Your Favorite X-Men

Discuss the classic genre that turned comics into a major industry.

Re: Your Favorite X-Men

Postby josta59 » May 23rd, 2009, 6:01 am

cheshire wrote:
Then... probably Storm. When she doesn't have a mohawk.

Hmm, I feel the opposite. But then, she had a mohawk when I first started reading X-Men (ca. 1981?), so it was weird for me when she grew her hair out!

Anyway, mine by far is Havok. He's the only one I really follow. Well, him and Polaris.

Alex has had so much crap thrown at him since the '60s that you never know if he's going to be a "good guy" or a "bad guy", just like most real people. I was way into X-Factor in the mid-'90s when Alex took over the team, and what a cool team it was.

It's weird because I'm the older, brown-haired brother while my younger brother is blonde, and he's the one who's always been in my shadow, and yet...Havok is just so much more fun to read than Cyclops most of the time!

And his girlfriend is Polaris! 'Nuff said?

Hope he's doing ok out there in Space Prison...
josta59

Postby FlyingMonkey » May 27th, 2009, 3:33 pm

The Merc, with a Mouth...that’s right Deadpool!!!

I've always said that your mouth is your best weapon, and Wade Wilson proves my point. All those puns, pop culture references, and even breaking the Fourth Wall. I don't know anyone who doesn’t like Deadpool.

Later, FM
FlyingMonkey

Postby SuperBiasedMan » May 27th, 2009, 3:49 pm

FlyingMonkey wrote:The Merc, with a Mouth...that’s right Deadpool!!!

I've always said that your mouth is your best weapon, and Wade Wilson proves my point. All those puns, pop culture references, and even breaking the Fourth Wall. I don't know anyone who doesn’t like Deadpool.

Later, FM

Wow, I can't believe Deadpool is so cool that he's even the best X-man. Wait, how can I not believe that?
Hang on, you sign your name at the end of every post? Strange...

I think my favourite is Gambit. It might have been Bishop, if he hadn't tried to kill Gambit.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Postby tezzle » May 27th, 2009, 5:31 pm

If Deadpool can be the best X-Man, a team which he isn't even in, then we should be able to nominate him for anything! Most Popular US President, World's Sexiest Grandpa, Fastest Text-Messenger...

I'd vote Deadpool for any of those, and I think he'd be more than pleased to accept the awards he did nothing to earn.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Tailsgod » May 28th, 2009, 7:48 pm

tezzle wrote:If Deadpool can be the best X-Man, a team which he isn't even in, then we should be able to nominate him for anything! Most Popular US President, World's Sexiest Grandpa, Fastest Text-Messenger...

I'd vote Deadpool for any of those, and I think he'd be more than pleased to accept the awards he did nothing to earn.

He should win the noble prize for interpretive dance!!!!
Tailsgod

Postby samota » September 5th, 2009, 9:19 am

hmmm i think my favorite X-men would have to be Storm...and Gambit, those two are the best!!!!
F*ck you and your eyebrows!!!!
samota

Postby Nymine » November 7th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Eee! X-men! *glomps thread*

It's a strain on my brain, but I have to say White Queen. Emma was the very first villan I actually started rooting for. And she gets bonus points for being a part of the Hellfire Club, an organization with the niftiest name ever imagined. Anyhoo, in all seriousness, it's not her power or ability or fashion sense that makes me zero in on every issue with her in it. It's the attitude. I'd vouch that she's probably one of the strongest personalities out of the spotlight psychics in the series(I'm not touching the whole 'diamond skin thing'; that's sort of an unnecissary tack-on to the character I grew up loving back when I was ferreting comics from my brothers in the '90s).

That and she mind-cheated with Cyclops, which I find rather hilarious. :P
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Iah Ansgar » November 20th, 2009, 4:12 pm

Ultimate Marvel Rogue, and Ultimate Marvel Gambit. The characters didn't receive much attention in their short time together but their awkward relationship and what they accomplished in that short time makes me love them, plus Rogue got Gambits powers for like six months, that was sweet!
Iah Ansgar

Postby acidic » November 27th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Deadpool, of course, and for some reason Sabertooth is also a favorite. Neither are part of the X-Men but hey, villains are better anyway.
Gambit and Magneto are also awesome.
acidic

Postby supersayainblue » November 28th, 2009, 12:28 am

dead pool or I know this might not count by I love Pyro and his fire power. I mean the Pyro in the movies not some dumb other kind. My first post..... Oh yeah! :)
supersayainblue

Postby Molly-sama » December 2nd, 2009, 12:39 am

nightcrawler. :D especially in x-man evolution and the movies.

teleportation, funny, and creepily religious. what's not to love? lol
Molly-sama

Postby MacSimon » January 6th, 2010, 11:56 pm

He's just great.
MacSimon

Postby Thriller Man » May 22nd, 2010, 7:37 pm

I would include Wolverine as one of my favorites because of his attitude and the stuff that he's been through, however I consider Wolverine to be the "default" answer. The public loves Wolverine a lot. I mean, there are a lot of reasons why Wolverine is cool. So here's how I'll do it. If we're talking characters, my favorite would have to be Magneto. If we're talking heroes who are part of the X-Men, here are my favorites:

Storm - Very good addition to the X-Men. Her style of clothing is not only good but also her powers. In my opinion, she's one of the most powerful X-Men if not THE most powerful, and her leadership abilities are well-coordinated. She's not only powerful but she's also very smart and very beautiful. And though she's not one to easily anger, you really don't wanna anger her.

Cyclops - To be honest, I feel that Cyclops has to be the most underrated X-Men. I like Cyclops simply because he is the most dedicated X-Man there. He has been with the X-Men ever since Day 1, and his determination and leadership has been with that team for years. He's been with the X-Men during their best and worse days. And he's also pretty hilarious, too. I think over the years, he has developed more and more. I hated that they killed him off in third X-Men . That just wasn't cool at all. :(

Gambit - Probably the coolest of the X-Men. His style is just too good. What's not to like about Gambit. He's so smooth and slick. Gambit has to be one of the suavest X-Men ever. I just really like what they did with the character a lot. And it's interesting how he uses his powers.
Thriller Man

Postby FreshlySteamed » May 31st, 2010, 11:54 pm

Oh man I haven't really kept up with the X-men universe since the early 90s but yah Rogue and Psylocke are my favorites

Rogue: She's always been my favorite. Like I think it hella sucks that she can't touch anyone but at the same time its cool that she can absorb powers.

Psylocke: I've liked her prior to her currently appearance, when she was covered head to toe and was british lol. When she turn all asian I liked how she was Ninja like =P
FreshlySteamed

Postby DTrinidad » June 12th, 2010, 3:20 am

My top 3 are Wolverine, Cyclops, and Mystique.
DTrinidad

PreviousNext

Return to Western/American