Your Favorite X-Men

Discuss the classic genre that turned comics into a major industry.

Your Favorite X-Men

Postby Yubria » May 14th, 2009, 6:56 pm

What the title says- who are your favorite X-Men (or Women) and why? List as many as you want, just please don't say " 'cause he/she's so cool!" as your only reason, because that doesn't count. (feel free to post pictures of them, by the way)

I'll start- my favorites are Professor X and Nightcrawler. I like Nightcrawler mainly because of his appearance- while all the other mutants could mostly pass for humans, he's just so... different. Physically. I'd say more, but I honestly haven't read enough about him to get to know his personality, but I like him.
I like Professor X because of his personality and his desire to help his fellow mutants and humans get along. Plus I find it especially cool that he's the world's most powerful telepath and he's in a wheelchair, for some reason.
Warning: Contains some flashy gifs and body horror.
Yubria

Re: Your Favorite X-Men

Postby tezzle » May 14th, 2009, 7:59 pm

I don't know a lot about the X-Men past general knowledge given to me throughout my life in the cartoons & movies, but I have to go with the cliche answer: Wolverine. He wasn't even originally in the X-Men, and he does just fine without them. He's more interesting as an individual than he is as part of a large team of mutants. Plus...the mutton-chops. I'd like to see Cyclops try to pull those off. Plus, if it weren't for Wolverine, we wouldn't have Deadpool!

But, if Wolverine's too cliche of an answer, which I think it is, I'm gonna go with Gambit. He's just, as Sonic the Hedgehog would put it (in the 90s...you know...then he was awesome), "way past cool!" The eyes, the outfit, the staff, the playing cards, the accent...So freaking cool.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Tailsgod » May 14th, 2009, 8:46 pm

I have to say either Prof. X or Cyclops

Yeah Wolvie is just too cliché

Prof. X is just plain kick ass, in anything

and Cyclops was the Original X-man so yeah
Tailsgod

Postby granmastern » May 15th, 2009, 9:00 am

Bishop: I used to watch the cartoon tv show and he was in part of my favourite episodes from the series, the age of apocalypse that was a 5-6 part episode, it was great.

Magneto: again from the tv series, he was a great character with a great background story, my favourite episode with him is a bit poetic, he builts a spaceship to get his mutant team out of the earth to create some "new world order"... on the spaceship, he gets betrayed, loses his powers and thrown into space, he's not far from the earth though and the earths gravitational field strength pulls him back to earth, and at the same time the earths magnetic field gives him back his power and he gets his revenge kicking ass, I just love how he got his power back from the planet he wanted to leave. (note that I haven't seen that episode in a while, so its not 100% accurate)
granmastern

Postby paradonia » May 15th, 2009, 10:57 pm

Gambit. Gambit. Gambit. Did I say "Gambit?" Oh, alright. I used to(and still do) love Gambit as a kid. He was the suave guy who threw flaming, exploding cards.

...I was quite the pyromaniac as a littlun.
paradonia

Postby K I R A » May 16th, 2009, 12:43 am

Not sure why, but there's something about Nightcrawler that I love.
K I R A

Postby tezzle » May 16th, 2009, 9:40 am

paradonia wrote:Gambit. Gambit. Gambit. Did I say "Gambit?" Oh, alright. I used to(and still do) love Gambit as a kid.

Yes! Gambit fans ASSEMBLE!

And while I do like Nightcrawler and think he's sewpur-kewl & junk...his name just reminds me of worms.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Yubria » May 16th, 2009, 10:02 am

tezzle wrote:And while I do like Nightcrawler and think he's sewpur-kewl & junk...his name just reminds me of worms.

haha, I know! Makes me wonder why they chose the name....

tezzle wrote: ...Wolverine. Plus...the mutton-chops. I'd like to see Cyclops try to pull those off.

ha! Cyclops with facial hair- that's a good one! :lol: (I seriously can't picture it!)
Yubria

Postby comatrust » May 17th, 2009, 2:45 am

tezzle wrote:
paradonia wrote:Gambit. Gambit. Gambit. Did I say "Gambit?" Oh, alright. I used to(and still do) love Gambit as a kid.

Yes! Gambit fans ASSEMBLE!

And while I do like Nightcrawler and think he's sewpur-kewl & junk...his name just reminds me of worms.

Hazzah For Gambit.
comatrust

Postby GreenLiquidBrain » May 17th, 2009, 7:13 am

I've always been a huge sucker for Beast. :D I just love how he's so big and scary looking, yet very calm and friendly. Also... he's blue. Can't top that. :I

I like Nightcrawler a lot too. Again with the blue. O:
GreenLiquidBrain

Postby Yubria » May 17th, 2009, 8:21 am

GreenLiquidBrain wrote:I've always been a huge sucker for Beast. :D I just love how he's so big and scary looking, yet very calm and friendly. Also... he's blue. Can't top that. :I

I like Nightcrawler a lot too. Again with the blue. O:

Haha- that's a big reason why I like Nightcrawler! And Beast, too- probably because he acts so much different than what you would expect from what he looks like.
Yubria

Postby gun21 » May 17th, 2009, 12:26 pm

I really like Cyclops, who has a shit load of unused potential to be great, it's just a shame no writer has the talent to make him more interesting.
gun21

Postby Yubria » May 17th, 2009, 6:18 pm

gun21 wrote:I really like Cyclops, who has a shit load of unused potential to be great, it's just a shame no writer has the talent to make him more interesting.

I know. I'm guessing it's because Wolverine is so popular that everyone wants to do him. :roll:
Yubria

Postby cheshire » May 17th, 2009, 9:21 pm

Colossus has got to be my favourite. Or maybe I just feel obligated to choose the one Russian mutant.

But it'd be crazy to be able to be relatively indestructable like that. Plus that whole superstrength thing is pretty great.

Then... probably Storm. When she doesn't have a mohawk.
cheshire

Postby Kazuuu » May 22nd, 2009, 8:43 pm

I have TONS. X-men is my favorite comic franchise. I have a bunch of X-men comics hanging on my wall.

I have so many I'll split them into different gender groups. For females it's between Polaris and Psylocke. For males, it's between Bishop and Gambit. I had a huge fanboy moment when I found the old issue where Bishop made one of his first appearances. He was trying to kill Gambit because Gambit supposedly became a traitor in the future. Which, he kinda did later on in the comics. Kinda.

@ Yubria (don't feel like quoting): He had facial hair in the Astonishing X-men series! Imagine that! kyaah. Although it was just a stubble. =/. But it's still hair.
Kazuuu

Next

Return to Western/American