on the ground floor of this community.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby davehearn9159 » August 28th, 2015, 2:54 pm

I wonder If there are comics about World War Two, maybe you should looking for that way....
davehearn9159

Postby manbatwithamanhat » May 16th, 2017, 1:01 am

A historical comic community would be great! Mine isn't exactly historical fiction, but it is set in the 80s and I spend a surprising amount of time making sure stuff like the outfits and the songs playing on the radio are at least semi-appropriate. It would be GREAT to have a forum to vent about it. Plus I have a fair amount of sites I use for easy research I'd be happy to share and get some from other people.
manbatwithamanhat

Return to Genre-Specific Discussion