What are some comics about high school?

Discuss specific genres here. If your post fits into one of the subforums, post it there.

What are some comics about high school?

Postby Randumbz » July 27th, 2011, 1:49 pm

I want to read some comics about high school or life in high school so i can make some comic strips. Can you tell some good comics?
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Re: What are some comics about high school?

Postby Randumbz » July 27th, 2011, 3:25 pm

Wow, you guys are REALLY helpful :/
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Guest » July 27th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Well, there aren't that many that I could think of that are that good... And don't expect everyone to be right on top of this.

Postby Randumbz » July 27th, 2011, 3:58 pm

theawesomepizzaman wrote:Well, there aren't that many that I could think of that are that good... And don't expect everyone to be right on top of this.

i was just hoping that at least one person would say something. and nobody did...
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Rosie11 » July 27th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Well, you're welcome to check out my comic, Club Love, which is about high school students.

One of my favorite comics not on SmackJeeves is El Goonish Shive, which mixes typical high school stuff with magic and aliens.
Rosie11

Postby Randumbz » July 27th, 2011, 4:15 pm

Rosie11 wrote:Well, you're welcome to check out my comic, Club Love, which is about high school students.

One of my favorite comics not on SmackJeeves is El Goonish Shive, which mixes typical high school stuff with magic and aliens.

thanks for the suggestions, but i already read club love
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby mitchellbravo » July 27th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Lol, well you only waited two hours for somebody to reply to your initial post before deciding nobody could help you, so I'm not sure that anything I suggest would be to your liking, if you're that impatient.

Maybe google "high school" and "webcomic." There's a lot of high school-set webcomics here on this very site, not really that hard to find. I can't say for sure which ones you would like though.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Mitani » July 27th, 2011, 5:49 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:Lol, well you only waited two hours for somebody to reply to your initial post before deciding nobody could help you, so I'm not sure that anything I suggest would be to your liking, if you're that impatient.

Maybe google "high school" and "webcomic." There's a lot of high school-set webcomics here on this very site, not really that hard to find. I can't say for sure which ones you would like though.

THIS.

^This whole post says it all. ^
Mitani

Postby blankd » July 27th, 2011, 7:17 pm

You know I'm pretty sure 90% of the romances and yaoi/BL on this site take place in [level] schools, would you care to read those? (lololol)

In all honesty the best way to write [level] school comics is to draw from your own school life (though really, media is over-saturated with school settings). There really isn't a whole lot of difference between them.
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby Randumbz » July 28th, 2011, 7:31 am

thanks for the help guys. i couldn' help being impatient. i really wanted help. plus i'm a kid lol. but i looked up "high school comic" "high school comic strip" and "high school comic book" on google and didn't find anything. that's why i came here. i want to read anything that has to do with high school (no yaoi/bl though).
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby blankd » July 28th, 2011, 7:37 am

Randumbz wrote:thanks for the help guys. i couldn' help being impatient. i really wanted help. plus i'm a kid lol. but i looked up "high school comic" "high school comic strip" and "high school comic book" on google and didn't find anything. that's why i came here. i want to read anything that has to do with high school (no yaoi/bl though).

Try without quotes next time.

Also there are a bazillion manga with [level] schools mentioned- still, what are you using these comics to specifically reference?
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby Randumbz » July 28th, 2011, 7:46 am

blankd wrote:
Randumbz wrote:thanks for the help guys. i couldn' help being impatient. i really wanted help. plus i'm a kid lol. but i looked up "high school comic" "high school comic strip" and "high school comic book" on google and didn't find anything. that's why i came here. i want to read anything that has to do with high school (no yaoi/bl though).

Try without quotes next time.

Also there are a bazillion manga with [level] schools mentioned- still, what are you using these comics to specifically reference?

i want to make a really funny comic strip about some kids in high school. (cuz for some reason, i found readin johnny the homicidal maniac to be inspirational lol). plus i was hoping that if the comic i make is good, i can get it published in the newspaper at the high school i'm gonna go to. oh yeah, shen i searched on google, i didn't use quotation marks lol
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Lycatel » January 19th, 2012, 5:57 pm

My comic has a high school setting in it.. you're welcome to check it out... you just might like it ;)

After the 4th episode Jinn will go on a haitus
Lycatel

Postby Trallt14 » January 22nd, 2012, 1:01 am

My comic (not on SJ) Curly Girlz, takes place in high school. However, it's a very girly comic that involves romance and time travel (lol) not sure if that's your cup of tea or not hee hee.

http://www.curly-hair-styles-magazine.c ... ge-26.html
Trallt14

Postby Trallt14 » January 22nd, 2012, 1:06 am

OOOOh and I forgot Blue Steak http://bluestreak.smackjeeves.com/ and On the Bright Side. Blue Streak is more of a comedy/drama/also MUSICAL and OTBS is a romance/comedy.
Trallt14

Next

Return to Genre-Specific Discussion