A furry/Anthro post apocalyptic comic?

Discuss specific genres here. If your post fits into one of the subforums, post it there.

A furry/Anthro post apocalyptic comic?

Postby JackieSkullz » October 2nd, 2015, 6:02 pm

I would like to discuss about this genre with people who may have interest seeing/reading a comic based around anthropomorphic characters in a post apocalyptic setting. I have been discussing this with my partner, who is very emerged in this setting, on how we would go about making this comic in which he countered with,"There is a lot of inspiration": inspiring this idea are like "State of Decay", "The Last of Us", "Fallout", and even some movies/shows like "The Walking Dead." Of course, he has always been sort of a prepared when the shit hits the fan sort of guy, and has always enjoyed his zombie games/movies/shows. So we want to go with a zombie like atmosphere. Other then that, we plan to have fun but keep things logical.

Basically, I am curious on how many people would like to read this type of comic and the opinions, etc. =)
JackieSkullz

Re: A furry/Anthro post apocalyptic comic?

Postby eishiya » October 2nd, 2015, 6:24 pm

If it's good, people will read it. There's nothing you've said so far that rings any alarm bells, that is, you haven't mentioned anything that would turn many people away. If it's the furry thing you're worried about - there's still a plentiful audience from among people who don't dislike them. Your setting should get you plenty of readers who wouldn't normally read comics with furries. But, for all that - if your comic isn't interesting, even people who love furries and post-apocalyptic settings won't stick around.
eishiya

Postby JackieSkullz » October 2nd, 2015, 6:44 pm

eishiya wrote:If it's good, people will read it. There's nothing you've said so far that rings any alarm bells, that is, you haven't mentioned anything that would turn many people away. If it's the furry thing you're worried about - there's still a plentiful audience from among people who don't dislike them. Your setting should get you plenty of readers who wouldn't normally read comics with furries. But, for all that - if your comic isn't interesting, even people who love furries and post-apocalyptic settings won't stick around.

In terms, we are still developing the story plot but are happy that we have a general idea of the theme, but I completely agree with you. I think the theme will draw attention from viewers who don't normally read content with anthropomorphic characters but I think I was questioning readers if there was interest in this sort of thing that includes furry/anthro, not necessarily worried about the humor side. For I think there should always be some "reliefs" in these type of stories- not just a fight for life. I am concerned a little about the possibility of 'lack of interest' if our story plot isn't well developed, this is still a fresh idea on our heads so it'll be awhile. Thank you for leaving a reply though! I appreciate the opinion.
JackieSkullz

Postby Kale470 » January 22nd, 2016, 1:29 am

I think this would be a good idea. How would the zombies or something look like?
Kale470

Postby Indagold » January 23rd, 2016, 3:03 pm

I think probably first and foremost not go for any clashing colors of any character. I noticed most furry artists have a lot of neon colored characters and that would be weird in a dim, post apocalyptic earth. I don't really know your style though, so I wouldn't know. I kinda get an image of post apocolyptic anthros looking like the cat that's rummaging through your garbage hahaha... the more grungy the better.
Indagold

Return to Genre-Specific Discussion