Action Adventure Comedy- Wizards Heroes- Review please

Nominate a webcomic for review here. You may suggest your own comic.

Action Adventure Comedy- Wizards Heroes- Review please

Postby NatsuRage » July 12th, 2019, 12:40 pm

Hello everyone, i love to get my webcomic Wizards Heroes a review or to have a feedback.

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=178279

Thanks,
NatsuRage

Re: Action Adventure Comedy- Wizards Heroes- Review please

Postby StanleyComics » July 12th, 2019, 2:23 pm

I'm not really that qualified for a review, I read some of your comic and my most notable critique is that the English isn't really good. That can be due to English not being your first language, but I can recommend you to ask Xero Boomer for a review, because he makes a lot of nice ones. Here's his profile: http://www.smackjeeves.com/profile.php?id=347461
His contact info is there and you can ask him to review you if you like.
StanleyComics

Postby NatsuRage » July 12th, 2019, 3:20 pm

Thank you for your feedback! :)
NatsuRage

Postby StanleyComics » July 12th, 2019, 4:23 pm

No probs :D
StanleyComics

Postby artofjoe » July 13th, 2019, 6:12 am

I agree with StanleyComics on the english. You swap your past and present tenses very often and mix up your there's (there, their, they're) wheres (were, where, we're) and many other words spelled incorrectly or just wrongly used. I'd suggest watching some youtube videos on grammar rules or getting a friend to spellcheck for you.

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for critique wise, but if you ask me the art seems really flat. In most pages all the characters look like a piece of paper lying flat on a background that looks like another piece of paper. Line weight and different line thicknesses would help fix this as well as some shading and a better knowledge and application of perspective. You also rely on the line tool a lot and it makes your characters very inconsistent (especially their faces) and lazy feeling. I'd recommend not doing digital art if you only have a mouse to draw with and sticking to paper and pens. Get your basic shapes down and build your characters with those specific shapes in mind. If you want some more in depth tips on improving your drawings, PM me and I'll try to help you out. I'm not a manga artist, but maybe I can help get you further.
Go at your own pace and don't rush your art. It's okay to take it slow. Right now there isn't anybody demanding that you finish making your comic, so just relax and spend a little more time learning and experimenting with your artwork. It looks a lot like you are speeding through things and trying to cut corners, they say not to rush art for a reason.
Generally you did a pretty good job with conveying what was going on, even in the action scenes, which looked weird at times. Your comic wasn't too hard to follow art wise, it just was a bit boring to look at.

Now, all of this^ is just my opinion, do what you want with it. Please don't give up on drawing and writing, improvement is possible and within reach, just keep learning and implementing what you learn and remember that you don't have to make a masterpiece right now, you can always go back and redo it better later. You've got 90 pages, so if nothing else, you've got some dedication. The fact that you started already puts you ahead of so many people.
artofjoe

Postby NatsuRage » July 13th, 2019, 6:31 am

Thank you for taking time for the feedback! And its truth what you said i have cut corners at times but in others is most because i dont know how to use manga studio lol The spelling errors are because im rush to get the page out or lack of proper english. Actions scenes are hard to make so i trying using reference from other mangas i own, overall comics are hard to make hahaha but I will try my best improving my webcomic and thank you again for taking your time to read my comic and giving me your feedback.
NatsuRage

Postby artofjoe » July 13th, 2019, 5:11 pm

No problem. Remember that nobody is making you rush, so it's okay to slow down and give each panel the attention it deserves.
artofjoe

Return to Nominations for Review