Favorite Animated Movie/Series that isn't anime

Discuss the classic genre that turned comics into a major industry.

Favorite Animated Movie/Series that isn't anime

Postby Sorrows Neptune » February 27th, 2011, 3:17 am

For me, it would be Futurama. I've seen every single episode of seasons 1-4 twice. Maybe thrice.
Sorrows Neptune

Re: Favorite Animated Movie/Series that isn't anime

Postby Guest » February 27th, 2011, 3:25 am

Hmm, I'm not sure if I have a particular favourite show yet, but I do currently enjoy watching Young Justice, the new MLP, Stoked, Justice League, and Totally Spies (if that counts?). ★

Postby UrbanMysticDee » February 27th, 2011, 3:28 am

Somewhere along the lines of Beetlejuice, Angry Beavers, and Home Movies. Daria and King of the Hill are up there too, but not as high.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby gun21 » February 27th, 2011, 3:45 pm

gun21

Postby lonk » February 27th, 2011, 3:56 pm

Samurai Jack is my all time favourite, and hopefully the film coming up will be good.

Dexters Lab, 90s X-Men, SRMTHFG (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force GO..), Johnny Quest, Spongebob (the movie was great, it had the Hoff in it) Teen Titans, MLP... Super Jail + Venture Bros are awesome annnnd a few others that I probably forgot.
bricks wrote:my mother mentioned to my uncle that i would like horror manga for my bday....so he gives me horror manga.. aka horrible manga aka 2 vols of hetalia

Seven Rain wrote:Here, how about some more animals being d-Umm... Jerks.
lonk

Postby Reigan » February 27th, 2011, 3:59 pm

Spongebob is my all-time favorite television series, but MLP: Friendship is magic is a good second.
Reigan

Location: The land or fairy tales, gum drops, and all that good stuff.

Postby Asj » February 27th, 2011, 4:16 pm

hmm...
I liked the 1994 Spider-Man. That show was awesome (unless you'd consider that anime. The american comic shows are pretty much the same style. :/ ). Do I remember right that in the new Spider-Man movies, string comes out of his skin or something? That's just wrong. I also liked Static Shock, X-Men, uh... Oh, Sonic The Hedgehog would fit here. That was my first favorite cartoon, which I watched when I was around 7 (and I guess also the last one I called 'my favorite' that wasn't anime). I'm sure there's other series I liked... There's been a lot of movies, but I don't know which animated ones I'd consider my favorites... I think most of my favorite movies aren't animated. When Anastasia came out, I liked it a lot, but it wasn't as good as I thought it'd be from the previews - not enough amnesia stuff.
As for current favorites... I don't really see much good animated non-Japanese stuff anymore. Although, I've also pretty much stopped watching TV...
Asj

Postby Inxerene » February 27th, 2011, 4:28 pm

I like the Boondocks, Venture Bros., Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, MLP:FIM, the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons, the old Mario Bros. cartoons.. my favorite movies are Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, and everything else that results to being a now Disney classic.. there's also Anastasia (not Disney). God, I love Anastasia.

I wish I could say the Hello Kitty shows/movies too but those are anime. ;A;
My Pokemon comic. It updates daily.. hopefully.
Of Myths and Legends

Inxerene

Postby Ddraigeneth » February 27th, 2011, 5:49 pm

I like cartoons in general--a couple of my favourite movies would be The Road to El Dorado and The Emperor's New Groove...in fact, I think those are the only ones I own on DVD.
Watched all of Invader Zim and Futurama on Netflix--I'll watch Family Guy or the Simpsons if they're on, but I've never cared enough to seek them out.

I'll give most cartoons a chance, at least for an episode or two.
Ddraigeneth

Postby KirbyHead » February 27th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Go Team Venture indeed! Points also go to the Boondocks, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Young Justice.

For less plot oriented ones, I'd say Adventure Time, the Regular Show, Phineas and Ferb, and maybe some other that I can't remember at the moment. Good stuff, all of them.
KirbyHead

Postby Guest » February 27th, 2011, 6:40 pm

noruta the not-misfit ninja

Postby lonk » February 28th, 2011, 8:33 am

KirbyHead wrote:Avatar: The Last Airbender.

How could I forget that?! this does go in the list of awesome series, and just remembered another one :Teen Titans.
bricks wrote:my mother mentioned to my uncle that i would like horror manga for my bday....so he gives me horror manga.. aka horrible manga aka 2 vols of hetalia

Seven Rain wrote:Here, how about some more animals being d-Umm... Jerks.
lonk

Postby Wander Tones » February 28th, 2011, 8:46 am

Excluding the obvious, I'd have to say Futurama (the later ones when it was still on Fox especially), and probably the early to middle Simpsons episodes (I recently saw the end of the one where Apu and Mandula are having marriage problems, and that bit with Homer hopping backwards on the ladder was hilarious).

I honestly don't watch that much television any more, especially since The Daily Show and The Colbert Report were taken off ABC (Australian Broadcasting Company).
Q wrote:A couple of hours ago, I realised that my body was no longer functioning properly. I felt weak - I could no longer stand. The life was oozing out of me; I lost consciousness.
Picard wrote:You fell asleep.

Wander Tones

Location: There's this one little corner of my bedroom, and it has a laptop...

Postby Guest » February 28th, 2011, 9:43 am

I'd have to say the Iron Giant. I remember watching it when I was younger. I liked a almost everything about it the story, animation, voice acting, and especially the humor.

Postby Guest » February 28th, 2011, 10:00 am

Avatar:The last Air Bender, KND, Young Justice, Teen Titans, The old bat man animated series, and Invader Zim. I also love the star wars movies. In fact they should mix star wars and invader zim. oh wait they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI0nQhbJ ... re=related

and this is a mix of two awesome shows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Xn9SUD ... re=related

Next

Return to Western/American