Spriters = Male or Female?

Share your 8-bits of thought here.

Spriters = Male or Female?

Postby CandyLove » July 18th, 2012, 4:29 am

Hi! I'm one of the newest spriters here on SJ and I'm curious how many male and female spriters are here. In my perspective, there would be more male spriters than female ones since most boys actually love playing games. This is just an opinion by the way and I'm a girl who also loves to play games, my female friends don't.

The questions is simple, are you male or female?

I'll keep tabs on this one. :D

Female = 5
Male = 1
Inhuman = 1 ( :twisted: )
Last edited by CandyLove on July 19th, 2012, 10:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
CandyLove

Re: Spriters = Male or Female?

Postby PeejsterM » July 18th, 2012, 10:50 am

Male.

No such thing as humans in the internet.
We never know if you're actually a twig with a fancy username.
Last edited by PeejsterM on July 18th, 2012, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
How Do I Comic?
I critique because I care.
PeejsterM

Postby Troll » July 18th, 2012, 11:35 am

No such thing as females in the internet.
We never know if you're actually a guy with a fancy username.
Troll

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2012, 11:40 am

Female User's thoughts:
No such thing as males in the internet.
We never know if you're actually a bitch with a fancy username.

Postby Princess_Eevee9 » July 18th, 2012, 12:31 pm

I'm a female and I agree all my female friends before I hit high school never wanted to play games with me just wanted to do boring things like dolls or boys :roll:
Princess_Eevee9

Postby eishiya » July 18th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Believe it or not, there's an actual topic worth discussing/replying to here, and that topic is not whether there are female users on the Internet.

I'm female, but I'm not sure I count as a spriter in the common sense of the word. I don't have an online sprite comic at the moment (I will eventually), and I make all my sprites from scratch, so I'm more of a pixel comic artist? I still consider myself something of a spriter, because the pixel art in question is primarily intended as sprites and environment art for a game rather than the comic.

I do not feel welcome in the sprite community, but this has little to nothing to do with my sex or the video games I like. It has more to do with the kinds of stories I like to read/write, and the kind of artwork I like in comics (I don't mean drawn versus sprite, I mean my preferences for sprite comics specifically).
eishiya

Postby CandyLove » July 19th, 2012, 5:57 am

Troll wrote:No such thing as females in the internet.

It's just shocking how a simple question turns someone inhuman. And NO, males do not EXCLUSIVELY own the internet to prevent US, females, to use it. I don't think SJ implements a "male only" members policy, do they?

Princess_Eevee9 wrote:I'm a female and I agree all my female friends before I hit high school never wanted to play games with me just wanted to do boring things like dolls or boys :roll:

Yup, there are some of us who are so deeply committed to finding their "soul mates" from the very beginning. I'm not part of that cliche group, btw.

eishiya wrote:Believe it or not, there's an actual topic worth discussing/replying to here, and that topic is not whether there are female users on the Internet.

I'm female, but I'm not sure I count as a spriter in the common sense of the word. I don't have an online sprite comic at the moment (I will eventually), and I make all my sprites from scratch, so I'm more of a pixel comic artist? I still consider myself something of a spriter, because the pixel art in question is primarily intended as sprites and environment art for a game rather than the comic.

I do not feel welcome in the sprite community, but this has little to nothing to do with my sex or the video games I like. It has more to do with the kinds of stories I like to read/write, and the kind of artwork I like in comics (I don't mean drawn versus sprite, I mean my preferences for sprite comics specifically).

I would love to read your future sprite/pixel art comics. I haven't seen sprite comics made from scratch so I'm definitely going to watch out for yours. ;) I've been searching for sprite comics with nice graphics (not blurry ones) but somehow I only end up with a bunch of sonic, mario, and pokemon sprites before I give up searching the SJ database. :( It would be nice to have someone like you to join the ranks of sprite comic makers. And you're always welcome to join the Sprite community.
CandyLove

Postby Princess_Eevee9 » July 19th, 2012, 7:25 am

eishiya wrote:Believe it or not, there's an actual topic worth discussing/replying to here, and that topic is not whether there are female users on the Internet.

What happened to the serious thread that was ongoing on here?

What Candylove said I'd love to see what you have in the making, I also make my sprites from scratch when I can because having been lumped in with others who don't know how to sprite sucks. I for one am starting to think that good sprite comics are becoming a lot art. Can't wait to see what you have and while I use games as my base sprites I still like to of mine as custom at least.
Princess_Eevee9

Postby CandyLove » July 19th, 2012, 8:40 am

I'm actually curious... What program do you use for creating custom sprites? I would like to try my hands on creating custom sprites as well.
CandyLove

Postby mitchellbravo » July 19th, 2012, 9:30 am

CandyLove wrote:
Troll wrote:No such thing as females in the internet.

It's just shocking how a simple question turns someone inhuman. And NO, males do not EXCLUSIVELY own the internet to prevent US, females, to use it. I don't think SJ implements a "male only" members policy, do they?

Take a look at his username and consider maybe he was making a joke.

But what do I know, I'm just a dumb and stupid girl who played with dolls and liked boys when I was growing up.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby eishiya » July 19th, 2012, 9:45 am

We already have a thread in this forum about which programs people use for spriting, so let's not turn this thread into that :]
eishiya

Postby wolf_rider » April 27th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Ok, I've been away for a year and extra 5 years before that and spriting community got a ratio of 5 to 1 in female vs male.
wolf_rider

Postby G.B.A » April 27th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Male and mostly human.
G.B.A

Postby mitchellbravo » April 27th, 2013, 8:00 pm

So, since the OP hasn't been around in quite a few months, I think it's safe to close this thread. CandyLove, if you do want this thread reopened because you seek further discussion on this topic, send me or one of the other mods a PM.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Return to Sprites