Manga you're currently reading

Can't get enough of the Japanese-inspired art form? You've come to the right place.

Manga you're currently reading

Postby Guest » June 4th, 2010, 2:19 am

I thought there was a thread like this already..

Well just like the one in the Western forum, post whatever you're reading now, and any recommendations.

I started reading 20th century boys.

Re: Currently reading

Postby Supervillain » June 4th, 2010, 4:06 am

oh, I need to read that!

I recently finished reading Fire Candy. It's really short, only 2 volumes and remains unfinished, however I think it's really well made - the art, characters, story, plot.

Currently reading Parasyte.
Supervillain

Postby venion » June 4th, 2010, 9:50 am

Attempting to read through Last Fantasy but I can't read any more because I have every volume but #4 which I can't find in stock anywhere and the online fan translation I found was pretty terrible :/

I would recommend it anyway. It is very much like uh... the SJ comic Last Fantasy. Well damn, I never noticed that before.
venion

Postby yukaiHUNNY » June 4th, 2010, 10:45 am

Supervillain wrote:
Currently reading Parasyte.

I was reading Parasyte and I completely got out of it... I want ot finish it soon though. I'm currently cursing Toboso Yana for publishing Kuroshitsuji with a MONTHLY magazine. I can't handle a chapter a month...it's torture.
yukaiHUNNY

Postby Queerious Toast » June 4th, 2010, 11:14 am

Currently reading Reborn and Mirai Nikki
mosama wrote:Did I give you permission to bring my thread back from the dead with your flop ass autistic 5 year old doodle?
Queerious Toast

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2010, 12:41 am

I started reading something on TVTropes, and now I'm reading Franken Fran.

I don't know why, considering I'm kind of disturbing myself...also FMA.

Postby avian-reader » June 5th, 2010, 4:36 am

Supervillain wrote:Currently reading Parasyte.

Huzzah!! That series is awesome :D

I'm hardly reading anything to be honest, with exams coming up. Though I have been keeping up with ARAGO, which is being updated more frequently at the moment.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby set » June 5th, 2010, 9:47 am

I just started reading Detective Conan. WHERE HAS THIS SERIES BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE?

And I've been keeping up with Deadman Wonderland. Great story!
set

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2010, 2:15 pm

set wrote:I just started reading Detective Conan. WHERE HAS THIS SERIES BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE?

The rest of your life, which is good because it's so long and not even done yet. lol

Also, started reading NANA yesterday.

Postby Supervillain » June 6th, 2010, 3:25 am

hrmmmmmmm Im neautral to Parasyte >,<" don't hate but I dont love it........ Migi is awesome though <3

the length of Detective Conan threw me off from ever reading it D:
and I've only seen a few anime episodes......................................
however I am addicted to the movies *U* ufufufufufu.... I need to get the latest one! >,< KAITOU KID <3 *fangirlism-turbo:ON*

oh NANA! I started that too xD
only got to the 5th volume then I stopped.......... got long and draggy.....................
the only thing that will eventually make me re-start reading is the relationship between cool Nana x Ren...... they are too sweet ;A; <3
Hachiko annoys me so friggin' much D<
Supervillain

Postby Sonic-ock » June 6th, 2010, 4:11 pm

I'm currently reading a lot of things, but my main focus right now is Monster, I'm hooked and I only have a few more volumes to go.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby gun21 » June 6th, 2010, 6:48 pm

I'm watching Monster on Hulu because I'm a cheap bastard.

I've bought the first five 20th Century Boys. I intend on reading the series by buying 5 books at a time.

Also re-buying AKIRA in the new Kodansha volumes. I love that they're printing it in Giant paper.

Got Apollo's Song, and Ode to Kirohito by Osamu Tezuka, and trying to find MW. Ode to Kirohito was printed wierd, the paper is longer than the cover so it tears easily which sucks, but still an 800 page book for 25 bucks is a deal. These three are giant volumes that collect a trilogy of Tezuka's that deal with darker themes than his previous work. After I get that last book I'll start collecting Black Jack.

Also thinking about buying the 5 large volumes that make up the original Dragon Ball run.

I can probably get all these in the next year.
gun21

Postby Sonic-ock » June 6th, 2010, 7:24 pm

gun21 wrote:Got Apollo's Song, and Ode to Kirohito by Osamu Tezuka, and trying to find MW. Ode to Kirohito was printed wierd, the paper is longer than the cover so it tears easily which sucks, but still an 800 page book for 25 bucks is a deal. These three are giant volumes that collect a trilogy of Tezuka's that deal with darker themes than his previous work. After I get that last book I'll start collecting Black Jack.

That's funny, I started on Black Jack first, I plan to start going after Ode to Kirohito pretty soon though.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby Supervillain » June 7th, 2010, 1:04 pm

GOKUSEN *0*....
one of my fav shoujo mangas <3
reading the last volume as I type this <3
.... don't know what it is? Lets just say it's like GTO... but the lead is a woman....
.... don't know what GTO is?..... then where have you been? :|......
Supervillain

Postby Guest » June 7th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Supervillain wrote:oh NANA! I started that too xD
only got to the 5th volume then I stopped.......... got long and draggy.....................
the only thing that will eventually make me re-start reading is the relationship between cool Nana x Ren...... they are too sweet ;A; <3
Hachiko annoys me so friggin' much D<

lol Yeah, I watched an episode of the anime with Hachiko's love story issues blah blah blah....it took a bunch of fan art from one of my best friends to get me to look at it again. Yay cool Nana! :D

Next

Return to Manga