Where do most people get their sprite comic ideas

Share your 8-bits of thought here.

Where do most people get their sprite comic ideas

Postby Moon light madness » July 14th, 2014, 9:03 am

I was looking through my favorite comics and most of them are really unique. Like really unique. So what I just wanted to know was where do people come up with their comic ideas?
Moon light madness

Re: Where do most people get their sprite comic ideas

Postby eishiya » July 14th, 2014, 9:13 am

Please do not advertise your comic in your posts, it's against the rules outside of the Self-Promo section. If you want a link to your comic to accompany your posts, put it in your signature. You can edit your signature from the User Control Panel on the forum.

As for getting ideas - it's the same for sprite comics as it is for any other type of comic. Inspiration and ideas come from experiences. Go out there and experience things! Get out of your comfort zone and try new things. If you're doing a sprite comic, I suspect video games are an interest of yours - why not try playing some games you normally wouldn't have an interest in? But don't limit your new experiences to video games. Read more comics, books, watch films and shows you don't think you'd like (for reasons of content rather than quality), go to museums, go out for walks in your area if you can, do anything you can to broaden your horizons.

Don't strain to come up with ideas; let them come to you, and filter out the mediocre ones.
eishiya

Postby CrazyRacoon » July 16th, 2014, 9:52 am

I haven't made a sprite comic but I get most inspiration from my messed up dreams and real stories from people I know. Some police stories with murder and bank robbery are like something from action movies but real.
CrazyRacoon

Postby GamerTendo » October 16th, 2014, 2:40 pm

I usaully get inspired by a comic and try to make something based off it, but with lots of diferences.
GamerTendo

Return to Sprites