Please review he Homeroom

Nominate a webcomic for review here. You may suggest your own comic.

Please review he Homeroom

Postby Gaffney » October 28th, 2019, 7:38 am

Hey guys. I’m coming up on the end of the first chapter of my webcomic, the Homeroom of Colony High, a story about a school run by aliens (among other things). I think it has improved a lot since I started, and I KNOW it needs to improve a lot more going forward, but I want some feedback from people who actually read webcomics. I want to know what about my comic works, what doesn’t, and maybe what I could be doing to make it better.

[url]colonyhomeroom.com[/url]
Gaffney

Re: Please review he Homeroom

Postby artofjoe » October 28th, 2019, 9:38 am

Hi, I read the first 10 pages. I haven't read enough to form a critique yet, but I would recommend heading over to the BadWebcomicsWiki forums and asking for a review in the "is this webcomic bad?" section of their forums. I did it once and they definitely let me know where I needed improvement.
artofjoe

Postby Gaffney » October 28th, 2019, 9:40 am

I’ve read some of their reviews. They’re pretty savage, but I do need hard criticism. Thanks.
Gaffney

Postby artofjoe » October 28th, 2019, 10:10 am

If you don't take it personally, harsh raw criticism can be one of the most helpful tools in the world. I haven't read too many other reviews on the site and I wasn't there long, but in my experience the reviews were very honest and harsh, but not mean spirited. It felt like they tore me to shreds, and then cheered on to rebuild myself. Which is something I really appreciate. Also, I recommend thanking them for taking the time to share their opinions with you rather than argue with them about their opinions. I see a lot of webcomic authors argue with critics all the time and I just think, noooooo. If you come out and ask for an opinion, be grateful you got one, no matter what it is. Don't waste both of your time by arguing with them as to why they have a garbage opinion. Take it or leave it, haha. If they ask for a critique on their critique, then it's your turn.
Anyway, I'll hopefully come back and finish your comic sometime to give you a review. I can already see some stuff I like and don't like, but I'll wait till I get to the end to say what because you may fix some problems by then.
artofjoe

Postby Gaffney » October 28th, 2019, 10:18 am

Oh don’t misunderstand me, it’s a good idea. I’ve already joined their forum. A hard critique is absolutely what I want.
Gaffney

Return to Nominations for Review