Kalwa review request

Nominate a webcomic for review here. You may suggest your own comic.

Kalwa review request

Postby GreenRaptorStudios » January 29th, 2018, 7:51 pm

Hi everyone, I've been on here for about four years and I think it it's time I got a review for my webcomic, Kalwa.

https://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=150639

Currently we are on Chapter 11 about time to start chapter 12. Any feedback would be most appreciated.
GreenRaptorStudios

Re: Kalwa review request

Postby MemaiShirosaki » August 25th, 2018, 11:51 pm

Oh, has no one done this yet? Mind if I review it? I have some time to kill in the coming days and I need to heal my wrist up. I'll bump this thread again once I'm done :3
MemaiShirosaki

Postby GreenRaptorStudios » August 26th, 2018, 2:22 pm

MemaiShirosaki wrote:Oh, has no one done this yet? Mind if I review it? I have some time to kill in the coming days and I need to heal my wrist up. I'll bump this thread again once I'm done :3

Go right ahead
GreenRaptorStudios

Postby mindcat » August 26th, 2018, 5:43 pm

It's pretty obvious I'm a fan by now, but I'll tell you why. I've read a lot of manga and webcomics. Like, a lot. For me, the story is the most important part. Bonus points if the art is out of this world but it's the stories I remember. I really like yours. It's got an good plot, funny moments (the part where he puts out the electrical fire was hilarious), exciting action scenes, and the best part is the character development. You have a strong female character with an actual personality, not someone just reacting to scenarios. And I love the dynamic between Kalwa and Reko. He's actually my favorite character. I'm a big fan of guys suffering for a female. You put a lot of effort into the backgrounds and costumes and stuff, and you don't let it slow down your timeline, which I appreciate.

Honestly, when I first looked at your stuff, I didn't know if I was gonna like it. The art was a bit wonky and I thought it was gonna be one of those ninja action comics. But I couldn't stop reading. The reason I favorited your comic was because I knew it would always be entertaining for me to read.

If you're looking for constructive criticism: speed up. I need to know what happens. If it were a cartoon, I'd binge watch it. It actually reminds me of InuYasha. Honestly, I feel like it hasn't even really gotten to the good stuff yet. I like your comic, mostly, because I can tell how much work you put into it. And it's quite impressive that you manage to keep a steady pace. Anyway, you have a loyal reader over here, keep up the good work. Hope I get to see your stuff at comic con one day.
mindcat

Postby GreenRaptorStudios » August 26th, 2018, 6:30 pm

mindcat wrote:It's pretty obvious I'm a fan by now, but I'll tell you why. I've read a lot of manga and webcomics. Like, a lot. For me, the story is the most important part. Bonus points if the art is out of this world but it's the stories I remember. I really like yours. It's got an good plot, funny moments (the part where he puts out the electrical fire was hilarious), exciting action scenes, and the best part is the character development. You have a strong female character with an actual personality, not someone just reacting to scenarios. And I love the dynamic between Kalwa and Reko. He's actually my favorite character. I'm a big fan of guys suffering for a female. You put a lot of effort into the backgrounds and costumes and stuff, and you don't let it slow down your timeline, which I appreciate.

Honestly, when I first looked at your stuff, I didn't know if I was gonna like it. The art was a bit wonky and I thought it was gonna be one of those ninja action comics. But I couldn't stop reading. The reason I favorited your comic was because I knew it would always be entertaining for me to read.

If you're looking for constructive criticism: speed up. I need to know what happens. If it were a cartoon, I'd binge watch it. It actually reminds me of InuYasha. Honestly, I feel like it hasn't even really gotten to the good stuff yet. I like your comic, mostly, because I can tell how much work you put into it. And it's quite impressive that you manage to keep a steady pace. Anyway, you have a loyal reader over here, keep up the good work. Hope I get to see your stuff at comic con one day.

Thank you for your critique and I'm happy that you like Reko. Your criticism about speeding up is indeed a criticism I have had for myself for a long time. I personally admit that the first arch (the western arch) ran a little too long, we were on a different work habit back then. We used to plan out and plot story lengths as we went along, and it led to problems. The western arch was supposed to be four chapters long, but wound up going to six, we also think the first chapter dragged on a little bit. Once we finished chapter 10 and saw what was going on, my co-writer and I completely rewrote the initial plot we had in order to move along faster. We now decide how long an arch will be in advance and what needs to go in and what will fit. So thank you for being patient, trust me, you'll see some great stuff very soon. We are almost into the main point of the story, thanks for sticking with us. Thanks for your review, and we will get a con.
GreenRaptorStudios

Postby mindcat » August 30th, 2018, 11:14 pm

Yay! I can't wait :D
mindcat

Return to Nominations for Review