Normal People Sprites

Share your 8-bits of thought here.

Normal People Sprites

Postby StormTheHedgehog » April 13th, 2014, 11:33 pm

I'm currently working on remaking my original story based off my Sonic OC. But the beginning is going to start off on a different path than what the original went.

Are there any current sprites that are basically a regular person? Examples are: the kinds of people you see on the streets every day.

If there aren't, are there any spriters out there who can make professional sprites that resemble normal everyday people? All I just need is one man looking in his early 20s, wearing a black coat and blue jeans with black boots. Another sprite I request is a woman in her early 20s as well, just wearing black jeans and a red coat on. Her hair is slightly long and brown, reaching down to her shoulders. The man's hair isn't special, just reaches to his neck.

If sprites similar to this already exist, please direct me to them. Thank you.
StormTheHedgehog

Re: Normal People Sprites

Postby eishiya » April 14th, 2014, 7:11 am

River City Random, perhaps? and the Scott Pilgrim game. Both of those have evry distinct styles that'll probably look out of place with your other sprites though.

The trick to making "normal" people is to make them look unimportant - get rid of the details and vibrant colours that make the main characters stand out. I think you should take this as an opportunity to learn to make sprites yourself, since you won't be overwhelmed by complex designs or the pressure to make a lot of sprites since these probably won't be characters we'll see in a lot of poses. Don't delegate this to someone else xP
eishiya

Re: Normal People Sprites

Postby Afrohawkman » April 14th, 2014, 7:40 am

Tons of people also make edits of Mega Man sprites with Mega Man 8 being the most popular.
Afrohawkman

Return to Sprites