atomic comics closed...GOOD RIDDANCE

Discuss the classic genre that turned comics into a major industry.

atomic comics closed...GOOD RIDDANCE

Postby malcolm hex » August 23rd, 2011, 1:03 am

As a former employee of the atomic comics mesa store location, i kinda felt abd about hearing about the store closing up today, BUT, after reading about how mike malve is blaming the girl who accidentally drove into that same store back in 2006 as one of the main reasons as to why he's filing bankruptcy, even after all the money he's made since then from having his buddies in the comic industry come down to do special signings, all the special events he's held at his locations on a monthly basis AND not to meniton having his store's likeness appear as the comic shop eveyrone goes to in the movie kickass, all i gotta say is good riddance.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... close.html
http://ktar.com/category/local-news-art ... -25-years/
despite what a lot of industry regulars may say about malve, and not saying he's not a good guy, he can be quite the asshole at times too and i'm pretty sure just the fact alone that he didn't even bother to notify his regulars about the stores closing down after 25 years of business, especially to the loyal pullboxers who have prepaid for items is a nice testament to that.
malcolm hex

Re: atomic comics closed...GOOD RIDDANCE

Postby SushiGummy » August 23rd, 2011, 1:43 am

Good riddance? Bullcrap. Atomic Comics was one of my favorite stores around, not to mention the only comic store around where I live.

Bah. This is awful news for me. Where am I going to get me my Deadpool comics? Barnes & Noble doesn't stock anything good.
SushiGummy

Re: atomic comics closed...GOOD RIDDANCE

Postby malcolm hex » August 23rd, 2011, 1:47 am

SushiGummy wrote:Good riddance? Bullcrap. Atomic Comics was one of my favorite stores around, not to mention the only comic store around where I live.

Bah. This is awful news for me. Where am I going to get me my Deadpool comics? Barnes & Noble doesn't stock anything good.

where you at?

mesa's got atleast two other lcs downtown. one is even a coffeeshop/comic store.
the comic shop/coffee house one is right off of main street in the shopping center area on the main strip....not a hundred percent sure about the other store though.

and yeah, it IS awful news for the customers, especially the whole not even giving them notice of closing down.
don't get me wrong, it sucks the store closed, i'm saying good riddance though to someone who has as many connections as he has claiming bankruptcy and blaming an underaged girl having a car accident five years ago as his reason why he's gotta close down.

he couldn't make up those losses when he has jhonen vasquez do a special signing? or what about when he had the four founders of image comics show up do a guest signing?
malcolm hex

Return to Western/American